Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Some real blunders made by Pune team management. Firstly they decide to drop Dhoni as the captain on the eve of the auction. Seriously? This season is the first time Dhoni will be coming into the tournament with a free mindset and long break. Yes, he might know every single players in domestic cricket but he will certainly have a better knowledge about their mindset than Smith. So they have made a blunder before the start of the auction. Now they go into the auction and make a blunder straight away. They bought Stokes which is not the blunder but for the price which they bought him at was definitely a blunder. Especially for them who have probably the weakest bowling line-up in the competition. They HAD TO go for fast bowlers as their priority but they spent most of their money on Stokes who is likely to leave the tournament midway. They also needed some power hitters in their line-up and they didn't get any. I also don't think Steve Smith is a great captain TBH and if they really wanted to make someone else a captain, it should have been Faf.

Again, I am really impressed with Sunriser's performance in the auction. Very low key but covered most of their bases in terms of spinners when they bought Tambe and Rashid Khan. They also brought in Nabi as the back up spinning all-rounder if one of their fast bowling all-rounder loses form or conditions are spinner friendly.

Overall, decent picks all around but I was a bit surprised when nobody bought Imran Tahir. I know that he will be leaving halfway through the tournament. He still would have been a good addition to any squad. I really like Delhi's squad and I am hoping they can go far this season. They were decent in the auction and brought in some good players in KG Rabada, Cummins, Matthews and Corey Anderson who I think was a bargain buy for them.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm glad that Ishant Sharma didn't get picked at all. I don't know if he has any supporters here who would counteract but I absolutely think he doesn't deserve to be in the playing X1 of any team; and I'm not talking about only IPL here.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I'm glad that Ishant Sharma didn't get picked at all. I don't know if he has any supporters here who would counteract but I absolutely think he doesn't deserve to be in the playing X1 of any team; and I'm not talking about only IPL here.
Not an Ishant fan but that's too harsh on him. I know when he leaks he leaks a lot and yea his base price was too much, 50L or 1C would have been more than enough.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I know when he leaks he leaks a lot

My problem with Ishant is not the leakage of runs (not sure he does so) but the inconsistency with which he bowls. For a bowler with more than 70+ Test match experience, he bowls very poorly.

B

Bigby Wolf

My problem with Ishant is not the leakage of runs (not sure he does so) but the inconsistency with which he bowls. For a bowler with more than 70+ Test match experience, he bowls very poorly.
Exactly ,he has been playing for very long time and still is inconsistent and isn't even chosen in our playing 11 if Shami ,Bhuvi and Umesh are Fit. This november will be his 10th year in international cricket and he is still 28. He has worst average amongst all bowlers who has taken 200 wickets (In test matches) and has been very poor in Limited overs matches espcially at the death.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
For me, it was more surprising that Brad Hogg remained unsold!

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
For me, it was more surprising that Brad Hogg remained unsold!
The overseas player quota in the squad and lineup (9 and 4) is the main concern for all the teams.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think it's a blessing in disguise for Ishant Sharma. In the lst few series, he has looked like a bowler who has played more than 70 test matches. For me, this is the perfect opportunity for him to go and get a county team. Just prepare himself for the next challange. I would say the same thing about Pujara. Pujara has done it in the past and there is no reason why he shouldn't do it again. They both will only get better with county experiances.

ben1983

School Cricketer
Is it just me or is Stokes seriously over rated. I think a good all rounder should be able to get in a side for bowling or batting separately. He bowls too many four (or six :lol) balls in an over and his batting is too inconsistent. That added to his temperament and I think this make him overrated and over priced. Never another Botham or Flintoff. Woakes will be a better all rounder than stokes soon. A much better bowler and batting is comming along.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Woakes, Buttler and Stokes have been granted extended stay in IPL till May 14. While Morgan, Roy and Billings have been asked to report to national camp on or before 1st May.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Woakes, Buttler and Stokes have been granted extended stay in IPL till May 14. While Morgan, Roy and Billings have been asked to report to national camp on or before 1st May.
Buttler. <3

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles