Indian teenagers brutalized in Australia

pal

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The kind of violence that occurs on an almost habitual basis in India would make native British people look like fairies. Nearly a quarter of the members of the Indian parliament face criminal charges. It's nothing to be proud of, obviously, but it shows how accustomed Indians are to violence and crime.

As for this recent spate of brutal violence against Indian students, it's not a new development. If I recall correctly, I posted something about this more than a year ago when Scion_sid was inquiring into the possibility of attending Australian universities.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
The kind of violence that occurs on an almost habitual basis in India would make native British people look like fairies. Nearly a quarter of the members of the Indian parliament face criminal charges. It's nothing to be proud of, obviously, but it shows how accustomed Indians are to violence and crime.

As for this recent spate of brutal violence against Indian students, it's not a new development. If I recall correctly, I posted something about this more than a year ago when Scion_sid was inquiring into the possibility of attending Australian universities.

You say it would make native British people look like fairies, but it's the concept of how it happens, random stabbings going on between young people (16-20) I know what your saying but yeah...

jordox

International Cricketer
Stop your whinging.

People get bashed everywhere. People get knifed out the front of Night Clubs everywhere. There are racists everywhere. I'm guessing the people who attacked these Indian guys were very racist, white-Australians. Yes, it's sad but don't act like it's so amazing and so shocking.

Minorities or whatever. I don't care about the religion, nationality and everything of those victims. Had they been any English or Italian, I would have said the same thing.

I have a very, very strong feeling that you wouldn't of said anything. Because if this was true, you would have started a thread every week of the year, talking about the people in Australia who have been beaten up or murdered. You've got a lot of work to do to back up that claim King Cricket. Go on, try starting a thread for every attack in Australia. I am aware of one just last month where a boy knifed his Girlfriend's parents. Maybe you can start on that :p (I'm joking, don't actually do that.) :D

Thing is that attack was terrible, those who carried out the attack are a bunch of illiterate animals, and they should immediately be kicked out of Australia. Some morons.

Yes, they are a bunch of knobs. But you don't solve problems by throwing people out of the country, in fact that idea you just said was probably part of the basis of why they attack these Indian boys in the first place. White-Australia Policy is very heavily anti immigration, and I'd put my house on the fact that the people who beat these kids up had the view point that they should "be kicked out of the country".

It exists everywhere. One could argue it's human nature to pick on something that's different. I've seen people go far beyond "brutalized" back home.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
The Indians are guests in Australia, and therefore it is the responsibility of Australia to make sure they are treated well. However, seeing as this is not a racially motivated attack (as far as we know), it is ridiculous to suggest however that the "Indians should toughen up" and etc., and honestly, I would go as far as to say that is a racial comment.

I have met many "tough" Indians, so that statement is completely untrue Tom :p

I'm interested in an Australian's take on this, rather than Tom's at the moment..

zMario added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

I've lived in Australia, there's plenty of racism going on there. 'Go back to your mud huts' etc. Nothing new here. These kids are probably on student visas, if they get into a fight or something, which could boil over and lead to deaths even, they'll have their visas revoked and will be sent back home without their degree they worked their ass off for and the thousands of dollars they paid for it.

You wouldn't understand, Tom.
Fact.

Unfortunately, with the educational services not available / not to the standard of those available in the western world, many Pakistanis and Indians are forced to venture out of their "comfort zone" to get the education they need to meet their life goals.

And I doubt getting into fights is one of them.

jordox

International Cricketer
The Indians are guests in Australia, and therefore it is the responsibility of Australia to make sure they are treated well. However, seeing as this is not a racially motivated attack (as far as we know)

First of all, it's the responsibility of a country to keep everyone safe. The imports have no more privileges than the people who were born there.

Okay, lets say this isn't a racially motivated attack. It's just a random attack. These happen everywhere. These Indian kids were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Lets say that's the story.

Why are you acting like the Australian government need to make changes to keep Indian's safe? If you are criticizing them for having thugs in their country, you better warm your fingers up and have a go at the other 194 countries on Earth while you're at it. Hell, foreign people in your country who are in the wrong place at the wrong time have a slight chance of finding themselves getting their head cut off on the internet in a tent miles away.

Many posts in this thread lack simple logic.

Last edited:

Insomniac

Title Recipient
First of all, it's the responsibility of a country to keep everyone safe. The imports have no more privileges than the people who were born there.

Okay, lets say this isn't a racially motivated attack. It's just a random attack. These happen everywhere. These Indian kids were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Lets say that's the story.

Why are you acting like the Australian government need to make changes to keep Indian's safe? If you are criticizing them for having thugs in their country, you better warm your fingers up and have a go at 194 countries on Earth while you're at it. Hell, foreign people in your country who are in the wrong place at the wrong time have a slight chance of finding themselves getting their head cut off on the internet in a tent miles away.

Many posts in this thread lack simple logic.
I never said it was a racially motived attack. In fact, I even state that this is not a racially motivated attack, based on the evidence we have seen.

And the "imports" are not citizens as far as I know - they are Indian citizens that are currently residing in Australia to complete an education. They are guests of Australia, as far as I can tell.

In your home, do you not treat guests a little better than say, family members? That is not to say that Australia need to bend backwards to help them, but it is ultimately their responsibility to ensure their well-being to the best of their abililty as well as the people of Australia.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Funny thing is that nobody has started a thread regarding this yet.

The Hindu News Update Service

Andhra Pradesh : Australian High Comm meets External Affairs Ministry officials : 585794

What a terrible incident! How can any human being do these things! Really shocking.

BTW, I was watching a live debate show on Times Now a bit earlier. They are saying that more than 50 attacks on the Indians have happened in the Australian soil in course of the last six months. Don't know whether it's true or not, neither will I be able to post any link (as it was said by a guest in a live debate show)- the other Indians who follow Times Now might be able to confirm this, I can just tell you that I'm telling the truth and you can trust me. But the thing is, I've always thought Australia to be one of the safest places in this earth, and I still think so- but if that figure is correct, and if these type of attacks continue then I am afraid I'll soon have to change my views.

I dont know if there would be 50 in 6 months, but if it is then it's an obvious attack on Indians. But if it isn't then I dont get why you wrote: surprised no one has made a thread about this.

These attacks happen every day world wide and I'm sure this isn't the only place that Indians are getting bashed, or that Australians are etc etc.

But I doubt it's 50 because I haven't heard anything about it here.

jordox

International Cricketer
In your home, do you not treat guests a little better than say, family members? That is not to say that Australia need to bend backwards to help them, but it is ultimately their responsibility to ensure their well-being to the best of their abililty as well as the people of Australia.

No, in my home town guests are normally killed. Oh, they joys of Africa. :p

But I do understand your point, but you haven't responded to mine. Why are you criticizing Australia's protection of these students, while every country on Earth is equally at fault? Your country would be a good place to start, how long ago was that Polish geologist beheaded?

Last edited:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I've lived in Australia, there's plenty of racism going on there. 'Go back to your mud huts' etc. Nothing new here. These kids are probably on student visas, if they get into a fight or something, which could boil over and lead to deaths even, they'll have their visas revoked and will be sent back home without their degree they worked their ass off for and the thousands of dollars they paid for it.

You wouldn't understand, Tom.

lol, poms get it a lot worse here. If I see an Indian I won't give a second look, but If I see a pom I'll let him know this is our country ;)

The difference is, they choose to take it well and gives it back.

BUT when it gets to names like black c*** etc etc (no one get offended by that btw, just an example) then it's too far, I will say but most Indians dont get given a second look here tbh.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
lol, poms get it a lot worse here. If I see an Indian I won't give a second look, but If I see a pom I'll let him know this is our country ;)

The difference is, they choose to take it well and gives it back.
But you're not beating them up :p

zMario added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

No, in my home town guests are normally killed. Oh, they joys of Africa. :p

But I do understand your point, but you haven't responded to mine. Why are you criticizing Australia's protection of these students, while every country on Earth is equally at fault? Your country would be a good place to start, how long ago was that Polish geologist beheaded?
Well, this thread is on Indian students in Australia. The other countries have very little to do with this.

If the thread is Chinese students in the USA, (with the same scenario), I will condemn the USA just as I have to Australia.

And besides, all the Indians here would tell you that they expected me to side with Tom :p

jordox

International Cricketer
Well, this thread is on Indian students in Australia. The other countries have very little to do with this.

If the thread is Chinese students in the USA, (with the same scenario), I will condemn the USA just as I have to Australia.

And besides, all the Indians here would tell you that they expected me to side with Tom :p

It still doesn't excuse the fact you are being completely hypocritical.

Australia doesn't deserve condemning, the humans who did it do. Australia has nothing to do with it.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It still doesn't excuse the fact you are being completely hypocritical.

Australia doesn't deserve condemning, the humans who did it do. Australia has nothing to do with it.

I don't think anyone is condemning Australia on the whole, although such events are product of a society's ignorance/denial, and the attitudes I'm seeing in this thread are a perfect example of such denial. Not much different to saying 'boys will be boys' every time a kid commits a violent act. Turning a blind eye as a society to such events can lead to turning a blind eye to much bigger stuff. We've done the same thing for decades and I can tell you its a very slippery slope. Its the ability to scrutinize every fault in one's own culture that separates a civilized society from an uncivilized one. It doesn't do anyone any good to ignore such things.

And your point about hypocrisy is bollocks. A person whose nation is in turmoil can't comment on what's going on in other countries?

jordox

International Cricketer
And your point about hypocrisy is bollocks. A person whose nation is in turmoil can't comment on what's going on in other countries?

They can comment, but they shouldn't be critical of it. Especially when the other country is safer and more stable in every way.

I see that as hypocritical. Me slagging off the US, UK or Australia would be stupid because I am Zimbabwean. I don't have the hide to sit here and criticize Australia for doing things better than my own country does. It's like calling someone a stupid fat ass when you're twice as big and twice as stupid.

I see that as wrong.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
If this is some plan to make me admit that Pakistan is in turmoil, then I'm easily ready to admit that because it is true.

Users who are viewing this thread