Indian Premier League - General Discussion

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is probably the biggest total in an IPL final, I don’t see how we chase this given how downbeat the team was throughout the first innings.

It takes 15-20 minutes of brilliance/stupidity in a T20 game for the mood to change. I will never forget the Raina innings where he made 80-90 in the PP and a game which looked done and dusted suddenly came alive. CSK then went on to lose it with some stupidity.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Unfortunately not.

It does look like we might see a bit of drizzle unless the wind sways the clouds away.

If the overs does curtail though, CSK would have an advantage as they would have lesser overs to keep hitting at a certain rate (it's tougher to keep hitting for longer time) plus spinners would have a hard time gripping the ball.

Let's hope raingods spare the city today and whichever team wins, wins without compromising the playing conditions.

Good thing we had some mid match masala to waste more time then.

I swear cricket is the one sport that keeps shooting itself in the foot everytime possible.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Drizzling here now (only drops; not too hard). Should expect in the stadium in few mins

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I really hope CSK play Moeen Ali ahead of Rayudu. They have wasted him quite a bit this year.

Bevab

Staff Member
Not cricket. INDIAN cricket.

Eh, I’ve seen match officials take everyone off for lunch when the run chase was down to single digits in both tests and an ODI, not to mention the countless occasions when we’ve not had early starts in test cricket to compensate for potential rain or the time wasted for inspections and regulations that don’t allow for quicker processes to streamline them all. Indian cricket’s biggest sin is just turning a short format into an ad infested slugfest and I doubt the majority care.

Bevab

Staff Member
I have no idea why they didn’t bowl for a minute or so.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I have been saying it for so long now- White ball marquee tournaments have to have a roof.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Screenshot_20230529_215749.jpgScreenshot_20230529_215749.jpg
These DLS scores are so unfair on the bowlers and that with the fielding restrictions on when their team has scored 214.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
DLS score is different to a truncated game in my cricket experience. If the match is shortened to a decisive 5-6 overs, the total will not be 40-45. It'll be well above 60. Two different things.
Post automatically merged:

Regardless. T20 is a truncated format in the first place. No way to decide an IPL final.

Users who are viewing this thread