Indian Premier League - General Discussion

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I was getting tremendous heat for calling KXIP crap earlier but their season is a template of RCB seasons of the past minus two foreign bowlers doing amazingly well.

The moment you pick Gayle in the auctions, every game you don’t play him you’re being put in the spotlight and constantly asked if you will play him specially if you’re losing. Once you play him he has to open, he can’t run or field and he goes about his own pace 90% of the times. As a result, Punjab had to look for a place to bat for Agarwal. They gave him Nair’s spot and gave him someone else’s. In a couple of games time nobody among the batters bar Gayle and Rahul knew what their role was?

Ashwin was OK as captain and bowler. His batting has been as underrated as overrated as his test bowling. Cricketing sense would prevail if they persist with him. One thing I expect from Ashwin unlike Rahane is for him to stand up to the whims of some of these foreign coaches. Maxwell is getting about 9 crore thanks to Ponting and his worth is not beyond 3-4. Finch and Stoinis I think draw about 12-13 crore and that’s an absolute joke Mr.Hodge. Rahane if he has to play has to open and Frankenstein Warne needs to go and stop playing Short. I expect Ashwin to at least stand up and use that purse a lot more wisely.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It absolutely seemed like Bumrah had nerves of steel today. What a champion player!

Pollard was quite good today. Could have been a stunning return had he picked Ashwin's carrom balls right; this match would not have happened if he got us cleared 200. Also two boundaries from his bat came off edge, looked bad, yet good innings. Precious knock coming at right time, both for team and himself.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
It's not often that a single batsman can lose a T20 game on his own but that's what Rahane did for RR. Destroyed whatever little chances they had of qualifying. KXIP fought to their maximum level but they weren't good enough. As @LiveLoveABD pointed out, when you play with Gayle you're playing with 10 men most of the time. Ashwin has done very well to extract the most out of his players except one - himself. He has become a bit too cautious which is nothing but a teething issue which should get fixed with time.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Not a bad thing for RCB to be asked to bat first here. SRH are better off defending targets, with the light middle order that they have. So if RCB can somehow use all their batting geniuses to score runs against a powerful SRH bowling lineup and set a challenging score, it will be pressure on SRH to chase.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
WHAT A MANIAC IS ABD??? Ah, so fun to watch him when he is batting like this and especially when the opposition is NOT CSK!!! :D

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Poor. POOR bowling by SRH. there's no way this lineup can chase 220. Especially the form the RCB bowlers are in.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Poor. POOR bowling by SRH. there's no way this lineup can chase 220. Especially the form the RCB bowlers are in.

To be honest, I don't think they bowled poorly. They just ran into an absolute sublime Moeen Ali and that freak.

CDG is the unsung hero of this year.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
This is RCB's game to lose. They almost defended 206 against CSK in this same ground and without the likes of Southee. They have Southee here, bowlers in much better form and on a momentum with consecutive wins under their belt and 12 runs extra from that game. I can't see them NOT defending this.

I believe RCB will stay alive in the tournament and setup for an exciting last 3 days of the league stage.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
What rubbish? What absolute rubbish umpiring? It was clearly out and Southee got his fingers underneath it. Who the hell was that third umpire? Total nonsense....

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
First the six of AB got given a 4 and now this.. Umpiring standards in the IPL are tosh!

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That was unbelievable you freaking superman, ABD ! Absolute stunner.

Users who are viewing this thread