ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Our bowling, especially Kaul and Bhuvi, have been lacklusture in the past few matches. We quickly need to get that right, if we wish to win this time.

On the other hand, where are those who thought SRH would not stand a chance without Warner. Imagine how strong this side would have been with David.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Our bowling, especially Kaul and Bhuvi, have been lacklusture in the past few matches. We quickly need to get that right, if we wish to win this time.

On the other hand, where are those who thought SRH would not stand a chance without Warner. Imagine how strong this side would have been with David.

Luckily I wasn't one of them. Right from the day of the auction it has looked the best team. Even without Warner, you see the balance. For me, in 2016 itself SRH changed the mindset. You need bowlers and lots of them to win tournaments.

I personally think SRH just did poorly with the WK/BAT option. I'm still thinking what could have been had they got Buttler.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know you're a MI fan but I'm just telling you my opinion. Buttler plays international cricket all over the world and is a far better all round batsman than that hippo. MI have a huge talent for unearthing bright young India talent but boy do they pamper some of their staff and internationals. There was no sound reason for retaining Pollard and no reason whatsoever of having Malinga in the set up. Malinga hardly speaks anything but Sinhalese. Plus, Bumrah has already had all his wisdom extracted.
Pure sarcasm man! I am shouting from the day of retention that Buttler's gotta stay! Now RR won't leave him. :/

My XI for the next game:

Lewis
Surya
Rohit
Ishan
Hardik
Krunal
Cutting
Milne
Mc/Fizz
Rahul
Bumrah

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Luckily I wasn't one of them. Right from the day of the auction it has looked the best team. Even without Warner, you see the balance. For me, in 2016 itself SRH changed the mindset. You need bowlers and lots of them to win tournaments.

I personally think SRH just did poorly with the WK/BAT option. I'm still thinking what could have been had they got Buttler.
Even if we leave Buttler, Bairstow was there, and so was Ronchi and Shahzad.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Pure sarcasm man! I am shouting from the day of retention that Buttler's gotta stay! Now RR won't leave him. :/

My XI for the next game:

Lewis
Surya
Rohit
Ishan
Hardik
Krunal
Cutting
Milne
Mc/Fizz
Rahul
Bumrah

MI have played scared cricket this year. I completely supported the move of Rohit in the middle order in earlier years because their local batting was a bit dodgy. Now, he should certainly open because 1)Surya can bat anywhere and he knows one way to bat i.e busy and b) They have a ton of batting in the middle in terms of local talent.

MI need a good batsman of international quality who can finish innings for next year to replace the hungry hippo. What irony they let Buttler go!

Gopal123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Nepal
MI next match lineup:]
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard

B

Bigby Wolf

MI next match lineup:]
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
Pollard
DbkNY73V4AAQcld.jpg

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Personally, I wouldn't be too worried about the bowling too much for now. In the last two games, two individuals toyed around with the attack. We were once in a good position in the DD game, but in the last ten overs it was the Pant Show. No one could stop, it was his day. Yesterday CSK batted exceptionally well at the top and that ensured SRH couldn't make any last minute nail biter finishes. Rayudu's knock was amazing to watch. Have to give credit to the opposition when it's due.

Hopefully the bowlers will do better in the next few games.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Looking at KXI twitter, everyone wants yuvi to play. Do they not realize that he doesn't deserve a place in the playing XI. He has done absolutely nothing and has soaked up a lot of dot balls. Someone like Manzoor Dar needs a chance

Ohm

User Title Purchaser

My XI for the next game:

Lewis
Surya
Rohit
Ishan
Hardik
Krunal
Cutting
Milne
Mc/Fizz
Rahul
Bumrah

That's the lineup I'd go for too. Markande's brain is easily picked by everyone now. Milne is too good to warm bench for a wasted slot of 8th batsman. Could do better than his past with the help of coach Bond, like rest of our fast bowlers have done so far.

We have been a good side since the beginning whose middle order can be fragiled with a little shower of slower balls. Need to sort it out before anything else goes wrong.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
This is a collapse of unreal proportions for Punjab. The pitch and conditions are not even close to being tough and they are imploding here.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Lol Punjab are not gonna make the playoffs I feel. RR and RCB are winning at crucial times and may not be a surprise if these 2 teams go through.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Yes. It looks like many people are starting to think that Punjab is not going to make the playoffs. They've won just 1 out of their last 6 and they face up to MI and CSK and both games are away games. And today's defeat is going to sink their NRR badly.

This result makes KKR, RR, MI and RCB interested and in the race. There is a possibility that 5 teams could end up on 14 pts and fight for 2 spots in the playoffs.

RCB jump from -0.261 to +0.22. They are the second healthiest in NRR behind MI. KXIP fall from -0.056 to -0.52. They are last behind KKR and RR.

Users who are viewing this thread