Indian Premier League - General Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Rajasthan need 43 off 18 balls, exact same as what CSK needed yesterday against SRH. Lets see if KKR can close this out. Prasidh Krishna and Russell should be a handful here and should take KKR home.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
What a bowler, Prasidh Krishna!!! Way better control and great for the death unlike many Indian newcomers!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Wow, I am still stunned as to how RR have lost this as they needed just 61 from 6 overs with NINE wicketsin hand! RR have lost it rather than KKR winning this. Worst batting I have seen in a T20 run chase.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Done and dusted! Rahane is another candidate who should be relieved of T20 captaincy and purely picked on merit. More often than not, he slows things down and today his slow batting cost RR the game.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Also they sent in Binny ahead of Gowtham? That over turned it around. 43 off 3 could be made but the great Binny made sure it wasn't happening!

Gopal123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Nepal
Nitin menon worst umpire in todays match hasnt given 3 wides[DOUBLEPOST=1527095757][/DOUBLEPOST]RR qualified because luck favoured them, expecting to be in finals without buttler was impossible for them

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I am not predicting the second entrant for the final. I just can't. Both teams are so tight. If SRH have the best bowling lineup of the tournament, KKR have great bowlers too. KKR are slightly ahead in the batting department than SRH, who are quite dependent of Dhawan and Williamson this season. But that's purely based on form and on their day, the SRH batting lineup is no way inferior.

Home crowd for KKR could potentially play a huge factor in Qualifier 2. Also it will be a battle of two captains who have been excellent this season, leading their sides for the first time in IPL history.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am not predicting the second entrant for the final. I just can't. Both teams are so tight. If SRH have the best bowling lineup of the tournament, KKR have great bowlers too. KKR are slightly ahead in the batting department than SRH, who are quite dependent of Dhawan and Williamson this season. But that's purely based on form and on their day, the SRH batting lineup is no way inferior.

Home crowd for KKR could potentially play a huge factor in Qualifier 2. Also it will be a battle of two captains who have been excellent this season, leading their sides for the first time in IPL history.
I would say that SRH are slightly ahead of KKR. Take into account that SRH bowled very well against a strong CSK side and almost won. KKR were in trouble before Karthik and Russell took them to a strong total. However, batting is key for SRH to win this game and even the tournament. Middle order batsmen have been downright poor once again in the middle overs.

Hope SRH put a strong bowling performance and batting fires in order to challenge Chennai in the final.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Has anyone noticed Lynn's role this season? He has been playing as an anchor which is very interesting. He's playing at a strike rate of less than 130 this season and is instead rotating the strike and trying to play till the end. Wonder if it's because he has lost his dynamism and ability to score quickly due to injuries or if it's due to instructions from the management.

The 3 teams remaining are the ones with the best management staff and tactics. Even if they're not the best teams as such, the clarity of thought from the strategists has made them extremely successful. A lesson to all other teams on planning.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Has anyone noticed Lynn's role this season? He has been playing as an anchor which is very interesting. He's playing at a strike rate of less than 130 this season and is instead rotating the strike and trying to play till the end. Wonder if it's because he has lost his dynamism and ability to score quickly due to injuries or if it's due to instructions from the management.

The 3 teams remaining are the ones with the best management staff and tactics. Even if they're not the best teams as such, the clarity of thought from the strategists has made them extremely successful. A lesson to all other teams on planning.
Think it's mainly to prevent the injury

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
KKR are almost running away with this game. I dont expect KKR to make the same mistake that Rajasthan did last game. SRH will need 160+ to make a game of this

Users who are viewing this thread