Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Bhumi

Club Captain
KW not give 4th over to Bhuvi yesterday backfire as SRH lost close game by 4 runs[DOUBLEPOST=1524453633][/DOUBLEPOST]Archer's 3 wicket in one over on debut & once again MI lost games in last iover.MI need to reshuffle their middle order

Bhumi

Club Captain
http://indianexpress.com/article/sp...league-orange-cap-ipl-2018-most-runs-5143676/

Sanju Samson (RR) 6 239 92*
Virat Kohli (RCB) 5 231 92*
Kane Williamson (SRH) 5 230 84
Chris Gayle (KXIP) 3 229 104*
Rishabh Pant (DD) 5 223 85
KL Rahul (KXIP) 5 213 60
AB de Villiers (RCB) 5 212 90*
Ambati Rayudu (CSK) 5 201 79
Suryakumar Yadav (MI) 5 196 72
Dinesh Karthik (KKR) 6 194 43

http://www.dnaindia.com/cricket/rep...-indian-premier-league-after-match-19-2607455

1 Sunil Narine Kolkata Knight Riders 6 8 6.95
2 Mayank Markande Mumbai Indians 4 8 7.53
3 Umesh Yadav Royal Challengers Bangalore 5 8 8.60
4 Chris Woakes Royal Challengers Bangalore 5 8 10.36
5 Andre Tye Kings XI Punjab 5 7 8.25
6 Trent Boult Delhi Daredevils 5 7 8.55
7 Siddharth Kaul Sunrisers Hyderabad 4 6 7.25
8 Shane Watson Chennai Super Kings 4 6 7.38
9 Rahul Tewatia Delhi Daredevils 5 6 7.39
10 Kuldeep Yadav Kolkata Knight Riders 6 6 8.24

Gayle only having played 3 games is of course the dominant batting force of this IPL thus far. But Rahul is providing a talking point for Indian cricket given his runs are at the top of the order, and at a fantastic SR.

Narine again leads the bowlers, but look at the all round contributions of Shane Watson.

Talking point of the bowlers for me is Rashid Khan being smashed in two games in a row now. Are batsmen going to continue to take him on? Mujeeb is flying under the radar by not taking wickets, but don't think that the cricketing world outside IPL commentators is not watching this 17yo phenom bowling many cheap overs in this year's IPL. He is going for 7.05 runs per over, with 4 wickets, only bettered by Narine in the table above for economy.

From a Kiwi perspective:
While I am pleased KW is establishing his name further in India, I want to see him make winning runs at a high SR, and not just a lot of losing runs or easy assumulations in easy wins. Boult is playing standout cricket for a weak team. It would be good to see Adam Milne get a chance for MI soon instead of McClenaghan who is leaking runs.

From an Afghan perspective:
While Khan is going for runs of late, his class is still established. Nabi's is too even if on the SRH bench. And now Mujeeb is starring. Afghanistan now has 3 high quality limited overs spinners. There is no denying this fact. With their wicketkeeper and batting star Muhammad Shazhad, they have 4 world beaters. But where are their batting and seam bowling stars? They really ought to send seamers Zadran and Naib along with batsman Rahmat Shah to county cricket for development to continue their fast tracking up the global cricket ranks (which saw them beat WI in the WC qualifiers ahead of ZImbabwe)

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Love the way Gowtham played with so much confidence yesterday.
I'll prefer a confident player anyday rather than a skillful player who is always nervous about performing on a big stage in a difficult situation
The way he refused that single in the last over to Unadkat
One could sense that he was gonna go for a six
And for MI it looks like nerves are getting the better of players everytime the match gets in the final few overs
If they keep thinking that its just bad luck then I'm afraid MI are not going very far in this edition of ipl

Gopal123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Nepal
+1. But don't think we could get something out of him. What we needed is the RTM on Buttler and not Pollard. Imagine Buttler and Lewis opening, followed by Kishan, Surya, Ro, Pandyas!

My lineup vs SRH:

Surya
Lewis
Ishan
Rohit
Pandya
Pandya
Cutting
Mc/Milne
Markande
Bumrah
Fizz/Milne
I think hardik should come at 3 and kishan at 5. Hardik is wasted in 7.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Mumbai this season are like that student who would attain every lecture, study hard but screw it up at the exams. Oppositely, CSK are like that student who would study just the night before exam and still top.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
The key for Mumbai is to let likes of Rohit, Krunal and Pollard face as many balls as possible because they know how to capitalize innings at the death once they get settled. Lewis, Surya and Kishan are just like Jos and Patel last year, they provide excellent starts but blow it away altogether at the mid stage of the innings. That puts so much pressure on Rohit, Hardik and Pollard who tend to start slow and later spread fire on opposition's bowlers. It's hard to get going for incoming batsmen on a difficult pitch with few overs left yet having so much to do and having just lost both the set players in short span. That's why Rohit needs either to open or to bat at 3. He turns a monster once he spends some time at the crease. But being asked to bat at 4th or 5th isn't going to help him or his side.
Also can't complain much about bowlers despite not being able to defend from winning positions because they have made match out of every game in the first place. I'd like to praise the way MI bowlers put pressure back on opponents while defending as they don't leak too many runs during powerplay while this season has been all about good openings with the bat.
MI just need to concentrate on finishing well both with bat and ball. They've played really good cricket. Their NRR is positive despite losing 4 out of 5 games and it only reflects the good cricket they've played over the days. Although right now they seem like that footballer who would dribble past 4/5 defenders all alone and yet fail to hit the goal. That needs to change in their case and I hope then they would still stand a chance in this competition.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
It might be time for MI to move Pollard on. He's becoming more of a hindrance than help. Rohit Sharma should compulsorily be playing at number 4 and who knows, maybe even Pandya can play a slogger/builder hybrid role at number 5. As for RR, it is imperative that they maintain confidence in Short. I he gains even a bit of confidence and acclimatises well, he will destroy the league. Players like him should be persisted with. He has been very unlucky. DD won't take a single step forward if they don't believe in Morris and KXIP should continue doing what they're doing now.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Very happy to see Sanju Samson and KL Rahul lead the batting charts this IPL among Indian batsmen (Samson is the orange cap holder till now). Both these guys are very experienced in domestic cricket and have been on the fringes of national selection for a long time now (KL Rahul has been playing for India on and off in limited overs, and is a more permanent part in tests). And both of them possess a strong technique (which I dont think is overrated in cricket; its proving more and more to be a blessing to have a strong technique).

Hope they can knock harder on the national selection doors if they keep up their current intensity.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its time for Yuvi to let go and retire. He has been in awful form with no whatsoever improvement in sight. I am pretty sure his career with the blue shirt is over as well.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
High time for to look over Pollard, bring in Cutting and also how can we forget the Fizz! Would like to see Adam Milne bowl the 150s in Patty's absence.

Users who are viewing this thread