Indian Premier League - General Discussion

B

Bigby Wolf

Kate Upton?
Upton you expect

kate-upton-sports-illustrated-1006.gif
http://www.realclearlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/kate-upton-sports-illustrated-1006.gif

Upton you get

Patrick Anthony Howard 'Paddy' Upton
3cb3c9b.jpg

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
They did the same in 2014 and IMO Vohra apart from few flashy innings here and there has been a major disappointment in the last couple of years.

Still worth 3 crores.

He played really well for a couple of seasons. There's just no consistency in selection at KXIP. CSK is a living model for 'how to build a team and a player' over a period of time.

If I were KXIP I would look to get Ben Stokes and make him captain. They're a bit unfortunate with Sandeep Sharma as he's played an international. Otherwise he would have been absolutely value for money @ 3 crores.[DOUBLEPOST=1512652066][/DOUBLEPOST]Highest retainers at the IPL this year IMO would be Stokes and K Pandya.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
K Pandya could be retained by Mumbai Indians. He is an uncapped player, remember. He will not come in that "max of 3 capped players" bracket.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
They did the same in 2014 and IMO Vohra apart from few flashy innings here and there has been a major disappointment in the last couple of years.
Nope. IMO, he has been a really great find, for Punjab. Manan Vohra has been great in his hitting, and his temprament. Also, he was one of the only few who could pick Rashids bowling last year. (I remember only him and Utthapa smashing Rashid for sixes.)

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
K Pandya could be retained by Mumbai Indians. He is an uncapped player, remember. He will not come in that "max of 3 capped players" bracket.

You can at max retain 3. You can then use RTM for two. They will not risk putting Sharma/H Pandya/Bumrah in the auction. So K Pandya will attract a lot of bids. I fully expect MI to match, but some mental things have happened in the auction and he could go for 10 cr +.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Sorry, I was talking about 'retain' and 'RTM' in the same breath. I obviously meant that MI will use the RTM card on K Pandya. Would be surprised if they don't keep K Pandya (using RTM)

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

PREDICTION OF RETENTION

MS DHONI
SURESH RAINA
DWAYNE BRAVO
RAVINDRA JADEJA (RTM)
BABA APARAJITH (RTM)

Where is Ravichandran Ashwin.He is far better all-rounder than Baba Aparajith.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Where is Ravichandran Ashwin.He is far better all-rounder than Baba Aparajith.

You can retain a maximum of 3 capped India players.[DOUBLEPOST=1512998946][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry, I was talking about 'retain' and 'RTM' in the same breath. I obviously meant that MI will use the RTM card on K Pandya. Would be surprised if they don't keep K Pandya (using RTM)

I think it will come down to auction dynamics. But I am with you. MI are quite renowned for breaking the bank with some blokes. I would be shocked if Krunal doesn't go for more than 6 crores.[DOUBLEPOST=1512999013][/DOUBLEPOST]Ben Stokes I see at RCB for anywhere between 18 and 20 crores. If he goes for 12-15 I see him at CSK. But history and pattern tends to suggest RCB for a stupid amount of money.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Then agree with you.

MS for captaincy.
Raina for no.3 position.
Jaddu for outfielding. @kushal17

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Then agree with you.

MS for captaincy.
Raina for no.3 position.
Jaddu for outfielding. @kushal17

I would retain Raina and Bravo and go to the auction with 3 RTM's. I don't think MS or Jadeja are worth the retention money. May be, even just Raina.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I would retain Raina and Bravo and go to the auction with 3 RTM's. I don't think MS or Jadeja are worth the retention money. May be, even just Raina.

Yes! Raina was the most runs scorer in previous editions & an all-rounder.Lets see what Stephen Fleming and team CSK want!?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

There is no way CSK will go into the auction without retaining Dhoni. The city will crucify the franchise if something like that is done. And also, a lot of non-Chennaiites will criticize such a decision, if it is taken.

Yes, it (retaining Dhoni) is going to be a decision purely taken on emotion. But heck, who cares? Dhoni and CSK have become part of the folklore that its unimaginable for the franchise to move ahead without Dhoni when he is still playing the IPL. And also Dhoni is not that bad that CSK needs to think. He is still very much a fit player and if he finds the hitting form, he can still cause damage with the bat. And maybe getting the reins back at CSK might just spur him back into hitting form.

Users who are viewing this thread