[Indian Cricket Career] Suggestions and Ideas

pal

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Please post any suggestions you might have as to the development of the game, anything you haven't seen in the past and would like to see implemented, so and so forth. :cheers

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe you could have corrupt bookies and stuff who try to convince you to thrown games, so you can earn money. It should be possible to have a wife and kids as well so that your personal life could disrupt your performances. It would be great to make this game like an RPG.

pal

International Coach
Match-fixing will definitely be involved, but the penalties will also be there. ;)

pal

International Coach
Lol, it might not be that detailed at this stage of planning, but you will have your choice of training facilities, agents, coaches, equipment, etc.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, interviews with TV companies would be nice too, as well as awards such as Sports Personality of the year.

Okay maybe i'm goin a little overboard here!

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Heres a suggestion:

If you are an all rounder or batsman. You fight (metaphorically) with Ganguly to get into the team. You have a choice over a day to sit back and gain publicity, try and further slander Ganguly's image, or train in the nets.

Heres another:

When you start, you pick a telent for your player. However, if you pick a talent, others may suffer.

EG.

Pace as the talent, accuracy may decrease

Aggresive batting as a wicketkeeper increases, actual wicket keeping skills decrease

If the person is a quick bowler, they are less likely to be a captain

If they are a wicketkeeper/batsman/captain, they may fatigue with all the pressure

Originally posted for TCP

manee said:
TRAINING MODES FOR CAREER PLAYER MODE

Weight lifting

-Give spinners more bounce and better quicker ball
-Pacers more bounce and pace
-Allow batsman to hit ball harder
-Harder throws for fielders

-May reduce spin for spinners
-Pacers may lose accuracy or have a no-ball problem
-Batsman may sky ground shots often
-Keepers may react slower

Lose weight - nullifies weight lifting

-Less no balls for pacers
-Faster running between wickets
-May lead to increase in pace for quick bowlers (quicker run-up)
-Better reflexes (ability to play swing, yorkers, bouncers)
-Better diving in keeping and fielding

-May lead to decrease in pace for quick bowlers (less strength)
-Batsman may not be able to hit as many sixes

Technique training

-Increase in spin for spinners
-Increase in cut and swing for pacers
-Better stroke play in batsman
-Better catching for fielders and wicketkeepers
-Possible increase in delivery selection in spinners
-Possible better diving whilst running between wickets

-Possible loss of pace in pacers
-Possible loss of bounce in spinners

Specific training sessions

Driving shots

-Better drives
-May decrease ability in cross bat shots

Cross bat shots

-Increase ability in cross bat shots
-Worse drives

Evasion techniques (batting)

-Will increase ability to evade bouncers
-Make liable to slower balls

Catching

-Catching
-Takes much practice for any noticeable effect

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

But in 90% in cases training should be beneficial. There may actually be no downsides to anything but weight lifting and weight loss because they are opposites.

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Madman said:
will there be a playable match engine or will you only get the commntary or something different?
This should be in the questions thread but I'll answer it here anyway. If you are talking about the match engine as in the engine that generates the matches (as opposed to the one that controls the career), it won't be playable. You are an actual player in the game, and thus you can only control your own powers. Hence, you will train, earn money, buy equipment, relax, etc. and perform when it comes to games. Depending on the factors you chose and your ratings, your performance in the matches will vary. The output will be a scorecard (and possibly commentary). You will be able to look through scorecards of the past, track your statistics, etc.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Madman said:
that sounds cool, so this will be a bit like New Star Soccer but about an Indian Cricketer instead.
I was going to suggest that other countries could be included but if you want it to be specifically about India then thats ok :)
I only say this because you would get players from all over the world playing that way and not just people from India.
This will definitely be what we are looking at for the future. We want to make sure that we have something concrete down, instead of trying to build our foundations on the clouds. :) Once we have the basic gameplay down and we play a season or two with real players to test it out, we will probably go about adding other countries.

Since the game does have an international scope (there will be international teams competing in the background, with teams squads selected by the administrators and people helping with the game), it would only be the next step to use the same model of gameplay and create instances of it for each country. So worry not!

manee

Chairman of Selectors
What do you guys think of my suggestion above...you seemed to hav overlooked it...

If its terrible, I dont mind you saying it

Manee

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
manee said:
What do you guys think of my suggestion above...you seemed to hav overlooked it...

If its terrible, I dont mind you saying it

Manee
Hi,

Sorry about that, I seemed to have missed the edit that you made.

With the Ganguly scenario, it sounds promising and we will definitely look at it and others you and others may have when we get around to planning and programming the gameplay. So keep it mind and you can even develop it further. :)

As for the player attributes, that is along the lines of what will happen. If you don't balance out your training, you will end up having stunted growth. For example, if you keep playing in the nets but don't do any cardiovascular exercises, you may play good knocks but get out early on in your innings, because you would lack the stamina to play a long innings.

And finally, for the exhaustive training mode taken from TCP, while it's great, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking so much from the developers of that game.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
And finally, for the exhaustive training mode taken from TCP, while it's great, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking so much from the developers of that game.

I proposed it for TCP, but it wasnt accepted because it is more suitable to a management game...like this.

Users who are viewing this thread