Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

N/A

Wed Jul 6 - Sun Jul 10

3rd Test - West Indies v India
Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Smart choice by the windies to have 1st two test on their two most bounciest wickets in Jamaica & Barbados.

If they get Taylor & Edwards back to support Roach. Along with Sammy not being captain. Presuming India loses in South Africa, they would have a good chance of winning this series with a full strenght side.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Ideally, the West Indies team should have toured us. I believe we toured them recently. In fact, we had two tours to the West Indies after the 07 World Cup-one of which was a full tour,the other being a 4 match ODI tour.

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
Ideally, the West Indies team should have toured us. I believe we toured them recently. In fact, we had two tours to the West Indies after the 07 World Cup-one of which was a full tour,the other being a 4 match ODI tour.

WI is touring India around September next year

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Smart choice by the windies to have 1st two test on their two most bounciest wickets in Jamaica & Barbados.

Sabina park might offer something to the bowlers but Kensington Oval has been as flat as any wicket in the world. Ramdin made 150+ and Sarwan 250+ on that wicket.

Last full tour that India had in the Caribbean was in 2006, and since then India haven't had a full tour of WI.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
But since then when did West Indies tour India?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The last West Indies tour to India was in Jan 2007. This was an ODI tour which we won 3-1.

Not surprisingly, the last full tour by a West Indian side to India took place in Oct-Nov 2002 :eek: , where India won the Tests 2-0 and lost the ODI's 4-3.

BlueString

School Cricketer
I personally like it being in West Indies, it gives them a fighting chance. I don't want to see 3-0 India, I want to see the revival of cricket in the Windies.

I hope India win the series of course, but 2-1 would be ideal.

P

pcfan123

lol Windies have no chance. Their pitches are just as flat as the sub continent and India will demolish them. The only good thing will be seeing the Sehwag vs Roach and hopefully Taylor or Edmonds if they can get their ████ sorted

War

Chairman of Selectors
Sabina park might offer something to the bowlers but Kensington Oval has been as flat as any wicket in the world. Ramdin made 150+ and Sarwan 250+ on that wicket..

I dont think thats fair assesment of the Kensington Oval to be fair. No doubt its nothing like the "fortress Kensington" of a pitch like it was during the 70, 80s, 90s.

But of this decade since 2000 more traditional bouncy Barbados test pitches have existed rather flat pitches such as these:

- vs IND 2002
- Vs ENG 04 (when Hoggard took that hat-trick)
- vs SA 05
- VS PAK 06
- vs AUS 08 (although it got real flat as the test went on)
- SA 2010

Plus the recent T20 WC matches on the ground had wonderful bounce.

The only year when the pitch @ Barbados that was really flat as the 2009 test vs England when Sars & Ramdin made those runs. Was the 2003 test vs AUS, when i remember Steeve Waugh calling it one of the worst pitches he had played on.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I dont think thats fair assesment of the Kensington Oval to be fair. No doubt its nothing like the "fortress Kensington" of a pitch like it was during the 70, 80s, 90s.

But of this decade since 2000 more traditional bouncy Barbados test pitches have existed rather flat pitches such as these:

- vs IND 2002
- Vs ENG 04 (when Hoggard took that hat-trick)
- vs SA 05
- VS PAK 06
- vs AUS 08 (although it got real flat as the test went on)
- SA 2010

Plus the recent T20 WC matches on the ground had wonderful bounce.

The only year when the pitch @ Barbados that was really flat as the 2009 test vs England when Sars & Ramdin made those runs. Was the 2003 test vs AUS, when i remember Steeve Waugh calling it one of the worst pitches he had played on.

the problem with Kensington is that they hardly play any local game here now since the Kensington ground was rebuild.
Before it was home of the Pickwick in the Barbados domestic competition, now only the finals are played there. the oval is been use for many other things than Cricket nowadays.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I still remember the Barbados test during 1998 when India crumbled to 81 all out whilst chasing 120. The pitch then was really fast and bouncy. Also, you guys had the greats of Walsh and Ambrose still playing for you.

relentless_rock

Club Cricketer
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread