India's tour of Australia - January 2016

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Rankings are pointless but surely our team isnt. We are one of the strongest contenders of WC with our batting and spinners in rhythm. Only England will be able to give us fight with their new team.

Have you seen the West Indies squad?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
To be honest, Yuvi is the best all-rounder India has produced in the previous 16 years. I can't believe that many Indians have easily forgotten his efforts in the 2007 World Twenty20 and 2011 Cricket World Cup.

But wait till He retires. Every Indian will be like... [HASHTAG]#YuviDeservesFarewell[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#ForgottenHero[/HASHTAG]

Yuvi was woefully out of form and that is what led to his axing from the Indian team. Since his return back from cancer treatment, he looked out of sorts, totally devoid of energy (on the field and even otherwise, in batting, etc.) and all that led to his downfall. Even in the IPL, he looked down (barring 1-2 innings). To his credit, he has recovered during the domestic tournaments and therefore is brought back into the team. And also more so now since the World T20 is happening in India where Yuvi's spin can be very handy. The very fact that Raina and Dhoni often come ahead of Yuvi tells you how much Yuvi has fallen. Even today, he looked out of touch till those two shots which brought the life back into his game and memories into his fan's minds.

Indians haven't forgotten his heroics in those two tournaments. But that doesn't mean India is obliged to carry him around forever.

grkrama

National Board President
I think bumrah may be the 'Find' atleast for limited overs, just hope we use him wisely, dont push him to tests early let him work at domestic level and get ready for it!

Also one of the things thats been bugging me is how bhuvi has totally lost the swing, many of our bowlers seem to go through this when they get into intl level they are pretty good with swing and actually get more wkts with it than pace but then it totally disappears, case in point bhuvi, pathan esp pathan more than his pace drop i feel the lack of his prodigious swing is what hurt him most, same can be said for praveen kumar etc!

I can understand one loosing pace, it happens as you age or injury due to work load, how does one loose a technique that has generated swing through out their career to the extent they look totally different?

grkrama

National Board President
Have you seen the West Indies squad?

I think ashwin will be enough to keep most of their batsman quiet! I would say bravo n samuels may be the best card for them atleast against ind against other teams they do have a strong gayle!

Also has narine been cleared hope they dont mar t20WC again with the controversy with his actions need a definitive answer on him either he is chucking or not!

unless we have a bad day i would like to think we would come on top in a tough match against WI, but this being t20 dont think form or team matters much on the given day!

I would also have picked dwayne smith in WI squad!

Given the conditions i would say pak have a strong team too, if they get their combo right!

Last edited:

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
International Debut and comeback 2 hardest thing to do.
Level of nervousness is too damn high.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think ashwin will be enough to keep most of their batsman quiet! I would say bravo n samuels may be the best card for them atleast against ind against other teams they do have a strong gayle!

Also has narine been cleared hope they dont mar t20WC again with the controversy with his actions need a definitive answer on him either he is chucking or not!

unless we have a bad day i would like to think we would come on top in a tough match against WI, but this being t20 dont think form or team matters much on the given day!

I would also have picked dwayne smith in WI squad!

Given the conditions i would say pak have a strong team too, if they get their combo right!
Dwayne Smith has been off color for long. His technique is as shoddy as there can be. It is good that we picked up 3 spinners who will be our main card on subcontinent pitches. Narine has made necessary changes to his action and should be good to go. However, I would have loved to have Bishoo in place of Badree. Badree has been hop on hop off to playing competitive cricket since he got a contract in Australia as a coach while Bishoo has been doing exceedingly well. For keeper's choice, it will be a toss between Ramdin and Fletcher. Fletcher is obvious a better batsman but Ramdin scores points with his glovework and with the number of people we have who can bat good, I think Ramdin will be in final XI particularly because we would also need to have better keeper on a spinning surface. I would also admit that I am surprised to see Sammy back in. Yes, he has all the potential, talent and skill in the world but he has not done enough to be back. Carlos Brathwaite would have been a much better bet but I think the selectors has trusted him for his experience. I feel we are a seamer short too. May be someone like Santokie in place of Simmons would have added the options and the variety for him being a lefty to the mix but anyway. This is a squad I feel can at least make it to the semis even if they do not play to their 100% potential.

I think the ideal XI would be:

Chris Gayle
Darren Bravo
Marlon Samuels
Dwayne Bravo
Keiron Pollard
Andre Russell
Denesh Ramdin
Jason Holder
Sunil Narine
Jerome Taylor
Samuel Badree

I know Dwayne has opened in the past for WI but he has not looked at his best so his Darren has take that position from him. He can do the second fiddle's job allowing Gayle to play his flurry of shots. One thing that we definitely need to improve his running between the wickets. We hardly run. Our players can clear the longest boundary in the world but are very lazy to run which came back to haunt us in the last ICC tournament. We would not want to repeat that again.

grkrama

National Board President
Dwayne Smith has been off color for long. His technique is as shoddy as there can be.

Didnt know he was off color of late, and despite his poor technique he did get a lot of rapid fire starts in IPL also especially good against spin but if he isnt in form not going to help the team much though!

Ya i would also reckon WI would almost surely take a SF spot unless they have a very bad tournament!

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Didnt know he was off color of late, and despite his poor technique he did get a lot of rapid fire starts in IPL also especially good against spin but if he isnt in form not going to help the team much though!

Ya i would also reckon WI would almost surely take a SF spot unless they have a very bad tournament!
Good against spinners? You might be talking about dart bowlers not the ones who actually spins the ball. It is all very well known that Smith struggles against incoming delivery from a military medium or a spin bowler. 9/10 he will miss it or get out. Similar thing with Gayle. You need a right arm fast bowler who can bowl on just short of good length and swing across him. You will see that he is late on withdrawing his bat in time. Ajit Agarkar of India used to trouble him much with that sort of bowling. For some reason not many have been doing that which meant Gayle unleashing his shots. The last time I saw someone bowling to him the line I am talking about was B. Kumar in IPL but I guess he ain't no good anymore, is he?

On a sidenote, we should continue this discussion in the appropriate thread.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Yuvi was woefully out of form and that is what led to his axing from the Indian team. Since his return back from cancer treatment, he looked out of sorts, totally devoid of energy (on the field and even otherwise, in batting, etc.) and all that led to his downfall. Even in the IPL, he looked down (barring 1-2 innings). To his credit, he has recovered during the domestic tournaments and therefore is brought back into the team. And also more so now since the World T20 is happening in India where Yuvi's spin can be very handy. The very fact that Raina and Dhoni often come ahead of Yuvi tells you how much Yuvi has fallen. Even today, he looked out of touch till those two shots which brought the life back into his game and memories into his fan's minds.

Indians haven't forgotten his heroics in those two tournaments. But that doesn't mean India is obliged to carry him around forever.
Okay, that's not what I meant. If He's not performing then don't keep him in the team. Give him a farewell and send him off like He deserves it.

But when He played just one bad innings, many Indians disrespected him by throwing stones/pebbles on his house.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
But when He played just one bad innings, many Indians disrespected him by throwing stones/pebbles on his house.

Many Indians? You mean the 2 guys out of a billion of us?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
2 guys? The media here reported that there were 200 of You?

Really ? The "reports" said: some youth in 2 cars caused chaos outside Yuvi's house. They must have had some monstrous cars to fit 200 people

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Really ? The "reports" said: some youth in 2 cars caused chaos outside Yuvi's house. They must have had some monstrous cars to fit 200 people
I dunno then. It's still pretty shameful. Pakistan lost badly to West Indies and got knocked out, yet we didn't even criticise them.

grkrama

National Board President
. Pakistan lost badly to West Indies and got knocked out, yet we didn't even criticise them.

ummmm...taken it in the stride have we :p
Pakistani fans in the south-eastern city of Multan hold a mock funeral after the record-shattering defeat at the hands of the West Indies. Residents organise a symbolic funeral procession, replete with a coffin with several cricket bats placed over it.

“This time we were really hoping for Pakistan to win,” Shama Bibi, one of those taking part, tells AFP. “We don’t want to watch this anymore.”

000_Del6394929_w504.jpg

Pakistan in ICC Cricket World Cup 2015: Timeline of Pakistan’s controversial run - Latest Cricket News, Articles & Videos at CricketCountry.com

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Pakistanis-stage-mock-funeral-for-cricket-team-after-defeat

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys

Users who are viewing this thread