No Requests Intelligent Designs: Update: PSL, SA domestic, IND WC Kit, IND domestic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
New shares:

Afghanistan
Papua New Guinea

Player names, player types, temporary kits and line ups

I think between me and @Llewelynf that's all international teams shared to some extent.

Now starting on the India domestic teams.
Sri Lanka and Pakistan?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Quick question: How are we matching on disk generic players to their real life equivalent, as I have read the attributes of players can be very wrong, left right handedness, birthdate, etc....any "full proof" method of going about this, i would like to tackle the SA domestic squads...

Pat

International Coach
Quick question: How are we matching on disk generic players to their real life equivalent, as I have read the attributes of players can be very wrong, left right handedness, birthdate, etc....any "full proof" method of going about this, i would like to tackle the SA domestic squads...

The way I did it for Mumbai Indians is using the DBC 17 "updated" squads with real names as a reference. The roles etc. are still wrong but you can get a fair sense of the player by looking at their first name and last name initials and comparing it to what we have in the DBC17 updated squads.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I hope this is what you're asking about and I'm not being totally patronising:
Initials > Birthdays > Stats

If the initials and birthday matches someone in a squad from cricinfo (reliable) or wikipedia (slightly less reliable) then I'll take that as a good indication.

Looking at the stats is a good way to investigate further, if there's any doubt. If they have stats filled out, try and find something that matches if the person's real life stats have updated.

If they both match Cricinfo as a reliable source, Wikipedia as a slightly less reliable source.

Using DBC17 like @Pat say is a good way.

I'm doing the Indian domestic sides at the moment and I'm just updating names and matching the batting/bowling hand and the bowling type. I have changed some skills but only if a player is not accurately listed in their role (e.g. bowler set as a batsman). However that is for a handful of players that I have seen play in the IPL.

For reference: 20/11/1987 seems to be the 'default' birthday as does 'Australia' for players that have been added. That's where stats help matching to initials. If they have no stats, no birthday then I just leave them I've done everything else.

knockedin

Club Captain
Is it maybe a good idea to try and tackle the New Zealand domestic and Sri Lankan domestic teams before some other less used domestic teams, not because these two are the most popular ones but because their nations are set to Afghanistan meaning a few seasons into career, both NZ's depth and SL's depth would be quite short. Nation changes (and skill changes) aren't reflected mid career unlike name and role changes which will reflect already started careers. Just an idea to get stuck into career's earlier. Also I am happy to contribute to some of the name changes and skill adjustment (Not specific to each player, but just to reduce Sri Lankan domestic skill levels mostly as they are seemingly on the same level if not higher than England domestic and Aus domestic)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Is it maybe a good idea to try and tackle the New Zealand domestic and Sri Lankan domestic teams before some other less used domestic teams, not because these two are the most popular ones but because their nations are set to Afghanistan meaning a few seasons into career, both NZ's depth and SL's depth would be quite short. Nation changes (and skill changes) aren't reflected mid career unlike name and role changes which will reflect already started careers. Just an idea to get stuck into career's earlier. Also I am happy to contribute to some of the name changes and skill adjustment (Not specific to each player, but just to reduce Sri Lankan domestic skill levels mostly as they are seemingly on the same level if not higher than England domestic and Aus domestic)
I believe that @Ramz has updated Sri Lanka domestic players. I am not sure if he has adjusted player nationalities if the on-disk players do not match their real life counterpart.

Personally I haven't touched skill ratings apart from exceptional circumstances, such as Darren Sammy being set to a bowler. I changed him to an all-arounder and increased his batting stats (only the rating I have not gone through and changed them based on his real life style). Other than that I'm personally not going anywhere near changing the skills of other players. This is mainly because I could not accurately skill 90% of them. I've seen Darren Sammy play a lot so I have no problem changing that.

I don't know how others approach this when updating teams. I just don't want to start tweaking a game that is still effectively being improved based on my opinion. In general I try to take the view that when teams are shared it is then open to individual to makes the change they want. I'm not opposed to doing it, but I would sooner have an agreed upon scale to rate players I have never heard of rather than just saying 'he is Sri Lankan so he is not as good as an English player.'

When I was updating names for India last night I did wonder if there needs to be a separate thread for people to provide feedback to provide to creators of teams about errors. There is possibly still a lot of objectively inaccurate data because I am only doing player names and player batting/bowling hands and bowling type.

Sri Lanka and Pakistan?
I've not looked at these, I thought others had. I can have a look today if you'd like.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I just updated the sri lankan national team, i havent touched the domestic sides
Thanks. The reason I think it is worth leaving the domestic teams to last is because I'm fairly sure those teams haven't played for two years. They seem to be the same ones that played a T20 tournament in 2015 or 16 and it wasn't played again in the last 12 months.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Newly shared:

Indian domestic teams
Delhi
Gujarat
Haryana
Himachal Pradesh
Jharkhand
Karantaka
Kerala
Madhya Pradesh
Maharashtra
Services

These are names and batting/bowling styles only. They will have the faces and bats that @Llewelynf did for the Indian national side but nothing else has been done. So if you have edited players yourself then be sure to not choose to download the appearance otherwise faces and bats will be overwritten.

This should also update players in the IPL squads.

I am close to completing other teams. I would like to finish them by tomorrow.

Pat

International Coach
Awesome work. After all your domestic teams are done, I can do the names / roles for the remaining players in all the IPL teams (in case you want to focus on something else).

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Awesome work. After all your domestic teams are done, I can do the names / roles for the remaining players in all the IPL teams (in case you want to focus on something else).
That'd be great @Pat Shouldn't be too many left. If there's any you need help with let me know.

All Indian domestic teams now shared. The last batch:

Andhra
Assam
Baroda
Goa
Hyderabad
Jammu & Kashmir
Mumbai
Railways
Saurashtra
Tamil Nadu
Tripura
Uttar Pradesh
Vidarbha

There were a few players that had no birth date that matched a real life player (the default 20/11/1987 was in place), or stats to help identify them. I have changed them to the person I think is most likely (this is based on Cricinfo and Wikipedia pages for the teams). I think they are very likely to be the right person but I didn't want to share linked players without explaining the reasoning, in case they did turn out to be incorrect.

I have changed their bowling styles and nationality from Australia to India. It isn't guess work, it's process of elimination. The initials match in most cases, in some it may be that a middle name is used. If nobody else can come up with any better ideas for them I will update their details at some point to match the counterparts in real life.

The list is below, sorry for the formatting. It should show:

Team
On Disk Name
Name change

Team

Possible

Andhra

Doogan Nath

Naren Reddy

Assam

Darelin Green

Deepak Gohain

Assam

Arnav Kotze

Rajjakuddin Ahmed

Baroda

Ghulam Modiuddin Seepersaud

Gagandeep Singh (the birth date matches another Gagandeep Singh that is dead).

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-domestic-2017-17/content/player/425812.html

Goa

Herschelle Griffiths

Harshad Hanumant Gadekar

Goa

Ramesh Brown

Rohan Belekar

Hyderabad

Izak Knight

Ibrahim Khaleel

J&K

Malyck Zulu

Mohammed Zaid Wani