India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Drafting is very unfair on other teams unless there is a high price set, or else the 2 teams should bid for the players they draft.
A 2 way mini auction where the base price is around 14cr, 12, 9 each. That'll be great.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
So the existing teams can retain 4 players (3 Indians + 1 foreigner; OR; 2 Indians + 2 foreigners) while the two new teams can pick 3 players (2 Indians + 1 foreigner; OR; 1 Indian + 2 Foreigners) from the draft pool, which will include all players who are not retained by existing franchises.

I think the likes of KL Rahul and David Warner are all set to be picked by one of the two new franchises (if we believe in the rumor that Rahul wants to leave Punjab, and the strong possibility that Warner won't be retained by SRH, seeing the way Haddin hinted that dropping Warner wasn't a cricketing decision). I kinda wish that it was just 3 retentions for all teams (including the two new ones) instead of giving 4 for the existing teams. It is unfair on the two new teams, but I guess the two new teams won't worry about squad quality initially as they find a way to get their revenue stream going so that they focus on investment recuperation than actually winning trophies. Most IPL teams are like that, barring a few like MI/CSK/KKR who genuinely care about winning trophies. All the other ones are there to make up the numbers and probably happy every season if they see their revenues go up.

Waiting for Nov 30th to see the retentions. The next two months should be fun, what with this being mega auction year!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Been hearing rumours that KLR is likely to be picked up by the Goenkas for Lucknow- as a skipper. I would probably not have him play as a captain and would want to focus his energies on pure batting in this case.

Furthermore, news coming in from Delhi- Axar Patel has been retained. This certainly surprises me, as I though they would go in for Rabada. Anyhow, lets see how they fare later.

However, what really concerns me -is Twitter and SRH fans claiming that the franchisee has done away with Rashid Khan. I wouldn't put it past SRH to retain only Vijay Shankar and go into the auctions here :)

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
However, what really concerns me -is Twitter and SRH fans claiming that the franchisee has done away with Rashid Khan.
I think it could be that he doesn't want to sign with them anymore as I think Warner was much respected by the team.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Been hearing rumours that KLR is likely to be picked up by the Goenkas for Lucknow- as a skipper. I would probably not have him play as a captain and would want to focus his energies on pure batting in this case.

Furthermore, news coming in from Delhi- Axar Patel has been retained. This certainly surprises me, as I though they would go in for Rabada. Anyhow, lets see how they fare later.

However, what really concerns me -is Twitter and SRH fans claiming that the franchisee has done away with Rashid Khan. I wouldn't put it past SRH to retain only Vijay Shankar and go into the auctions here :)

The unofficial news says that Kane Williamson could be SRH's only retention. It seems Rashid Khan wants to retained as the No. 1 players, which will give him the highest retainer money. But SRH seems to want Kane in that spot. It would be an absolute disaster if SRH lose Rashid Khan! I know Rashid couldn't save SRH much last season, but if within a decent team, Rashid can cause serious damage to oppositions and take SRH significantly forward. And he can be a match winner with bat also.

Delhi has officially announced their retentions. I too was surprised to see them retain Axar ahead of Rabada. Guess the all-round skills played a part, but frankly how many games has Axar contributed significantly with bat? By the time he comes out, most of the work is done OR there is way too much work to be done. Losing Shreyas is a big thing acc to me, but well DC wants captains who have mighty strike rates and have the propensity to tear into bowling attacks (e.g. Pant, Shaw).

KLR's success as captain will depend on the team he gets. He is another Kohli as far as captaincy is concerned (only difference is the personality where KLR is 1000x quieter than Kohli). But then, IPL teams want an Indian captain who is also a big star player and KLR fits those boxes and he will captain despite his record/perceived skills.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Based on a lot of educated guesses/rumors from folks closer to the respective franchises, these could be the retentions for the 8 original teams (Note: Rashid seems to have issues in his negotiations with SRH and he might not be retained by SRH at all; and there is a strong rumor that Punjab might enter the mega auction with a clean slate with no retentions)

Delhi Capitals
Rishabh Pant
Prithvi Shaw
Axar Patel
Anrich Nortje

Chennai Super Kings
Ravindra Jadeja
Ruturaj Gaikwad
Moeen Ali
MS Dhoni

Royal Challengers Bangalore
Virat Kohli
Glenn Maxwell
Yuzvendra Chahal
Mohammed Siraj

Rajasthan Royals
Sanju Samson
Jos Buttler
Jofra Archer
Yashasvi Jaiswal/Kartik Tyagi

Mumbai Indians
Rohit Sharma
Jasprit Bumrah
Kieron Pollard
Ishan Kishan/Hardik Pandya

Kolkata Knight Riders
Sunil Narine
Shubman Gill
Varun Chakravarthy
Venkatesh Iyer/Rahul Tripathi/Andre Russell

Sunrisers Hyderabad
Kane Williamson
Rashid Khan

Kings XI Punjab
Mayank Agarwal
Ravi Bishnoi
Arshdeep Singh

---
From a CSK fan perspective, I am happy that they're thinking of Moeen Ali ahead of Faf Du Plessis. Moeen Ali has everything going for him and will be a hot pick at the auction if he enters it. With the IPL set to return to Chepauk, Moeen's off spin will be very useful. Also his big hitting prowess in the middle overs especially against spinners will work extremely well at Chepauk or otherwise. And he is 3 years younger than Faf, which gives him every bit of an advantage. I think CSK might get back Faf in the auction, considering Faf's age. I think Punjab might go hard on Faf (because Preity also enters into a collision course with CSK in the auction tables, even though she almost always has no cricketing logic behind what she does) but Faf at his age and career stage won't draw a massive bidding war. Even if CSK lose Faf, its not the end of the world for them.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Based on a lot of educated guesses/rumors from folks closer to the respective franchises, these could be the retentions for the 8 original teams (Note: Rashid seems to have issues in his negotiations with SRH and he might not be retained by SRH at all; and there is a strong rumor that Punjab might enter the mega auction with a clean slate with no retentions)

Delhi Capitals
Rishabh Pant
Prithvi Shaw
Axar Patel
Anrich Nortje

Chennai Super Kings
Ravindra Jadeja
Ruturaj Gaikwad
Moeen Ali
MS Dhoni

Royal Challengers Bangalore
Virat Kohli
Glenn Maxwell
Yuzvendra Chahal
Mohammed Siraj

Rajasthan Royals
Sanju Samson
Jos Buttler
Jofra Archer
Yashasvi Jaiswal/Kartik Tyagi

Mumbai Indians
Rohit Sharma
Jasprit Bumrah
Kieron Pollard
Ishan Kishan/Hardik Pandya

Kolkata Knight Riders
Sunil Narine
Shubman Gill
Varun Chakravarthy
Venkatesh Iyer/Rahul Tripathi/Andre Russell

Sunrisers Hyderabad
Kane Williamson
Rashid Khan

Kings XI Punjab
Mayank Agarwal
Ravi Bishnoi
Arshdeep Singh

---
From a CSK fan perspective, I am happy that they're thinking of Moeen Ali ahead of Faf Du Plessis. Moeen Ali has everything going for him and will be a hot pick at the auction if he enters it. With the IPL set to return to Chepauk, Moeen's off spin will be very useful. Also his big hitting prowess in the middle overs especially against spinners will work extremely well at Chepauk or otherwise. And he is 3 years younger than Faf, which gives him every bit of an advantage. I think CSK might get back Faf in the auction, considering Faf's age. I think Punjab might go hard on Faf (because Preity also enters into a collision course with CSK in the auction tables, even though she almost always has no cricketing logic behind what she does) but Faf at his age and career stage won't draw a massive bidding war. Even if CSK lose Faf, its not the end of the world for them.
I have heard that Punjab will start fresh once again. They are not going to retain anyone. Also KKR likely to retain Russel, Narine for sure and will think on other two. Like I get it but Russel is injury prone and Narine is past his prime. Should have retained 3 Indians and Narine or Russel

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Chennai Super Kings: Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Moeen Ali.
Kolkata Knight Riders: Sunil Narine, Andre Russell, Varun Chakravarthy, Venkatesh Iyer
Sunrisers Hyderabad: Kane Williamson
Mumbai Indians: Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah
Royal Challengers Bangalore: Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell
Delhi Capitals: Rishabh Pant, Prithvi Shaw, Axar Patel, Anrich Nortje
Rajasthan Royals: Sanju Samson

Shocking that we wont retain Gill.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
KL and Gill should open for Lucknow. Warner should be picked by Ahmedabad. He loves hospitality and he will be king if joins Ahmedabad.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Chennai Super Kings: Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Moeen Ali.
Kolkata Knight Riders: Sunil Narine, Andre Russell, Varun Chakravarthy, Venkatesh Iyer
Sunrisers Hyderabad: Kane Williamson
Mumbai Indians: Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah
Royal Challengers Bangalore: Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell
Delhi Capitals: Rishabh Pant, Prithvi Shaw, Axar Patel, Anrich Nortje
Rajasthan Royals: Sanju Samson

Shocking that we wont retain Gill.

It is a big surprise that KKR is not retaining Gill. A few seasons back, BAZ mentioned about including Gill in the KKR leadership group. Suddenly Gill has become dispensable? Maybe they are looking to get back Morgan and continue with him as captain. Also I am sure Mumbai will use the full 4 retention slots. Also heard that Rajasthan will retain Buttler and Archer too. This above list is not the final one. We'll know the final one tomorrow!

Also rumors starting to swirl that KL Rahul and Rashid Khan could be in trouble for negotiating deals with the new franchises (esp. Lucknow) and risk suspension/ban for a year. This happened with Ravindra Jadeja in 2009-10 when he tried to leave Rajasthan before he was let go officially. Interesting to see how BCCI responds on this.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
If indeed what cricinfo has is true and confirmed, feel really bad for Gill. It would be similar to the mistake we committed earlier and let SKY go. If this franchise gets Morgan back, they would lose a supporter in me. Morgan would make no sense as he is not a performer. Captaincy alone only works when you MSD stature. Oh and MSD's keeping is still top class.

Users who are viewing this thread