Indian tour of South Africa, December-January 2010/11

What will the result of the Test series be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah we're done for in this test. Hopefully our batting comes around in the second innings and we fight it out to a draw.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I must say Indian bowlers looked way too dangerous then this back home, they extracted more bounce and movement from those flat tracks.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Well, India surely not deserve the no.1 rank with our pathetic bowling attack.This guys showed us our bowling depth without Zaheer.A no.1 team needed to have champion bowlers and batsman but apart from the Dravid,Lax,SRT trio all left there was flat track bullies and bowlers with out sufficient morale and confidence(also skill).

Very important points.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
The other problem was SA made runs at a great run rate of over 4, had they gone with something below 3, We could have just drawn it.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
The pitch is looking too flat now or maybe Indian pacers made it look that way.
Well I won't be surprised if we will be able to draw it but it's highly unlikely because every batsmen is low on confidence and three out of form.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Whilst Indian batting yesterday was terrible, whilst Indian bowling today is terrible, and as good as the Saffers have been...you do have to take into account the differences in the pitch between yesterday and today. The new ball at the start yesterday was really spitting and seaming, and today there is no shape at all. Yes, a large part can be attributed to the bowlers themselves but I wonder how much the pitch has had an effect.

When you're the # 1 team you shouldn't bring up such excuses and be able to play in all conditions. That is what teams like Australia did when they were # 1 for so long. I thought India had the best batting line up? can it only perform in perfect batting conditions?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its almost as if someone wrote the script perfectly in favor of SA for this game. It rains before the game, at the start of the game, and then at the start, Smith wins the toss and puts India in in overcast conditions (it was overcast, with lots of moisture/dampness and green pitch, etc) and India folded up in a day, and then just before SA were about to start batting, all the sunshine came in full flow and completely baked the pitch and SA helped themselves to those generous offerings. I still put it down to the starting troubles that our team always faces. No amount of warm up will help us get rid of this trouble. We have had warmups in many overseas tours before, and yet we always struggle in the opening game. A warm up never gives you a feel of the actual test match pressure and setting.

It would be luck and miracle if India survive to a draw from here. If Zaheer cant be fit for Durban, he might as well be packed off back home. Ishant and Sreesanth can never be spearheads in their life. After Zaheer, who will be our spearhead to take the attack forward? Very bad signs for the future.

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

When you're the # 1 team you shouldn't bring up such excuses and be able to play in all conditions. That is what teams like Australia did when they were # 1 for so long. I thought India had the best batting line up? can it only perform in perfect batting conditions?

We are not competing with the Australian XI that was No.1 some ages back. Right now, we are close to the top position in test cricket as far as competing with other teams in the current time. If SA can win this series, they will prove that they are Number one because India have to beat SA and Australia in their home conditions to prove that they are No.1 and this series defeat (if it happens) will prove otherwise.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
One of the Indians needs to pull a Hanif Mohammad to save this one.

Man, I just love watching Steyn and Morkel bowl :D Definitely the best pace pair I've seen since the 2 W's (although A&A came close).

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

We are not competing with the Australian XI that was No.1 some ages back. Right now, we are close to the top position in test cricket as far as competing with other teams in the current time. If SA can win this series, they will prove that they are Number one because India have to beat SA and Australia in their home conditions to prove that they are No.1 and this series defeat (if it happens) will prove otherwise.

I know you are not competing with Australia that was # 1. The point is that people shouldn't bring up the excuse of the conditions, especially when you are on top of the table and claim to have the best batting lineup.

It's not as if India did not know that they were going to face these swinging/seaming conditions when they come to South Africa. It is Indian Cricket board's fault that they did not schedule any practice matches for such a crucial series.

I'm pretty sure a couple of practice games against South African domestic teams would have been more useful instead of playing 5 ODI's against NZ.

Users who are viewing this thread