Indian Premier League - General Discussion

B

Bigby Wolf

Tomorrow is the Auction ..............

And ............................. Asela Gunaratne
If you know what I mean :D
Is he in the auction? But boy what a knock he played today ! Pulling out a improbable win for the Lankans.[DOUBLEPOST=1487512855][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree. Faf would've been a better choice.
Yeah Faf would have definitely been a better choice but with SA players leaving midway could have been the reason for Smith getting the choice.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So all excited for the auction, 20 minutes to go!

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
RCB lost Starc. We need stokes or some extremely good bowler. SO excited to see who gets picked.
Aakash Chopra says RCB shouldn't go for Stokes as he isn't a complete bowling option :lol.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Pune look very poor on paper. Bad decision after bad decision by the management. Another 8th place finish is a real possibility.

Hyderabad's batting stocks are a bit shallow. Beyond Warner and Dhawan, there are no consistent T20 batsmen.

Mumbai, Gujarat and Bangalore look incredibly strong. Should finish top 3 as long as they don't screw up.

Delhi and Punjab are a bit so-so, some really good players in there but a serious lack of depth in the bowling department.

Not sure where I stand on Kolkata, they look better than Delhi/Punjab but are inferior in comparison to the three best sides in the league. Batting doesn't look frightening and they'll sorely miss Andre Russell.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
RPS made a blunder by buying Stokes for such a high price. He'll leave midway through the tournament. They also chose the wrong man to captain them. And the less said about their pace bowling attack, the better.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Really surprised that Imran Tahir went unsold. Might have something to do with availability I guess.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Pune spent too much on Ben Stokes, personally, I feel that is way too much on one player, (14.5 crores).

I don't why but Hyderabad needed some real batting firepower. Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi are good buys but we need some "local" batsmen in our team. Last season our middle order could be said as the weak part of the team, and it was what needed to be fixed. I do not understand why Jordan was pickes up by the Sunrisers. Not really a great choice due to him being a very inconsistent player. Someone like Billy Stanlake is a better option.

Though, the Sunrisers have got some good bowling and I am looking forward to see them defend the trophy (hopefully)[DOUBLEPOST=1487605926][/DOUBLEPOST]
Aakash Chopra says RCB shouldn't go for Stokes as he isn't a complete bowling option :lol.
They were looking for someone to replace Starc, a bowler not an allrounder. ;)

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Pune spent too much on Ben Stokes, personally, I feel that is way too much on one player, (14.5 crores).

I don't why but Hyderabad needed some real batting firepower. Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi are good buys but we need some "local" batsmen in our team. Last season our middle order could be said as the weak part of the team, and it was what needed to be fixed. I do not understand why Jordan was pickes up by the Sunrisers. Not really a great choice due to him being a very inconsistent player. Someone like Billy Stanlake is a better option.

Though, the Sunrisers have got some good bowling and I am looking forward to see them defend the trophy (hopefully)[DOUBLEPOST=1487605926][/DOUBLEPOST]
They were looking for someone to replace Starc, a bowler not an allrounder. ;)
Tanmay Agarwal is a good buy... He is a good batsman... Also we have Eklavya Dwivedi[DOUBLEPOST=1487606078][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Yuvi is back in form and so is Henriques

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Cutting is handy too ,for me was the gamechanger in the last years final.
That final over was a real game changer. The score being 180+ in the 19th over suddenly moved onto 200+. And for his fortune, he got to face his fellow countrymen Shane Watson. I bet he wouldn't have done it if it was someone like Jordan or Milne. (Facing Watto in net practice was quite helpful for him.)

Users who are viewing this thread