Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is the image I have in mind of Pant - throwing it away or not being able to get the team across the line esp when chasing. And usually by playing a shot where he completely loses his shape. Still have high hopes from him

There is something wrong with the way he plays these days, almost as if he has 'fear' for some reason. The vitriol thrown at him from the Indian fanbase in general for no reason doesn't help either.

B

Bigby Wolf

Excellent bowling from Natarajan - Right on the money to bowl those yorkers.

And he is got the big one here Marcus Stoinis.

Top Top Bowling that.:clap:clap:clap

Bevab

Staff Member
Excellent bowling from Natarajan - Right on the money to bowl those yorkers.

He has improved tremendously compared to where he once was. It's clear that he has put in a lot of work.[DOUBLEPOST=1601401380][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm not sure why Stoinis was held back today. I understand if the powerplay is gone but given how early that wicket was lost, Stoinis should have been the man to walk out instead of Shreyas.

Akshay.

National Board President
India
Mumbai Indians
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
There is something wrong with the way he plays these days, almost as if he has 'fear' for some reason. The vitriol thrown at him from the Indian fanbase in general for no reason doesn't help either.
Maybe there's a fear of losing out to keeper bats, Rahul & Samson, and even yesterday Kishan had a great knock, so that might be on his mind. He needs to back his natural game

Bevab

Staff Member
Maybe there's a fear of losing out to keeper bats, Rahul & Samson, and even yesterday Kishan had a great knock, so that might be on his mind. He needs to back his natural game

It is like he is caught between playing his natural and aggressive game against the one that is being drilled in him to take the game deep and play like an old school finisher or like so many other Indian batsmen. The younger version of him would have just backed himself to get early and big to get those runs and Delhi would probably have been in a better situation if he clicked which he did on a surprisingly consistent basis two years ago.

Akshay.

National Board President
India
Mumbai Indians
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
It is like he is caught between playing his natural and aggressive game against the one that is being drilled in him to take the game deep and play like an old school finisher or like so many other Indian batsmen. The younger version of him would have just backed himself to get early and big to get those runs and Delhi would probably have been in a better situation if he clicked which he did on a surprisingly consistent basis two years ago.
Even last year he had a great season with nearly 500 runs. It will be better for him to score the runs in his style.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Superb bowlin from SRH today. Natarajan, Bhuvi and Rashid were wonderful today. But the main hero of the win is Kane Williamson. That man really turned it around for SRH. Abdul Samad did hit a big shot, but I think SRH would be forced to go with Vijay Shankar in the future, considering going with just 5 bowlers, with one of them being Abhishek Sharma, is very risky.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
SRH are back!! They did exactly what they are known for - Brilliant Bowling.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I feel really bad for him. Something that is a disadvantage for all the new cricketers - social media pressure. He does look good when he is on song, I would love to see Sehwag-esque Pant but all he is right now is tamed down Dhoni. I feel he has been told to be the one who would guide the innings and go bonkers in the end. What does not work for him is that he is not an accumulator, he is aggressor. That is the only way he plays so good. For Delhi to qualify for play off's he has to go back to his old role. I do not know if its the Indian team management or Delhi management that wants the tamed version of Pant.

On other note, he does have tough competition. We have some really good keepers for limited overs as well as longer format. He also has the fear of losing his spot. Ishan Kishan, KL Rahul, Sanju Samson all can keep and bat. All three have had wonderful season one after the other. On one hand its good for Indian cricket, on other its bad for individual players since they mold themselves into something they are not. See Shikhar Dhawan, he was an aggressor, but over the years he has lost that touch.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
btw who else is enjoying the English commentary sans Manjerekar

Cricinfo seem to do better virtual shows so I have to tolerate him. Still, the quality is pathetic. Pietersen and the two cockroaches by the name Gavaskar. Unbearable. At least there's Mark Nicholas.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
This boy Abdul Samad. He is a freak of nature. Bet his branches will be chopped off like Pant's as well under Kohli.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
People on social media rejoicing at seeing CSK at the rock bottom of the points table. Clearly those morons have started following IPL only very recently. CSK used to be a team that frequently started bad, then made a spirited dash towards playoffs and by a few quarters of an inch, they'll storm into the playoffs. Its only in the last few years that they haven't experienced that pressure. The pre-suspension CSK is known for late dashes, just like Mumbai Indians are also known for it.

I expect both MI and CSK to fight harder as the tournament goes on. We're still 3 games in (some sides are yet to play their 3rd game). And this is a 14 league game tournament. 8 wins are needed for playoff qualification and CSK need 7 wins from 11 games. Still some leeway available for them though they would want to start winning from this Friday itself.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Samson, Ishan Kishan they both young and want to be in Indian team as :wkb: they trained get fit in the lockdown, so they can achieve what they aiming for... In other end Rishab Pant, who might think that his position in India team can't be touched, may be that's why he put on more weight and play's unwanted shots, where he can play simple shots using his power to hit sixes...

B

Bigby Wolf

This boy Abdul Samad. He is a freak of nature. Bet his branches will be chopped off like Pant's as well under Kohli.
The way he Tonked Norte for that six reminds me of the Younger Yusuf Pathan.

Obviously Sample size way too less to tell what Abdul Samad is all about hopefully we will get to see him more of this IPL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread