Indian Premier League - General Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This is test match cricket happening in Pune. So much seam movement. The best chance was for Punjab to bowl first here and try to get CSK out.

Another stat in a game of mounting stats - if CSK chase their target in 17.4 overs, they will be No. 1. An insurance for them if there is a washout in Qualifier 1 in Mumbai. And the way Ngidi and Chahar are bowling, they are on that track! Jaffa from Lungi!!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Gayle wants some points for his team for the Fair Play award , rather win out a match . :p
More probably , RR will be through now .

He was gone there. He helped everyone by avoiding time wastage in going for a review and then have the umpire's decision overturned.

Gopal123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Nepal
I dont see kxip getting 160+ here or they bowling out chennai for less than 70 runs. RR are sure to qualify.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
KXIP paid the price for relying on only Rahul and Tye. Never seemed like a team effort at all, and those 6 losses the had to endure the last 7 games explains why they sunk to the bottom after soaring at the top. Gayle briefly supported Rahul at the top, but he too faded away just like Punjab's season and KXIP's bowling, apart from Mujeeb and Tye, was downright poor in the following matches. There was a lack of support by the young Indian bowlers.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
KXIP need to look for solid Indian bowlers, they were missing that in the whole season. If they retained Sandeep Sharma they would be better off instead of the likelikes of Mohit Sharma and Rajpoot, who performs once in a millennia. They missed out on that category, otherwise they would've made a much better team. A solid middle order keeper like Tom Latham might come in handy as well to strengthen their middle order.[DOUBLEPOST=1526830019][/DOUBLEPOST]CSK letting this go now. This partnership needs to be broken. Jaddu should get an over here.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Cummins coming in next year will surely be a boost. We weren't upto the mark to go through.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
KXIP need to look for solid Indian bowlers, they were missing that in the whole season. If they retained Sandeep Sharma they would be better off instead of the likelikes of Mohit Sharma and Rajpoot, who performs once in a millennia. They missed out on that category, otherwise they would've made a much better team. A solid middle order keeper like Tom Latham might come in handy as well to strengthen their middle order.[DOUBLEPOST=1526830019][/DOUBLEPOST]CSK letting this go now. This partnership needs to be broken. Jaddu should get an over here.

I think the swing/seam movement has evaporated. Same thing happened in that SRH v CSK game on the same ground recently. SRH struggled to put bat on ball in the Powerplay. Then they accelerated to get to 175.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Absolutely brilliant work from Lungi Ngidi! CSK's luck with finding that one overseas fast bowler who does really well for them, CONTINUES! Ngidi follows the glorious legacy of Dirk Nannes, Doug Bollinger, Tim Southee, etc. 4/10 from 4 overs is EXTRAORDINARY!!

Wish MSD bowls only 2 overs of Ngidi in the Powerplay at the start and keeps 2 overs of him at the end. Ngidi is close to our answer for the death bowling woes.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Bravo should not bowl in death at all and Dhoni will know this come the qualifier. I think he should be replaced by Willey.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Bravo should not bowl in death at all and Dhoni will know this come the qualifier. I think he should be replaced by Willey.

I think so too. Willey can bowl more at the start and Ngidi handles death overs. And from what the commentators say, Bravo seems to be carrying a niggle. If true, I am surprised as to why was he playing while carrying it around. They have Willey who can bat, probably as much as Bravo. I know CSK have seen Bravo's batting more closely than that of Willey, but in a global game today, they should know what Willey is capable of with the bat.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
There was a precedent in a recent game (can't remember which game and who was the batsman) where the the soft signal was out and the catch was inconclusive but the batsman was given not out. But here, they give Faf out when the catch was inconclusive (all fingers of the dominant hand were behind the ball, making it hard to believe that Gayle took it cleanly). And the most telling thing is, Gayle immediately gestured for a replay indicating that he was not sure about the catch....

I think Faf was unlucky there.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Oh my. I'm feeling this is going down to wire!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Harbhajan ahead of Dhoni, Bravo, Jadeja!!! Might sound weird, but I am happy Dhoni's brain is not completely conservative.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Oh my!!! This is so much fun!! Deepak Chahar comes in for Harbhajan. All while Dhoni, Bravo and Jadeja are sitting without having a bat yet

Users who are viewing this thread