Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Pietesen opts out of IPL2017

I think it was a smart move for KP because despite his good form he has realized that he would not be make it for long if he continues playing too much cricket at his age. IPL demands a whole lot of energy and every move is seen there so naturally Pietersen might have thought he might not be good enough now to continue playing IPL with all the cricket he has been playing in South Africa and Australia. His body might not take it anymore.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I doubt he would have been picked up by any side.
I think he'd definetely be better than Khawaja or Shaun Marsh. I don't really understand how you can make that assumption. Can you explain?

Fenil

I think he'd definetely be better than Khawaja or Shaun Marsh. I don't really understand how you can make that assumption. Can you explain?
I agree but Pietersen is aging and has been playing a lot of matches of late so he might have thought he would better stay away with IPL as too much cricket might break his body.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Franchises are very clever in the last 3-4 years they buy only those which are inform/available for full season or according to the team requirement.
KP would be available for the whole tournament, and he hasn't been in bad form by any means.

B

Bigby Wolf

KP would be available for the whole tournament, and he hasn't been in bad form by any means.
I agree but Pietersen is aging and has been playing a lot of matches of late so he might have thought he would better stay away with IPL as too much cricket might break his body.
This is the best answer for your KP availability .
Remember last years ipl? KP got injured after 5-6 matches was in good knick scored a couple of fifties and came into the tournament after a fantastic ram slam,bbl and even psl.
As Fenil said it is too much for KP at his age to play Ipl considering the hectic travel and matches.Also Ipl teams have a lot of current international players (unlike other leagues apart from west Indies players) so KP wouldn't have fit into any team combination.

Fenil

This is the best answer for your KP availability .
Remember last years ipl? KP got injured after 5-6 matches was in good knick scored a couple of fifties and came into the tournament after a fantastic ram slam,bbl and even psl.
As Fenil said it is too much for KP at his age to play Ipl considering the hectic travel and matches.Also Ipl teams have a lot of current international players (unlike other leagues apart from west Indies players) so KP wouldn't have fit into any team combination.
Well on current form, KP would fit in nicely to any IPL team but this body surely cannot take the load much anymore. Its his brittle body not his form that I guess would have encouraged him to take the decision.

B

Bigby Wolf

Well on current form, KP would fit in nicely to any IPL team but this body surely cannot take the load much anymore. Its his brittle body not his form that I guess would have encouraged him to take the decision.
Apart from RPS i don't think he would fit into any combination and with English players going under the hammer they would go for a Jason Roy or somebody like Stokes rather than KP.
And like i said earlier franchises comes up well prepared for the auctions KP would have hardly got picked.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Can you explain?

He hasn't really set the stage on fire in any of the IPL editions. He might have played a stellar one-two innings but I don't think the owners will be satisfied with that. In its nascent stage it was acceptable but after a decade, IPL has become more competitive.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
He hasn't really set the stage on fire in any of the IPL editions. He might have played a stellar one-two innings but I don't think the owners will be satisfied with that. In its nascent stage it was acceptable but after a decade, IPL has become more competitive.
Exactly. I was about to post this, but saw your message in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread