International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sometimes I sit and wonder if Manjrekar is the only one in the com box. He talks so much that I forgot there's Smith and Slats in the box as well.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Such a horrible over from Kaul after a tremendous start.... SRH now need to start it all over again.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Hyderabad may have been short a couple of biggies at the end of first innings, but Bhuvneshwar just recovered those runs in his spell so far... Brilliant!

And now Watson is taking it away...

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
This is SRH's game to lose now. All that momentum put out in the PP has been lost now. CSK has too many good batsmen to come out. The way they are negating Rashid gives me the feeling that CSK will win.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Easy for CSK from here ... another IPL in the kitty for MSD

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
This is painful to watch as an SRH fan. Doesn't look like a collapse is going to happen.

B

Bigby Wolf

Watson's innings reminds of the knock he played in ct 2009 final vs NZ.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have realised on my stay in this forum that I'm a "I told you so" guy. This result of CSK winning the title was very much expected and I think I called it a long time back. @SaiSrini I know you termed a few results down to luck and while I agree fortune plays a part but when a team has regularly got results after results over a decade and with different guys doing it in different games you just feel invincible as a team. I've been part of a team like that. Every new challenge a new bloke would stand up..

Shane Watson is a retired bloke and he's playing this innings after having been 0* (10) and probably been the cause for Faf's dismissal. I will not agree that MS Dhoni doesn't transcend that calm down to the last person in a dressing room. This same Shane Watson under Kohli was being branded as a has been, past it chap.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Congrats @SaiSrini . Looks like you anti jinxed well through your negativity which helped CSK win the title. :D. Enjoy buddy.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yayyyyyyy!!!!!! CSK you beauty!!!!!! This was such a commanding win, a one man show surely but great to see Watson so determined! Brilliant stuff!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
For a team that lived on the knife's edge for most of its history, this title win came in a canter. LOVE YOU CSK!!! Thanks for giving us the glory in the end after a roller coaster throughout.

Congrats @SaiSrini . Looks like you anti jinxed well through your negativity which helped CSK win the title. :D. Enjoy buddy.

Thank you very much. But I did not anti-jinx for the most part. I've been part of this forum for almost 1 and a half decade and I am so immune to that "anti-jinx" theory but I genuinely genuinely felt that CSK displayed too much weakness for a title winning side that I just DID NOT believe they had a chance. I knew they had it in them to enter the playoffs because of their expertise in absorbing pressure but I expected them to scratch their way through there. Genuinely speaking, atleast 2 other teams have looked much better than CSK this season but have been unfortunate to not end up winning the title.

What this tournament has shown is, the "spongy type" ability of CSK to absorb the pressure has made all the difference. The experience of taking it deep and believing that nothing is impossible. They have almost given teams the confidence that 18-19 runs per over in the last 3-4 overs is not at all impossible... It is Dhoni's second wind as captain and full credit to him.

Users who are viewing this thread