IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
So a fan is complaining that Rahane's strike rate is 'only' 165 while Dhoni is scoring at less then a run a ball...
You don't complain about god.[DOUBLEPOST=1461346171][/DOUBLEPOST]
Irfan Pathan.

IIRC, he got injured during last match?
Irfan does not need to be injured to be benched he just needs to be in Dhoni's team.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Atlast, the trend chain has been broken.
"Win the toss and choose to bowl first". Lol!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Rahane is a solid player in IPL and I have no issues with him playing for a team in IPL. However I still stand by my argument that when it comes to international T20's, Rahane should be preceded by other guys like Uthappa, Vijay. These two guys are way better at the top when it comes to getting the big shots in and taking control of the tempo seamlessly.

Pune look terrible. Won't be surprised if they end up with the wooden spoon this tournament. If that happens, would be a massive dent for Dhoni who has faced such ignonimy before in his IPL career.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Only two times team batting first have won in this IPL and it's RCB both the times :D

grkrama

National Board President
Rahane is a solid player in IPL and I have no issues with him playing for a team in IPL. However I still stand by my argument that when it comes to international T20's, Rahane should be preceded by other guys like Uthappa, Vijay. These two guys are way better at the top when it comes to getting the big shots in and taking control of the tempo seamlessly.

I think this comment in cricinfo sums up rahanae in t20, the guy is good to have may being the first 10 overs, but after that he is a pain, the key issue with rahanae is not his skill, but his solid belief that he is there only to take singles and put bad balls away, which may work in odi's but not in t20!

Danish: "As much as the solidity of Rahane at the crease, I'd rather he lose his wicket so we get Thisara in. 4-5 overs with him and Dhoni at the crease could seal the game for RPS."

The key thing is today both kohli and rahanae played with the same sort of strike rate, but kohli was livid with himself, while rahane would be more than satisfied!

Last edited:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
At 51 off 30 you should not a lose a T20 by 10 runs. :facepalm :mad

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Not sure if Delhi bowled well or our batsmen went over-protective during 10-16 ov. Whatever it might be, our batting seems to be creating new problems for itself.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Such a height of over-confidence. Bullshit batting :facepalm

I would like to see competitive teams in semis, Mumbai really doesnt deserve this time. Sad feeling for Krunal Pandya, the young lad :noway

GurpreetSingh08

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Not sure if Delhi bowled well or our batsmen went over-protective during 10-16 ov. Whatever it might be, our batting seems to be creating new problems for itself.
Poor batting. Pollard and Buttler were disgraceful. Rohit had to protect his wicket because the idiots at the other end (excluding Krunal Pandya) were batting poorly and getting out.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Said it before, say it again- MI problems are batting. FFS, I don't see the logic of Southee AND McCleneghan playing. I've not seen Parthiv Patel CONSISTENTLY perform at the top. Even if it's a flash in the pan, you want a flash that demolishes oppositions on their day. Can Parthiv do that? NO. Is there another WK that can take over? Yes, quite seamlessly. Their fascination with Pollard is also unreal. FFS, the guy is the highest paid foreigner. Yes, HIGHEST. More than a de Villiers and Gayle. The value? I'm sorry, he's no better that Corey Anderson and certainly not in the Buttler league.

The following would be my ideal MI line up-

Guptill :os:
R Sharma :c:
Rayudu
Buttler :wk: :os:
Anderson :os:
Pandya
Pandya
Harbhajan
McCleneghan :os:
R Vinay Kumar
Bumrah

Also, there's a Nathu Singh who can play for RVK.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Pune look terrible. Won't be surprised if they end up with the wooden spoon this tournament. If that happens, would be a massive dent for Dhoni who has faced such ignonimy before in his IPL career.

I'm shocked Dhoni said KP going might be a blessing in disguise. I feel it is like I've been saying all along. Dhoni should bat 4. M Marsh and Perera are good at 5 & 6. Unless, he decides to play Albie which I feel will be really sad.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why wouldn't he play Morkel? He's better then Marsh and Perera...

Users who are viewing this thread