AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh

Both Tamil Nadu and Bengal absolutely smashing it.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Arunachal Pradesh, yes! Probably worse than East Africa tbh.

I read a tweet this morning that spoke of combining the NE States to bring more parity. Seems spot on tbh

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-22-12-25-18-94_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-22-12-25-18-94_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 7

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I read a tweet this morning that spoke of combining the NE States to bring more parity. Seems spot on tbh
I believe they compete in the plate group in the Ranji. So only one team - the winner of that group - plays against a stronger side. Jharkhand racked up 1200+ runs v Nagaland and only bowled them out once. That's partly down to the 1st innings lead being a tie-breaker, which can lead to teams playing, what I'd consider to be, negative cricket. If you only have to bat once to win, that rule is more likely to lead to record breaking rather than the strength of the opposition.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

You wanna break up the West Indies team because those islands are all different from each other but you wanna combine the NE states who are also… different from each other? :p

I disagree anyways, Assam are becoming a decent side especially with Parag in there. Some of the other sides have also managed some impressive results such as Meghalaya and Tripura. Uncompetitive results like these are bound to happen from time to time but without them these sides aren’t going to improve. Combining them does nothing useful for anyone other than a slightly more competitive side for now that will inevitably struggle in the long run to sustain interest in the individual states. Far better to keep them as it is. Jammu and Kashmir used to be similarly awful once and now have a decent pace attack and some promising talent. Himachal Pradesh are now fast becoming one of the best white ball teams in the system when they used to be nothing big once. Give them time and there’ll be far more beneficial results for every party.

Slightly off-topic but I don’t think the locals would take too kindly to a combined side anyway. One of the reasons why the North East ISL side has flopped despite the region being a hotbed for football is because they don’t represent any particular state and it has been difficult to identify with such a side.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
My 2 bits on Ruturaj- domestic giant who hasnt really made it big given the opportunities he has. Manish Pandey and Manoj Tiwary did far better in their limited chances than Rutu. Honestly do not see him playing longer for India.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My 2 bits on Ruturaj- domestic giant who hasnt really made it big given the opportunities he has. Manish Pandey and Manoj Tiwary did far better in their limited chances than Rutu. Honestly do not see him playing longer for India.

How dare Gaikwad not make it big in the ten sporadic games that he's been given!

Users who are viewing this thread