Indian Premier League - General Discussion

B

Bigby Wolf

Can't see a winner other than CSK to be honest.

Maybe KKR can challenge them but the rest two are just perennial chokers and will once again succumb under the pressure of finals.
Well KKR did try their very best to get into the elite chokers group.

So CSK vs KKR in the finals.

Prediction - DK will play a blinder in the final but will it be enough?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So DC it is for the finals! Well played! Deserved to win!
Sure looks like it

Rahulllll Triphatiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! Making KKR great again!!!
Oh my...you must be might pleased now, right? KKR are into the final

Congrats CSK on winning the finals :p
Or maybe not :p

The match - for a second I thought it was a TPCL - attempts made to get as close of a result as one possibly can :p

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Can't believe what I've seen there.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
CSK's record in finals: 8 attempts; won 3, lost 5; success %: 38
KKR's record in finals: 2 attempts; won 2, lost 0; success %: 100
CSK vs KKR record in finals: 1 attempt; won by KKR (2012)

Stats tilt it in favor of KKR! And form and team composition also on their side.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
CSK's record in finals: 8 attempts; won 3, lost 5; success %: 38
KKR's record in finals: 2 attempts; won 2, lost 0; success %: 100
CSK vs KKR record in finals: 1 attempt; won by KKR (2012)

Stats tilt it in favor of KKR! And form and team composition also on their side.
But the sample size isn't enough though, as we're not a having a new winner, I'd rather want CSK winning...

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
But the sample size isn't enough though, as we're not a having a new winner, I'd rather want CSK winning...
Your hatred for KKR is bigger it seems :p Next year lets definitely have a new winner please! DC or RCCB

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Your hatred for KKR is bigger it seems :p Next year lets definitely have a new winner please! DC or RCCB
Actually, there's a huge connection as there are a lot of people in my area blindly worshipping the team for an actor plus I didn't like GG either so it has stayed like I hate the team very much... Nothing against its fans, but idk why but I am just unable to have some positives for them... Anyways, good luck to you, hope that you are happy at the end of the tournament, we all will be happy if MS signs off with a trophy though.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Actually, there's a huge connection as there are a lot of people in my area blindly worshipping the team for an actor plus I didn't like GG either so it has stayed like I hate the team very much... Nothing against its fans, but idk why but I am just unable to have some positives for them... Anyways, good luck to you, hope that you are happy at the end of the tournament, we all will be happy if MS signs off with a trophy though.
My story as I have shared previously stems from loving Dada. Yes the actor behind the team is someone who I admired when I was younger. When GG took over, I was still happy as I liked him as a batsman and a leader. His off field nature is something I personally do not care like I do not care for any players or actors or leaders on what they do in their personal time. Plus being born in Mumbai and having attended so many Mumbai Indians games up until 2012, I had two teams.

I always love CSK but when Dhoni was leading India, I knew CSK would flourish under him. I was like I already support that chap in Indian jersey and have always done that, its time I follow someone else. I was a huge VK admirer but never liked his captaincy 1 bit so never supported RCB... DC, SRH/Chargers/RR/KXIP all had no connection with me whatsoever. The only time I might have supported KXIP was for Yuvi. I feel lucky to feel the connection with two teams in IPL in KKR and MI but KKR just edges out a little. Have gone through a lot with that team. First three seasons were brutal and the moment Gauti took over first play offs then champions in the next season.

On a different topic looking at the stats, DC and RCB are the only two teams who have qualified for the playsoffs half the time and not yet won a trophy. Hopefully one of them win next year.

TeamQualified For PlayoffsWon the titleRatio
Mumbai9 out of 13 seasons555.55%
CSK11 out of 12 seasons*3*30% (not counting this season yet)
KKR7 out of 13 seasons*2*33.33 (not counting this season yet)
RCB7 out of 13 seasons00%
SRH6 out of 9 seasons116.67%
DC6 out of 13 seasons00%
Rajasthan Royals4 out of 13 seasons125%
KXIP2 out of 13 seasons00%

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
My story as I have shared previously stems from loving Dada. Yes the actor behind the team is someone who I admired when I was younger. When GG took over, I was still happy as I liked him as a batsman and a leader. His off field nature is something I personally do not care like I do not care for any players or actors or leaders on what they do in their personal time. Plus being born in Mumbai and having attended so many Mumbai Indians games up until 2012, I had two teams.

I always love CSK but when Dhoni was leading India, I knew CSK would flourish under him. I was like I already support that chap in Indian jersey and have always done that, its time I follow someone else. I was a huge VK admirer but never liked his captaincy 1 bit so never supported RCB... DC, SRH/Chargers/RR/KXIP all had no connection with me whatsoever. The only time I might have supported KXIP was for Yuvi. I feel lucky to feel the connection with two teams in IPL in KKR and MI but KKR just edges out a little. Have gone through a lot with that team. First three seasons were brutal and the moment Gauti took over first play offs then champions in the next season.

On a different topic looking at the stats, DC and RCB are the only two teams who have qualified for the playsoffs half the time and not yet won a trophy. Hopefully one of them win next year.

TeamQualified For PlayoffsWon the titleRatio
Mumbai9 out of 13 seasons555.55%
CSK11 out of 12 seasons*3*30% (not counting this season yet)
KKR7 out of 13 seasons*2*33.33 (not counting this season yet)
RCB7 out of 13 seasons00%
SRH6 out of 9 seasons116.67%
DC6 out of 13 seasons00%
Rajasthan Royals4 out of 13 seasons125%
KXIP2 out of 13 seasons00%

I think CSK and RR have played only 11 seasons till date (not including IPL 2021). How do you get 12 seasons for CSK while 13 seasons for Rajasthan Royals? All the above teams have played 13 seasons (again, not including IPL 2021).

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
So KKR are IPL 2021 champions! Quite a turn around. Most useless cricketer will lift the most premiere league trophy.

Users who are viewing this thread