Indian Premier League - General Discussion

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What are the options of streaming IPL this year? Disney+ Hotstar is the only way out?

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
What are the options of streaming IPL this year? Disney+ Hotstar is the only way out?
Yup... Don't know whether Jio is providing free streaming to its customers or not...

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Yup... Don't know whether Jio is providing free streaming to its customers or not...
That's sad. I'm not buying another subscription now, neither do I have Jio. Guess will have to make do with highlights.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Disney+ Hotstar is offering VIP subscription for 399 bucks for the year, which covers IPL - Totally worth it IMO (besides you get Disney+ movies/shows, as well as EPL, F1, etc if these interest you). Plus Jio/Airtel are having some offers as well in partnership with D+Hotstar

We totally got rid of Tata Sky and just spend $$ on subscriptions to Netflix, Prime and Hotstar. Never-ending quality content

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Disney+ Hotstar is offering VIP subscription for 399 bucks for the year, which covers IPL - Totally worth it IMO (besides you get Disney+ movies/shows, as well as EPL, F1, etc if these interest you). Plus Jio/Airtel are having some offers as well in partnership with D+Hotstar

We totally got rid of Tata Sky and just spend $$ on subscriptions to Netflix, Prime and Hotstar. Never-ending quality content

With next IPL being planned sometime within 12 months from now, I guess its worth to buy VIP Subscription.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Disney+ Hotstar is offering VIP subscription for 399 bucks for the year
Yes, that's dirt cheap. Not a fan of having multiple subscriptions though. At this rate, I'll be dealing with 10 accounts in no time.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
besides you get Disney+ movies/shows
Those are available only on Disney+ premium which is at 1500 per year...

Yes, that's dirt cheap. Not a fan of having multiple subscriptions though. At this rate, I'll be dealing with 10 accounts in no time.
Too bad you don't have a Jio sim... I got a free Hotstar VIP subscription, by recharging my JioFi :p

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Those are available only on Disney+ premium which is at 1500 per year...

I think you will get Disney movies and shows i.e. marvel + pixar + disney animated etc. but not the disney+ original shows that are coming

upload_2020-9-18_16-23-1.png

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
With next IPL being planned sometime within 12 months from now, I guess its worth to buy VIP Subscription.

Yeah, true that. I have Netflix, Prime and Hotstar premium, and my usage of hotstar way more than the other two since they have sports, live news and most importantly all the HBO shows

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Disney+ Hotstar is offering VIP subscription for 399 bucks
I got VIP for 365 bucks in November last year. Also got Amazon Prime at 499 (youth offer). But haven't got Netflix since I don't get that much time to watch 3 OTTs and subscribing them is a waste of money. Now I'm using 100% of Prime & Hotstar. :)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The butterflies are real and huge! I mean, even in normal times I'd get excited about this, but the situation right now is so extraordinary that I am literally counting hours (not minutes yet coz I am often distracted by work). Even with no crowds, hope this IPL is a big hit. And for the sake of balance, I hope the likes of RCB and DC have a very good IPL. I actually won't mind it if CSK don't qualify for the playoffs. This year, I am hopefully watching every single game (I used to watch all CSK games live and follow highlights of others; but this year I want to watch it all). Our brains desperately need a break and what best way than to watch IPL for 2 months to forget worries, even if temporarily.

BRING IT ON!!!

Do we know for sure the IPL will take place in March/April? I like how the whole world has convinced themselves that this pandemic is nearing the end just because lockdowns are lifted and people are fed up. Mark my words, the worst has yet to hit us. When it comes to life, sport is a very small part of it.

This conversation changes complexion when we start looking at an IPL around the same time next year?

I think the decision to postpone the mega auction is a very hasty one. We are in a situation where the goalpost is continuously moving. A lot of teams are doing poorly in the IPL and another year of languishing for bread crumbs and losing sponsors is not good for the health of the franchises image or reputation. The entire world is working on their computers and it's bananas to think an auction can't be done even if the IPL is in March.

I agree with this. Return to normalcy is going to take quite a bit of time and honestly it will easily take till the end of 2021 for things to return to a place where people can go out 'mask free'. It makes no sense to think that hosting IPL 2021 in March/April is really feasible. If they were smart enough, they would schedule IPL 2021 around this same time next year, have a mega auction before IPL 2021 so that the squads are refreshed for another 3-year cycle and then have IPL 2022 in March/April.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The butterflies are real and huge! I mean, even in normal times I'd get excited about this, but the situation right now is so extraordinary that I am literally counting hours (not minutes yet coz I am often distracted by work). Even with no crowds, hope this IPL is a big hit. And for the sake of balance, I hope the likes of RCB and DC have a very good IPL. I actually won't mind it if CSK don't qualify for the playoffs. This year, I am hopefully watching every single game (I used to watch all CSK games live and follow highlights of others; but this year I want to watch it all). Our brains desperately need a break and what best way than to watch IPL for 2 months to forget worries, even if temporarily.

Yeah man .. WFH has gone for a toss since last couple of days. I dont think I have been this excited for IPL in quite a while - all thanks to being so Indian cricket starved for 6+ months. Been watching highlights and devouring all IPL related articles on cricinfo, cricbuzz, etc. Even ended up making a fantasy team which I havent done in I dont know how long. And since that wasnt enough either, started watching the Mumbai Indians documentary on Netflix. (Do we have similar docu's for other teams as well - KKR, CSK? )

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah man .. WFH has gone for a toss since last couple of days. I dont think I have been this excited for IPL in quite a while - all thanks to being so Indian cricket starved for 6+ months. Been watching highlights and devouring all IPL related articles on cricinfo, cricbuzz, etc. Even ended up making a fantasy team which I havent done in I dont know how long. And since that wasnt enough either, started watching the Mumbai Indians documentary on Netflix. (Do we have similar docu's for other teams as well - KKR, CSK? )
CSK has one on Hotstar I think...

Users who are viewing this thread