NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Jadeja tweaking Jadeja... he lost this game for CSK along with Vijay's poor decision.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Exactly the reason being a die hard Dhoni fan, exactly! What a knock, what a brilliant knock when he was down and out! Well played, MS! Only if Bravo came in instead of Jadeja, stupid management decision that.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
MSD! You beauty! Feel for him though. A better feeling to see CSK lose. :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Well done Punjab on a deserving win! The luck had to stop some day and I am actually happy that the luck has deserted CSK much earlier in the tournament. I wonder why Dhoni refused that second run for Bravo off the first ball of the 20th over. Bravo with his fitness and form was in much better shape to do the impossible. Dhoni almost did it, but he could have trusted Bravo after having done most of the turnaround himself. Certain smart decisions will make all the difference.

Hope Dhoni revives himself. If he has to miss a game, so be it. Today he showed he still very much has the game to knock teams off in the end

Trust in Mohit Sharma csk fans he will win for you.

Mohit is no Vinay Kumar. Also, Mohit is a former CSK'ian and has bowled really well for CSK in the death many a time.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Dhoni played a fabulous inning even though he was injured.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I wonder why Dhoni refused that second run for Bravo off the first ball of the 20th over. Bravo with his fitness and form was in much better shape to do the impossible. Dhoni almost did it, but he could have trusted Bravo after having done most of the turnaround himself. Certain smart decisions will make all the difference.
He was unable to run fast. Otherwise, in the 18th over itself, he would have taken doubles instead of singles.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
He was unable to run fast. Otherwise, in the 18th over itself, he would have taken doubles instead of singles.

No. Even with that injured back, he was running two's with quite a bit of ease. He has some super strong legs, man!

This defeat doesn't feel as bad considering the lessons that CSK can learn from it! Also good news is Raina mentioned that he is likely to be fit for the next game itself (initially it was said that he will miss out for 2 games). If that's the case, Dhoni could maybe take a break to give that back more rest and let Raina or Rayudu captain the side. And Willey should be available for the next game.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Almost!
Those were some good wide yorkers if he would have gone for that typical back of the hand slower ball then ....

Mohit was actually brilliant in that last over. Knowing that MSD's scratchy zone is outside off and also knowing that MSD cannot stretch his injured back too much by reaching out to deliveries outside off, Mohit bowled the first 6 balls (including that wide) to the gun and sucked Dhoni's power off. Only when it was known that CSK cannot win it anymore, did he bowl it in Dhoni's zone and was promptly dispatched for a six. It was a brilliant over even though he gave 13 runs in it.

B

Bigby Wolf

Mohit was actually brilliant in that last over. Knowing that MSD's scratchy zone is outside off and also knowing that MSD cannot stretch his injured back too much by reaching out to deliveries outside off, Mohit bowled the first 6 balls (including that wide) to the gun and sucked Dhoni's power off. Only when it was known that CSK cannot win it anymore, did he bowl it in Dhoni's zone and was promptly dispatched for a six. It was a brilliant over even though he gave 13 runs in it.
Yeah learned from his mistake in the last over where he conceded 19 and bought CSK back into the the game and the deliveries that went for the biggies were those back of the hand slower ones.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Jadeja is proving to be a liability. He did not even get to bowl today (wonder why?) and his batting is leaving a lot to be desired. And because of Dhoni/Fleming's desire to keep the best hitters close to the end, they seem to prefer Jadeja to come out before Bravo so that they can keep Bravo in the shed as close to the end as possible. Seriously Chennai think tank need to revamp their thought process and align it with the age/fitness of their players. As it is, the team is very injury prone and already the captain is saying in his interviews that "we are not a great fielding team because of the old legs but we will try to be a smart fielding team"

Chennai are going to be in serious trouble next year when these players turn another year older. And its not easy to swap players between seasons because many sides wouldn't want to let go of good players. In all 3 games played so far, Chennai have displayed the most amount of mediocrity and they got away with it 2 times out of 3 due to some extraordinary luck that helped certain individual performances.

Sanju Samson! What a talent! So pleasing to watch when gets going reminds me of Mahela Jayawardene + has a bit of calypso flair in his batting.

I seriously don't understand why Rishabh Pant has bigger hype on him than Sanju Samson. Even in the last IPL, Sanju Samson was very good with the bat and even scored a century. This IPL, he has been absolutely superb in all the games he has played so far. He has the ability to get going right from the word set and unlike Rishabh Pant, Sanju Samson doesn't look very ugly in executing his shots (Rishabh Pant, to me, looks pretty ugly most of the times when he is trying to execute his big hits). For me, even Ishan Kishan looks a better bet than Rishabh Pant with clean hits and a better looking technique. I seem to have lost much of interest in Pant.

According to me, Sanju Samson should be in the ladder right after Dinesh Karthik, who is the next best contender to replace MS Dhoni in the Indian side. Samson is so good with his technique and hitting that I would even play him as a pure batsman along with Karthik.

Last edited:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So, looks like Jadeja has Dhoni's backing and will continue to bat higher up the order than Bravo. It feels like Dhoni is unsure if he should accept that he made a mistake and is trying to justify his decision.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If I'm not wrong the last time MS Dhoni couldn't finish the match was the 2nd or 3rd T20i vs Zimbabwe, and the bowler did bowl the wide yorkers.

Nonetheless it was a fantastic innings.

Users who are viewing this thread