No Requests Intelligent Designs: Update: PSL, SA domestic, IND WC Kit, IND domestic

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've shared these too.

I think I am blessed with a good eye and cursed with being a perfectionist, so I probably spend way more time doing most faces than others might. I did a lot when the game was first released so I got used to using the academy and what each option did. I also think it's easier doing it on PC.

Not talking about yours, but generally, the big errors I see when looking at faces are:

• People don't realise that copying a 2D face-on photo doesn't transfer well on to a 3D head. So many players look OK, but when you rotate them they look like they've walked into a brick wall. I always try to get at least a face on and some kind of side view of a player so you can judge the depth of noses, jaws etc. Noses seem to really cause the biggest problem for people. Also face on photo isn't necessarily taken at the same angle as you see in the editor (the camera may be elevated or below).
  • Equating blonde hair with being yellow. I don't go past 20-22 on the top colour bar and then adjust the lower two, a lot of blondes or light browns I see on the academy look almost green.
  • People don't have the time, or are too lazy, to play around with all the editing options. There are so many slight tweaks that can improve a face a lot and just messing around means you can work out what each one does.
  • Not using the right default face, not that they have to but it does help a lot. To my best knowledge, and this is based on the in game descriptions not my own racial profiling: 1 = caucasian, 2 = afro caribbean, 3 = asian (although, when you create a new player it's more of a South Asian but often already created players it looks more East Asian, I still use this for the majority of players of Indian origin), 4 = Pacific Islander, 5/6 = Middle Eastern and Pakistani.
  • Another good trick is, if you see someone who looks a little like someone else, just copy their appearance and make smaller adjustments rather than trying to completely recreate from scratch. It does change height and kit too but those can be adjusted easily enough.
  • Sometimes I have used the option of importing an overlay. If not for creating a perfect copy it can help in getting the position of key features (eyes, nose, mouth, ears) in the right place. This is just an example, cause Bairstow is licensed, but I'll just get a photo, mark the key features and maybe other areas like eyebrows. It's easier to see when it's imported. Although, I expect the overlay option is probably limited to PC users. The editor isn't perfect but you can do a lot.

p0EG9Ur.png
Thanks again mate!

You probably saw my versions of those Australian Domestic players that I asked you to do the faces of and thought "God there awful" because to be completely honest I thought I did a pretty poor job with basically all those players.

I did those faces though like back in April not too long after I got the game and since then I have done a lot more faces and I believe I have improved a lot in doing them.

As you may have noticed about a month back I did faces for about half the English Domestic Teams which you had not done yet at that time. I also had to create a few players and update appearances for a few players too in the Zimbabwe Domestic, Bangladesh Domestic, CPL teams etc.

Of course once you had done the English Domestic teams the other week I straight away downloaded them with updated uniforms, logos and stadiums.

I also individually looked through players and compared my versions to your versions of the players faces. Probably around half of the players I replaced their faces with your versions because I believed they looked better or most realistic than mine but there was a majority of the players that I kept with the faces I had done because I had spent a long time (as in 15-20 minutes) on the faces of some players to get them as perfect as I could and I didn't want that time to be wasted for nothing and I also liked the look of some of the faces of my players better than yours, no offense because you are the face king!

One of the main issues I have with people doing faces for players is the hair colour like you said, with blonde hair a lot of people seem to make it look like a yellow colour and some people make black hair too light so it looks grey.

I also find people don't position face features in the right position or the right size at that. But let's face it not everyone's great at everything (or as good as you!) and the majority of people just want to play the game, like actual games say for example the Ashes series or the most popular mode' -'Career Mode'. So I don't really blame them but it would be nice if people take more time, care and interest in doing the faces to the best of their ability like you do, so the faces look half decent at the very least.

I personally would like to play more of career modes, tours, tournaments etc. but I also enjoy making stuff in the academy like players faces, because I want to be playing the game with up to date and great looking 'stuff'.

Sorry for taking up your time to read this message but in conclusion I would personally on behalf of everyone like to thank you and @Llewelynf in particular for your brilliant work on teams, logos, uniforms, bats, stadiums, players and whatever else. Thanks for making our games so great to play with great looking stuff, I certainly think everyone appreciates you guys hard and tireless work in doing everything you've done. Take a bow fellas!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Thanks again mate!

You probably saw my versions of those Australian Domestic players that I asked you to do the faces of and thought "God there awful" because to be completely honest I thought I did a pretty poor job with basically all those players.

I did those faces though like back in April not too long after I got the game and since then I have done a lot more faces and I believe I have improved a lot in doing them.

As you may have noticed about a month back I did faces for about half the English Domestic Teams which you had not done yet at that time. I also had to create a few players and update appearances for a few players too in the Zimbabwe Domestic, Bangladesh Domestic, CPL teams etc.

Of course once you had done the English Domestic teams the other week I straight away downloaded them with updated uniforms, logos and stadiums.

I also individually looked through players and compared my versions to your versions of the players faces. Probably around half of the players I replaced their faces with your versions because I believed they looked better or most realistic than mine but there was a majority of the players that I kept with the faces I had done because I had spent a long time (as in 15-20 minutes) on the faces of some players to get them as perfect as I could and I didn't want that time to be wasted for nothing and I also liked the look of some of the faces of my players better than yours, no offense because you are the face king!

One of the main issues I have with people doing faces for players is the hair colour like you said, with blonde hair a lot of people seem to make it look like a yellow colour and some people make black hair too light so it looks grey.

I also find people don't position face features in the right position or the right size at that. But let's face it not everyone's great at everything (or as good as you!) and the majority of people just want to play the game, like actual games say for example the Ashes series or the most popular mode' -'Career Mode'. So I don't really blame them but it would be nice if people take more time, care and interest in doing the faces to the best of their ability like you do, so the faces look half decent at the very least.

I personally would like to play more of career modes, tours, tournaments etc. but I also enjoy making stuff in the academy like players faces, because I want to be playing the game with up to date and great looking 'stuff'.

Sorry for taking up your time to read this message but in conclusion I would personally on behalf of everyone like to thank you and @Llewelynf in particular for your brilliant work on teams, logos, uniforms, bats, stadiums, players and whatever else. Thanks for making our games so great to play with great looking stuff, I certainly think everyone appreciates you guys hard and tireless work in doing everything you've done. Take a bow fellas!
I've been going back and redoing some of the ones I did back when the game came out and I'm thinking 'did I even do this cause it's awful!'
Absolutely no offence taken if you want to use your versions or any others. The more choice the better, I say.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I have updated the Sri Lanka domestic sides in line with the 4-day and one day Super Provincial tournaments.

Dambulla replace Kurunegala from the on-disk teams.

There is no Hambantota team but I have added some uncontracted Sri Lankan players to the roster and a one day kit (delete if you don't want).

Stadiums added
Kits for One Day
Faces all done
Bats assigned where possible
New players added.
Z8hSwLo.png

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have updated the Sri Lanka domestic sides in line with the 4-day and one day Super Provincial tournaments.

Dambulla replace Kurunegala from the on-disk teams.

There is no Hambantota team but I have added some uncontracted Sri Lankan players to the roster and a one day kit (delete if you don't want).

Stadiums added
Kits for One Day
Faces all done
Bats assigned where possible
New players added.
Z8hSwLo.png
Damn, I literally have no logo space left only room for 12 more logos which is disappointing considering I would have liked to download these teams, look brilliant by the way!

Maybe I'll download the teams without logos so I can just get updated squads, lineups, player appearances etc.

How much logos do each of these teams contain by the way?

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Damn, I literally have no logo space left only room for 12 more logos which is disappointing considering I would have liked to download these teams, look brilliant by the way!

Maybe I'll download the teams without logos so I can just get updated squads, lineups, player appearances etc.

How much logos do each of these teams contain by the way?
Excluding reused ones from the national team, probably four (kit + team logos) plus Sri Lankans adboards which might only be two or three and used across the teams.

So, I had a little experiment using the Hambantota kit and reshared that with a version of the logos that are basically blank. I've added them to the others teams and adjusted the shirt base colours. It was what I was originally going to do, and now I've done it probably what I'll use. So they'll basically all have the same kit design with colour differences.

I've reshared the other teams with the added logos, they are hidden in the kit design. But if you just delete the teams specific logos, the generic ones I used for Hambantota should just be there and you won't notice much difference.

And as Hambantota is a just a made up kit, if anyone doesn't like the yellow, it can easily be changed by editing the base colour of the shirt.

Kn60iQS.png

lasanyk

School Cricketer
Hi Waste,

Thank you for the Sri Lankan Provincial Teams. They look really good.

Could you update the squad and kits as to the new T20 tournament?

Some Snips for squads and kits(?, looks more like just a t-shirt for the press-conference) below.

upload_2018-8-21_19-34-37.png

upload_2018-8-21_19-35-23.png

upload_2018-8-21_19-34-8.png

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Hi Waste,

Thank you for the Sri Lankan Provincial Teams. They look really good.

Could you update the squad and kits as to the new T20 tournament?

Some Snips for squads and kits(?, looks more like just a t-shirt for the press-conference) below.

View attachment 212116

View attachment 212117

View attachment 212115
I have reshared with the T20 kits added. I haven't updated the squads (apart from a couple of players) because there is some cross over of players.

Ramz

International Coach
Great kits mate, can you make the new Pak ODI kit they are using in asia cup. Ive attached photos for reference. Would appreciate it if you can

Attachments

• 15E8E638-D0FC-4B1A-8A35-69A5B536627E.jpeg
    15E8E638-D0FC-4B1A-8A35-69A5B536627E.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 2511DADB-8400-43A6-B9BC-E6A4857D900A.jpeg
    2511DADB-8400-43A6-B9BC-E6A4857D900A.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread