India's tour of Australia - January 2016

PokerAce

Banned
In all of the excitement the ball that Yuvi hit for a six was a big no ball.

CaC7xTQWwAA8A7w.jpg

It was 7 from 4 at this point, with No Ball not being called. Should have been 6 from 5 !!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yes finally these both did it! My mind was really getting angry at Yuvi but the heart always kept saying he can do it. And he did. Really happy for him, hopefully will come good in the coming matches. And Raina what an innings he has played. Showing why he should always be selected in a limited overs side, be it T20I or ODI.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
In all of the excitement the ball that Yuvi hit for a six was a big no ball.

CaC7xTQWwAA8A7w.jpg

It was 7 from 4 at this point, with No Ball not being called. Should have been 6 from 5 !!

To be honest he should of been given caught behind much earlier so I'm sure it all balances out :D. Aussies probably didn't want him out given how he was going at the time!

(Being a pacer and his foot being flat are you sure the initial contact wasn't behind anyway?)

PokerAce

Banned
To be honest he should of been given caught behind much earlier so I'm sure it all balances out :D. Aussies probably didn't want him out given how he was going at the time!

(Being a pacer and his foot being flat are you sure the initial contact wasn't behind anyway?)

Not making a big deal of it, wouldn't have even if India lost as these days Umps check for NO Balls only when wickets fall. That was the only reason to post this. Yeah from the replay it does look over the line, and yeah it cud be that the initial point of foot landing could have been behind the line, and the foot slid over eventually.[DOUBLEPOST=1454242512][/DOUBLEPOST]Fantastic gesture from Dhoni to give the trophy to Pandaya Bumrah and Rishi Dhawan to hold first. Their first trophy wearing the Blue.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well Deon Raina, what a finish. Even Yuvi, did his job, for a while it looked like he was in World T20 2014 mode.[DOUBLEPOST=1454240816][/DOUBLEPOST]Incidentally India now the #1 T20 side in the world after this win.

We were on 8th Position when series started.:spy

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ratings in ODI are okay enough to understand though. But T20I ratings, pathetic! I'm still not sure how we suddenly managed to go at top after 3-0 series win from 8th rank before it started.

Ed: Perhaps, the low activity in T20 International fixture could be a reason behind a team taking such huge jump in the rankings table. But that still doesn't make any sense. It was just one series (a whitewash to host team) and we just leaped by 7 positions, saying the rest fukc off! :lol

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
rankings are always pointless in almost all forms of life!

still i would say ind are looking pretty good at the moment for the WC!

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Thing is, the top 8 teams hardly had small gap between them in points with WI in the top. All the teams were very close in rankings. So, India managed to go forward.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
still i would say ind are looking pretty good at the moment for the WC!
Yeah. Even if we ignore ratings and all those numbers, the chemistry of current Indian T20 squad can not be changed or broken. One thing can not be denied that we're in a great shape with world championship approaching ahead.

By the way, I saw this T20 series win as an incredible comeback of us in ages of limited over cricket. We were 4-0 down at one stage in this tour and that Sydney ODI just happened to change the course of this tournament. We were inspired by it later on and we backed to level this tour 4-4 (in overall limited over matches), amazingly. Well, that's a better achievement to enjoy than believing these dud ratings. Of course, not every team manages to produce such stunner in a tournament.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Rankings are pointless but surely our team isnt. We are one of the strongest contenders of WC with our batting and spinners in rhythm. Only England will be able to give us fight with their new team.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Great scenes out there!! That first ball 4 from Yuvi off the final over jogged back memories of Durban 2007 where Yuvi unleashed that now famous flick off Stuart Broad. Only difference here, it was just a four. Raina and Yuvi have been pillars for India in limited overs cricket, and they have so many great memories associated with them. Especially their celebrations after a victory or after any big milestone achieved (by themselves or by other teammates) is a joy to watch. Both of them coming into form is a massive boost for India ahead of the T20 World Cup.

Dare I say, we are favorites for the tournament with the form that we have put ourselves into. Dhoni also seemed unusually chirpy (he couldn't stop smiling when Yuvi got Maxwell's wicket:D). After a disappointing ODI series, this was a great win and that too in a T20 World Cup year. To me, the team is settled. Almost same squad for the tournament, including Yuvraj.

PokerAce

Banned
Like everyone I am also pleased with the fight the team showed in the 2nd half of the tour. Just a word of caution though, let's all remember that we beat an Australia side who were fielding their 4th string bowling line up and for a large part their 2nd string batting line up.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I wonder how many Yuvi Jokes were deleted from twitter, after the final over.
To be honest, Yuvi is the best all-rounder India has produced in the previous 16 years. I can't believe that many Indians have easily forgotten his efforts in the 2007 World Twenty20 and 2011 Cricket World Cup.

But wait till He retires. Every Indian will be like... [HASHTAG]#YuviDeservesFarewell[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#ForgottenHero[/HASHTAG]

Users who are viewing this thread