Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I can't believe it's the same Shane Watson who lost the finals for RCB in 2016 both, with his batting and bowling.

CSK brings in some sort of positivity in their players which forces them to perform in one or the other game. Which is why, one or the other player of the team perform at the crucial time and win the game for the team.

Congrats CSK. :clap

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Congratulations CSK, will say it again. If the first game would have been on the other side, champions would have been the other team of the first game...

No ifs no buts, congratulations CSK and their loyal fans @SaiSrini and @Rebel2k18.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I can't believe it's the same Shane Watson who lost the finals for RCB in 2016 both, with his batting and bowling.

CSK brings in some sort of positivity in their players which forces them to perform in one or the other game. Which is why, one or the other player of the team perform at the crucial time and win the game for the team.

Congrats CSK. :clap
As Kushal mentioned, more to do with the captains than the teams here. MSD gets the best out of his players while Kohli with all his aggression and intent talk ends up putting too much pressure on his players.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
As Kushal mentioned, more to do with the captains than the teams here. MSD gets the best out of his players while Kohli with all his aggression and intent talk ends up putting too much pressure on his players.
Agreed. There is a LOT difference between MSD and Virat. Difference in their captaincy is clearly visible to the public. I don't know the future of Indian team after MSD retires. I would say, rest MSD for a tour and see how Virat performs - in terms of captaincy.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Great win for CSK!! Made it look so easy because of the flawless hitting from Watson.. Brilliant innings from him..

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
But with Virat , I dont he pressures them up as much, but the expectation to everyone give 110% just because he does that every game , he expects the same from others as well.. Proper use of players is something that will come with time and more time he spends along with MSD in ODIs....

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
But with Virat , I dont he pressures them up as much, but the expectation to everyone give 110% just because he does that every game , he expects the same from others as well.. Proper use of players is something that will come with time and more time he spends along with MSD in ODIs....
Agree with you but I hope he understands every individual is different and not everyone can be aggressive while giving his 110%. Some players don't show it, but they give their absolute best. He overdoes his aggression which comes naturally to him but not to other players and that is where he lacks understanding of different players.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Agree with you but I hope he understands every individual is different and not everyone can be aggressive while giving his 110%. Some players don't show it, but they give their absolute best. He overdoes his aggression which comes naturally to him but not to other players and that is where he lacks understanding of different players.
Yeah the differentiation is really hard to differ for such a person who shows his expression and lets the feeling out.. I mean we already can see the maturity in not showing much emotions when things arent going well, so that will also happen we need to give him that space to get that mentality..He gets the results but there's chances of having a losing streaks as well because things might not click when few things dont go your way, which is the reason Dhoni is a different captain in that regards, he always depends and possess more on the process than the results which is much more mental part than the talent execution of the game...

Varun7

Batman
Profile Flag
India
Congratulations CSK, will say it again. If the first game would have been on the other side, champions would have been the other team of the first game...

No ifs no buts, congratulations CSK and their loyal fans @SaiSrini and @Rebel2k18.
AliB i love your comment mahn!

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
All the Papas out there ! :p[DOUBLEPOST=1527445020][/DOUBLEPOST]On a serious note , Rashid would be 22-25 years .You know , all those school admissions stuffs .

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Listen to what Watson is saying now. He talks about the team environment and has talked so much about MSD here. Also mentioned how difficult it was when he was dropped last year from RCB XI and how CSK trusted him with opening this time round really tells us something about the difference between the 2 captains.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
People are comparing Kohli and Dhoni?

Forget MSD! He's in my mind the greatest LOI captain of all time but you just compare someone like Kohli and Williamson?

A guy from NZ with no previous experience of captaincy in the biggest league and no local knowledge. How did he look so much in control? Because he understands ebbs and flows of cricket. This is not a dig at Kohli the batsman or human being. He's just not cut out to be a leader. Not many are. The bloke I worship also isn't. But, he was sensible enough to let go and allow someone else to do it. Kohli won't. In fact, his head is so far up his rear that he decided to get rid of a legend in a powerful position able to help Indian cricket and replace him with his bodyguard.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
It feels numb... literally numb after that win. Every step of the way, things were made to be tougher and tougher for CSK. Came in with an oldies side which lacked teeth in bowling and fielding, lost their home ground (around which they built their side) due to political issues, lost their high priced middle order batsman in the opening game of the tournament, kept consistently leaking runs in the death overs and endured a horrid form for their best death bowler of earlier seasons, Bravo, etc.

I go back to the beginning when Aakash Chopra on Cricinfo said "CSK will make the playoffs, but I dont see them on the podium" and Cricinfo's guy Raunak Kapoor said "CSK will finish at the bottom". I believed in Aakash more than Raunak (though I dont doubt even now that Raunak was entirely wrong; such was the perception given by this side). I am happy to be on the side where I am trolled by members here in this forum for being ultra negative (I again say, I never believed and never attempted the anti-jinx; I just didn't think CSK had it this time).

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It feels numb... literally numb after that win. Every step of the way, things were made to be tougher and tougher for CSK. Came in with an oldies side which lacked teeth in bowling and fielding, lost their home ground (around which they built their side) due to political issues, lost their high priced middle order batsman in the opening game of the tournament, kept consistently leaking runs in the death overs and endured a horrid form for their best death bowler of earlier seasons, Bravo, etc.

I go back to the beginning when Aakash Chopra on Cricinfo said "CSK will make the playoffs, but I dont see them on the podium" and Cricinfo's guy Raunak Kapoor said "CSK will finish at the bottom". I believed in Aakash more than Raunak (though I dont doubt even now that Raunak was entirely wrong; such was the perception given by this side). I am happy to be on the side where I am trolled by members here in this forum for being ultra negative (I again say, I never believed and never attempted the anti-jinx; I just didn't think CSK had it this time).

Even if you were anti-jinxing or trolling others it's fine. It's what ardent fans do. I can understand it. Although, having discussed over the years with you I know you're not the type to troll people. I only took offence to the fluke wins comment. That man you have as your leader is a magician. I can remember every CSK player winning one or two games for you. Not one guy who won won 5/6. But blokes who all contributed. That's why I was so bullish about them. Once CSK make the playoff's it's pretty certain they will play the final. My reason for being bullish about them winning it was the ground which is Dhoni's temple of sorts and that I knew the wicket would suit CSK. It just always felt like it was meant to be their championship. Dhoni and CSK know how to handle championships. That's half the battle won!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Its a third title for CSK in seven final attempts! It's a record that had to be improved upon and CSK did it with style today.

I won't be surprised if they have an open deck bus parade celebration tomorrow or day after in Chennai. They did the bus parade at the start of this tournament as a tribute to the fans for sticking with them through the 2 years of suspension. Dhoni has already mentioned in the post match presentation that the team is landing in Chennai tomorrow irrespective of the result. It will be sensational and I hope and wish Chennai will forget all the political upheaval it has seen in the past 5-6 months and enjoy this. Yes CSK had only one local player play this IPL (Vijay played that match vs KXIP which CSK lost) but still the amount of affection and connect shown by the entire squad towards the city has been heartwarming.

Users who are viewing this thread