International Cricket 2010, Ashes Cricket 2009 Online Play Servers Off

Reports on the PlanetCricket Forums today that International Cricket 2010 is no longer playable online on PS3. In their post, member DNT101 notes correspondence with Codemasters support regarding the inability to play the most recent console cricket title, with support noting that the servers being used for online were ?acquired by another company which has requested to terminate all services with Codemasters?.

At time of writing, International Cricket 2010 was still able to connect to online services on Xbox 360, presumably due to the more centralised servers used for Xbox Live compared to other platforms. PC (and likely PS3) versions of Ashes Cricket 2009 have also lost online connectivity options.

The news comes days after the announcement of Ashes Cricket 2013 ? with Producer Jamie Firth revealing on the PlanetCricket Forums that ?Everything in the game is being completely built from scratch? by International Cricket 2010 developer Trickstar Games in association with new publisher 505games. With the publisher shift following news that Codemasters were shifting their focus towards motor racing games, it seems this is the end of the road for Codemasters long association with Cricket games.

It?s not known at this stage if the announcement of Ashes Cricket 2013 and the new publishing arrangements are a factor in the closure of the online services.

Article by Matt Whitehorn - Read More...

D

Dutch

They are not listening I am afraid. It is over. Just have to hope Ashes13 proves a hit.

6ry4nj

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
This happening at the same time as the AC13 announcement is no coincidence, I think we agree. How involved in the decision to do this are the AC13 people? Even a good new game in 9 months is not worth the loss of online in all previous games forever.

If the AC13 devs and promoters are at all involved in this (and how could they not be), I suggest we threaten to boycott them, so that they know this is unacceptable.

Don't assume this is not reversible - it is. As always, it's just an experiment to see how much contempt for their customers they can get away with.

D

Dutch

This happening at the same time as the AC13 announcement is no coincidence, I think we agree. How involved in the decision to do this are the AC13 people? Even a good new game in 9 months is not worth the loss of online in all previous games forever.

If the AC13 devs and promoters are at all involved in this (and how could they not be), I suggest we threaten to boycott them, so that they know this is unacceptable.

Don't assume this is not reversible - it is. As always, it's just an experiment to see how much contempt for their you customers they can get away with.

Sorry but I think you are barking completely up the wrong gin and tonic. It has to do with other things. Codemasters run the servers. Codemasters is no longer involved with this coming game. To suspect that the present development team is in someway behind this move is absurd. I for one am not into boycotts, except if his first names Geoffery.

Lee1981

International Coach
an experiment to see how much contempt for their customers they can get away with[/B].

Get real

They hardly bothered with the online community for ashes 09

And with ic10 they left us a game that was unplayable online due to a disconnection bug, and they were well informed of that bug but did nothing to fix it in 2 years so good luck with your boycott ! :thumbs

6ry4nj

International Coach
Sorry but I think you are barking completely up the wrong gin and tonic. It has to do with other things. Codemasters run the servers. Codemasters is no longer involved with this coming game. To suspect that the present development team is in someway behind this move is absurd. I for one am not into boycotts, except if his first names Geoffery.
Fair enough - if it is a case of Codies sabotaging their former partners, then forget I spoke (except I hope you'll boycott Codies and I certainly will! :p)

D

Dutch

Fair enough - if it is a case of Codies sabotaging their former partners, then forget I spoke (except I hope you'll boycott Codies and I certainly will! :p)

I will agree with you three million procent that the level of support and communication from Codemasters has been an absolute disgrace over the years and virtually non existent and useless. However I do make a distinction between publishers, who own all the rights and do whatever they like, and the devlopers who are bound foot and mouth to the will of the publisher whether they like it or not. That is why I appreciate the efforts of the devloping team and for that matter the new publishers to be communicative with us. Whether that brings about the game we all yearn for will remain to be seen.

s.suwadith

Club Captain
Their AI was real bad!
But the online feature was good because we had many Tough players to face!
now they have removed that as well!
I would rather uninstall it and wait for AC13

Hitterman

International Coach
Excellent, I didn't played AC09 for a year and now when I installed again and thought of playing a bit of online, I get ----! :facepalm

timchrist984

Club Captain
Their AI was real bad!
But the online feature was good because we had many Tough players to face!
now they have removed that as well!

Umm, IC10 had an epic AI... and a sh*thouse online with the disconnection bug, virtually no players and game set to easy mode. Bit of a fail I must say.

Users who are viewing this thread