[Indian Cricket Career] Bat/Equipment Research

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hi, everyone. I have decided to separate out the type of ways you can help a bit, so that it will become a little clearer. With the cricket part of the game more or less complete, I have now moved to organizing the player part.

Bats and equipment are one factor in this equation. If you would like to help out in bat research, please download the XLS file below (will attach it in a moment). Here is a description of each field in the file:

costlow, costhigh - The range of prices for this bat (new)
power - The amount of power generated by the blade (out of 100)
durability - How long the bat will last (out of 100, probably approx # of innings)
feel - How comfortable the bat is to use (out of 100)

Opinions will play a huge role in this and I am not really concerned about exact accuracy of these ratings, but more that there is a lot of choice and authenticity, and a large range of levels. Players will be limited by a budget so they won't be able to immediately purchase the most powerful, durable and comfortable bat.

Also, if anyone has a link to a website with good quality photos of bat faces (preferably on a white background), please post here. Thanks! Please send the XLS files back to cricket AT sohummm DOT com.

LINK: http://cricketindiaonline.net/BatResearch.xls

Last edited:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cost low is the cheapest you can get the bat for and cost high is the highest

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
I ahven't finished it but I have done a fair bit. Do I just leave it as I have done it on the site.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
GrayNicolls said:
I ahven't finished it but I have done a fair bit. Do I just leave it as I have done it on the site.
Umm.... You don't need to do all the bats in the world--a few would more than suffice (especially for now, so I have something concrete to input into the engine). I'm not sure what you mean by the second part, but you'll have to save it to your own computer and then email it to me/upload it somewhere.

manee said:
Cost low is the cheapest you can get the bat for and cost high is the highest
Yup. These two numbers will be used to generate a number for which each bat will cost. Each player will have a unique bat(s)! Before each game, you'll be able to choose which bat you want to use for the game, etc. That was a little feature drop. :)

evertonfan said:
I'll be delighted to help in any way I can pal.

How about this website?

http://www.barringtonsports.com/cricket/

I hope you find it good enough pal.
That's just about perfect! :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
GrayNicolls said:
I can't save it as I need authentication information.
I'm not sure why this is happening. Did you try saving it into your local harddrive? If that doesn't work, just create a new spreadsheet, copy and paste the cells from the file you edited to the one you just created, save that and email it. Sorry for causing so much trouble!

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
No problems. I'm sure there are a lot more bats out there, but I found them. I can give you a list on who uses certain bats if you want.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I won't be needing particular bats for players because that facility will only be for human players. Hence, you won't be able to play as Ricky Ponting or Kevin Pietersen. :) Or Sachin Tendulkar, for that matter.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
sohummisra said:
I won't be needing particular bats for players because that facility will only be for human players. Hence, you won't be able to play as Ricky Ponting or Kevin Pietersen. :) Or Sachin Tendulkar, for that matter.

Surley we can play as Glenn Chapple? :)

Thanks for considering me as part of the team Sohumm. I'm delighted to be involved.

Users who are viewing this thread