International Cricket Captain 2013

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
It's all a bit shambolic, really. First, it doesn't release on time. Before that, apart from a generic features list, there is *absolutely nothing* known about the game. Not even a measly screenshot. The developers website, as of yesterday advertised International Cricket Captain 2012.

And now it is released, and I am perfectly willing to splurge the ridiculous $26 on it when I see that it STILL has no screenshot or any other information than the same old features list, and the website (now updated to reflect ICC 2013) is broken. No $26 for you, developers. Get your ---- together.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's all a bit shambolic, really. First, it doesn't release on time. Before that, apart from a generic features list, there is *absolutely nothing* known about the game. Not even a measly screenshot. The developers website, as of yesterday advertised International Cricket Captain 2012.

And now it is released, and I am perfectly willing to splurge the ridiculous $26 on it when I see that it STILL has no screenshot or any other information than the same old features list, and the website (now updated to reflect ICC 2013) is broken. No $26 for you, developers. Get your ---- together.

The updates on the game's progress were posted on their Facebook page. You don't need to be a member of Facebook to see the page.

There was also this preview on All Out Cricket magazine's website which includes screenshots.

Problems with the website so you can buy the game here and download it from here.

D

Dutch

Unbelievable that they release once again the same tired game for the full amount....will not be buying. Played the demo for 5 minutes. It is just an updated roster for 25 quid.............

D

Dutch

Same tired format for too much money: what are the real added features of the game? No idea. Played the demo for 5 minutes and new then that I wouldn't be playing again or buying the game.

faizangmc

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ya not much changes. But still better than the database updates they used to do earlier. Most notable feature is to play online International matches

A 2nd game will be out which we have to buy separate that will feature new interface and new stadiums and graphics. Better to wait for that than buying two games. Online feature is the best thing i like about this game and international match was a welcome edition

NEW CRICKET CAPTAIN 2013 FEATURES:

? ?All-time greats? series:
- Have you ever wondered how Bradman would have fared against Botham? Play a custom-made international series using all-time-great players.

? Classic England vs. Australia scenarios:
- Play one of five classic test series.

? International on-line:
- By popular demand, you will now be able to play international test, ODI and T20 matches over the internet.
- Improved detection of edited teams in all on-line modes.

? Improved close fielding engine and field-settings:
- Adjustments to the game engine to produce greater realism in close catching and run-scoring.
- Improved animation for close catches and caught/bowled.

? Choose which teams you want to captain: T20, one-day, first-class (or all three) for domestic and international competitions.

? Improvements to international series game modes:
- Select home or away series.
- Option to pick the opposition team (allowing you to replay series as they happened).

? Competition statistics:
- Separate player statistics for current and previous domestic competitions.

? Separate Test, ODI and T20 squads for international fixtures.

Fixtures & Database:

? Updated Fixtures & Database for the 2013 season

Interface & Highlights:

? Completely redesigned interface to provide a beautiful playing experience on all platforms.

? Re-designed and additional stadiums, including different outfield sizes and playing surfaces.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
The updates on the game's progress were posted on their Facebook page. You don't need to be a member of Facebook to see the page.

There was also this preview on All Out Cricket magazine's website which includes screenshots.

Problems with the website so you can buy the game here and download it from here.

Their facebook page has not one screenshot. The preview from the All Out magazine website just has the one picture right above the article title. If those are screenshots, then I'm the king of China. Their own website now has screenshots, but I see no signs of the "completely redesigned interface." In fact the screenshots on the website look nothing like the "screenshots" from the All Out magazine website.

Summary: still no $26 for you, developers.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Same. I saw many people's comments on their facebook page about how they have just released the exact same thing for another 26 bucks. It would have been better if they had release it like an update for people who have bought it last year.

God

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
It would have been better if they had release it like an update for people who have bought it last year.

THIS. I've been saying this for quite a while now! If they aren't going to SIGNIFICANTLY CHANGE THE ENTIRE GAME, they can just release updates to the previous version, and even charge it perhaps. Instead of the $26 they're charging for this - Maybe $5-10 should be good. This would even force people to buy the older version, and give older customers something they'd prefer - An update to an already existing game, and not a new one which looks and feels exactly like the previous one they already own.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, for folks in India, its available only for Rs. 399 (that's ~ $7).

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just purchased it, pretty nice features! :thumbs

xvalerianx

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes very nice overall, few things I would like clarifications on. One is why does a batsman leave the ball outside the off stump so much, even on aggressive mode in t20's. Secondly I played a game with Mumbai Indians where my 2 openers started off real slow with just 45 from 10 overs without any loss that is on aggressive mode most of the time and then I ended up with just 120 from 20 which the Ai chased easily. Did I do something wrong?

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Your thoughts of ICC2013

With ICC2013 Coming Out Any Moment I'm Sure Some People Would Like To Discuss Why They Are/Aren't Buying It.

I For One Am Not Buying It Due To Once Again No SA Domestic

Users who are viewing this thread