No Requests Intelligent Designs: Update: PSL, SA domestic, IND WC Kit, IND domestic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 185125

@wasteyouryouth There seems to be something wrong with the Wills logo in the Wankhede stadium. Not sure if it's at my end. Could you please check?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@wasteyouryouth There seems to be something wrong with the Wills logo in the Wankhede stadium. Not sure if it's at my end. Could you please check?
Just had a look. If you mean the one that's in the last logo slot, that just says Wills, that would be the field logo. I attached that to the stadium, so the logo would download, if people wanted to use it for the 1996 effect by replacing the Oppo field logo. It will look odd used as an adboard. The adboards need to be stretched and the field logos flattened to look most effective.

There is a 'wills wc adboard' shared under my academy ID if you want a separate one.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
There appears to be logos missing from a few of your shared teams. Noticed for Yorkshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Trinbago and a few others. It shows on the Academy

EDIT: They download fine.

D

Deleted member 185125

Just had a look. If you mean the one that's in the last logo slot, that just says Wills, that would be the field logo. I attached that to the stadium, so the logo would download, if people wanted to use it for the 1996 effect by replacing the Oppo field logo. It will look odd used as an adboard. The adboards need to be stretched and the field logos flattened to look most effective.

There is a 'wills wc adboard' shared under my academy ID if you want a separate one.
This is what I was referring to. The wills adboard. Looks shrinked. Not sure if it's something wrong at my end.
IMG_20180808_192010.jpg

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I've shared updates to my version of the CPL teams (apart from Barbados - I'll do their kit when they get off their arses and play a match).

Kits for 2018
Squads for 2018
Stadiums updated with adboards (specific for club/West Indies)
Player tweaks and appearances updated

I've tried to re-use/overwrite/improve logos but have also created some new ones. If you are struggling with logo space, my suggestion would be to have a look at deleting existing logos before downloading.
ltaJrYQ.png

Awesome update so are you going to be doing the international teams and stuff as well and I was just asking because your update is so detailed @wasteyouryouth
Not sure what I'm going to do next. Working on a couple of things. I may do some kind of update to international teams.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've shared updates to my version of the CPL teams (apart from Barbados - I'll do their kit when they get off their arses and play a match).

Kits for 2018
Squads for 2018
Stadiums updated with adboards (specific for club/West Indies)
Player tweaks and appearances updated

I've tried to re-use/overwrite/improve logos but have also created some new ones. If you are struggling with logo space, my suggestion would be to have a look at deleting existing logos before downloading.
ltaJrYQ.png

Not sure what I'm going to do next. Working on a couple of things. I may do some kind of update to international teams.
Great work as usual mate, hopefully I have enough logo space to download them!

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Barbados Tridents shared. Same updates as the above. Managed to get the badge into one file, whereas previously it had been two. So again, you might want to delete them 'Tridents' should bring them up, the old kit was shared as just custom, there was a chefette logo, two logos for Build Stronger and a Jet Blue logo that are no longer used.
xcstQGt.png

Great work as usual mate, hopefully I have enough logo space to download them!
If you post those names again I can have a look at the faces btw. Didn't have time to reply earlier but saw your message.

D

Deleted member 185125

@wasteyouryouth Great work mate. Hope you could do the same the International teams as well. Will definitely help in reducing the logos associated. I guess some of the team needs to be updated as well. I will check and let you know.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Barbados Tridents shared. Same updates as the above. Managed to get the badge into one file, whereas previously it had been two. So again, you might want to delete them 'Tridents' should bring them up, the old kit was shared as just custom, there was a chefette logo, two logos for Build Stronger and a Jet Blue logo that are no longer used.
xcstQGt.png

If you post those names again I can have a look at the faces btw. Didn't have time to reply earlier but saw your message.
Thanks mate, wasn't sure if I should post it considering the 'no requests' in the title of the thread. Anyway the names of the players are Sam Truloff, Johnathon Dalton, Conor McInerney, Luke Robins, Harry Nielsen, Patrick Page, Mackenzie Harvey, Liam Guthrie, Nick Bertus, Jack Prestwidge and Josh Philippe. Think that's all of them just a reminder that they are all Australian Domestic players btw, thanks for helping as usual! :cheers

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Thanks mate, wasn't sure if I should post it considering the 'no requests' in the title of the thread. Anyway the names of the players are Sam Truloff, Johnathon Dalton, Conor McInerney, Luke Robins, Harry Nielsen, Patrick Page, Mackenzie Harvey, Liam Guthrie, Nick Bertus, Jack Prestwidge and Josh Philippe. Think that's all of them just a reminder that they are all Australian Domestic players btw, thanks for helping as usual! :cheers
I've had a crack and shared them. Some are updates to your originals, some are updates to on-disk players, so you might want to keep an eye out for any duplicates.

If you search my username and limit it to the last day they should be the only players that show up.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I've had a crack and shared them. Some are updates to your originals, some are updates to on-disk players, so you might want to keep an eye out for any duplicates.

If you search my username and limit it to the last day they should be the only players that show up.
Downloaded the players not too long ago mate and what can I say, brilliant job as usual on the faces of the players much better than my attempt at them. I really don't know how you are so good at doing player's faces really fantastic job. By the way I'm wondering if you can do another couple of player faces for me, Johnathon Merlo, Eamonn Vines and Tom O'Connell who are all from Victoria. Again thanks it's much appreciated.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Downloaded the players not too long ago mate and what can I say, brilliant job as usual on the faces of the players much better than my attempt at them. I really don't know how you are so good at doing player's faces really fantastic job. By the way I'm wondering if you can do another couple of player faces for me, Johnathon Merlo, Eamonn Vines and Tom O'Connell who are all from Victoria. Again thanks it's much appreciated.
I've shared these too.

I think I am blessed with a good eye and cursed with being a perfectionist, so I probably spend way more time doing most faces than others might. I did a lot when the game was first released so I got used to using the academy and what each option did. I also think it's easier doing it on PC.

Not talking about yours, but generally, the big errors I see when looking at faces are:

• People don't realise that copying a 2D face-on photo doesn't transfer well on to a 3D head. So many players look OK, but when you rotate them they look like they've walked into a brick wall. I always try to get at least a face on and some kind of side view of a player so you can judge the depth of noses, jaws etc. Noses seem to really cause the biggest problem for people. Also face on photo isn't necessarily taken at the same angle as you see in the editor (the camera may be elevated or below).
  • Equating blonde hair with being yellow. I don't go past 20-22 on the top colour bar and then adjust the lower two, a lot of blondes or light browns I see on the academy look almost green.
  • People don't have the time, or are too lazy, to play around with all the editing options. There are so many slight tweaks that can improve a face a lot and just messing around means you can work out what each one does.
  • Not using the right default face, not that they have to but it does help a lot. To my best knowledge, and this is based on the in game descriptions not my own racial profiling: 1 = caucasian, 2 = afro caribbean, 3 = asian (although, when you create a new player it's more of a South Asian but often already created players it looks more East Asian, I still use this for the majority of players of Indian origin), 4 = Pacific Islander, 5/6 = Middle Eastern and Pakistani.
  • Another good trick is, if you see someone who looks a little like someone else, just copy their appearance and make smaller adjustments rather than trying to completely recreate from scratch. It does change height and kit too but those can be adjusted easily enough.
  • Sometimes I have used the option of importing an overlay. If not for creating a perfect copy it can help in getting the position of key features (eyes, nose, mouth, ears) in the right place. This is just an example, cause Bairstow is licensed, but I'll just get a photo, mark the key features and maybe other areas like eyebrows. It's easier to see when it's imported. Although, I expect the overlay option is probably limited to PC users. The editor isn't perfect but you can do a lot.

p0EG9Ur.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread