IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hopefully RCB will break the shackles and win it for the first time. But I still don't understand why they signed Kane Richardson. Someone like Josh Hazelwood would've been a better signing, imo. Their bowlers aren't that good, which might cost them the title yet again. I think the favourites are Mumbai Indians and Sunrisers Hyderabad.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
New logo of RCB for 2016 IPL...
200px-Royal_Challengers_Bangalore_Logo_2016.svg.png

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hopefully RCB will break the shackles and win it for the first time. But I still don't understand why they signed Kane Richardson. Someone like Josh Hazelwood would've been a better signing, imo. Their bowlers aren't that good, which might cost them the title yet again. I think the favourites are Mumbai Indians and Sunrisers Hyderabad.
He doesn't play IPL folk.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
This might be the last IPL for RCB. Because, RCB owner, Vijay Mallya is a wanted criminal for taking the loans from banks and not repaying them back. He has flew away to foriegn country in a fear of getting arrested. He has also stepped down as a Director (maybe different post) of RCB

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
This might be the last IPL for RCB. Because, RCB owner, Vijay Mallya is a wanted criminal for taking the loans from banks and not repaying them back. He has flew away to foriegn country in a fear of getting arrested. He has also stepped down as a Director (maybe different post) of RCB
Can't the same team be bought by someone else?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Can't the same team be bought by someone else?
There was a rumor that JSW steels are in talks with United Spirits Ltd(largest stake holder of RCB) for purchasing the team in the late June 2015. But the news was later denied.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
There was a rumor that JSW steels are in talks with United Spirits Ltd(largest stake holder of RCB) for purchasing the team in the late June 2015. But the news was later denied.
Maybe, it was just a rumour. ;)

Anyways, I was asking is it in the rules of the league for the same team to be purchased by another company, or stake holder, or whateverthehell it is.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

Anyways, I was asking is it in the rules of the league for the same team to be purchased by another company, or stake holder, or whateverthehell it is.
Deccan Chargers(renamed as SRH) was purchased by Sun Group. But the history says they debuted in IPL 5 and had the squad of DC as of IPL 4.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

If the other company/personal who is interested in purchasing the team for the same city which is not interested to continue its team operation in the league then it can be transfered. Just like Deccan Charges & Sun Risers Hydrabad did.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I am sure many people would be interest to buy the Bangalore team as they can make a lot of money. There will be many sponsorship for the team and our stadiums is always packed which is one of the source of income for the owners.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Anyone knows if Narine will play? My FC team will depend a lot on him.

Users who are viewing this thread