International Cricket Captain 2013

Isura

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Unfortunately you can't change formats in middle of game. Also you STILL can't change teams during career. That's a big missing feature

snoekIII

School Cricketer
Why does the game crash after every match i play?? who can i direct this question to? :noway

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Unfortunately you can't change formats in middle of game. Also you STILL can't change teams during career. That's a big missing feature

Spot on! Besides that, I am of the opinion that they should add a feature wherein you get offers from various cricket boards for the coaching job once you get the nod to coach the predecided national team. I believe that will add to fun of managing different team combinations having players with different areas of expertise.

----------

Why does the game crash after every match i play?? who can i direct this question to? :noway

You will want to contact the makers of the game. You may also choose to raise your question in their forum.

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
When is the Mac version coming out?

They just posted this on their official facebook page.

I've just spoken to the developers of the mobile versions of the game. It is with great regret that I must announce a delay to the release of Android, iPhone, iPad and Mac versions of 'Cricket Captain 2013' for at least another month due to unforeseen circumstances. This is a highly frustrating time for everyone involved in the game, but I'm sure you will understand the complexity of the game requires an attention to detail that cannot be shortcut. The revised dates are now: Android 17th August, iPhone/Mac at the end of August.

I can assure you that everyone is working hard to get this highly anticipated game out for you to enjoy. The team appreciates the disappointment many of you will feel with the delay and all we can ask from you is to be patient. We promise that you won't be disappointed with the end result.

As previously announced, the PC version of Cricket Captain 2013 (version 13.03) is available now from Childish Things :: International Cricket Captain 2013.

Once again please accept our apologies and keep checking our page for further updates. Thank you for all of your continued support.

Chris Child

jovey

School Cricketer
I was thinking of buying the game (finally have a creditcard) but after reading everything, I'm not sure if I should spend an extra $10 from 2012. Do you guys think it's worth it?

ferg512

International Coach
I was thinking of buying the game (finally have a creditcard) but after reading everything, I'm not sure if I should spend an extra $10 from 2012. Do you guys think it's worth it?

I certainly wouldn't buy this one, it sounds as though there is another version coming out after the Ashes so maybe buy that one instead.

I have to agree with other posters, I really can't bring myself to pay $26 for a roster update, I haven't bought an ICC since 2011 because of this. I still see no reason why they can't add NZ and SA domestic, I mean that would definitely add some more features to the game and both of those countries domestic competitions follow the Australian one similarly. The only thing that keeps ICC slightly ahead of CC for me is the match engine which is still horrible for me in CC, but at least CC adds various features to each addition.

dalunzroom

School Cricketer
I'm wondering whether the reason no data editor comes with the game is because users would simply update the teams themselves therefore not needing to buy the updated version. There are minimal differences between editions. I purchased the first ever one (ICC 1 and 2 were the best) and the gameplay is pretty much the same.

Things lacking are definitely not being able to change teams, no DRS at all which is really poor, no data editor. Can't we find somebody to mod the game at all? Or is there anywhere they will take our feedback seriously? I'd imagine the number of sales they are making is dropping each year due to the lack of new features, re-designs etc.

ferg512

International Coach
The sales numbers would be interesting, I have a feeling they would have had much higher sales the year they included the IPL as India would be one of their biggest markets.

I've been on their forums the last couple of years and people have pretty much said the same things about what they want implemented in the next edition every year and the only thing they have seemed to include that people really wanted was the IPL.

dalunzroom

School Cricketer
It looks as if by only implementing the IPL based on feedback they're only really interested in the sales rather than creating a brilliant game. I worry for the longevity of the series now that the last few games have been pretty much updates to the predecessor.

They really need to completely redesign the game from top to bottom. Series like Football Manager haven't got where they are by continuously bringing out an updated version. New match engines, features, leagues etc are needed to open up the market to different countries and to also keep hold of the fan base. I probably won't buy another ICC unless there are dramatic changes. I just don't see the point. It's sad as I have had hours of fun over the years. They just need to work harder on it. I can't imagine being able to move jobs would be the hardest job to implement would it?!

xyzisahero

School Cricketer
I was planning to get the android version of ICC 2013 which was supposed to be released on 17th august but so far i can't see it on play store. Any news of delays or anything ?

Thanks

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
I was planning to get the android version of ICC 2013 which was supposed to be released on 17th august but so far i can't see it on play store. Any news of delays or anything ?

Thanks

It is delayed by at least two weeks. They posted this on their facebook page and I quote:

I talked to Tick Tock (Android/iPhone/Mac developers). We're still looking at the end of August for the Android version. iPhone and Mac will be submitted at the same time and should be available after the two week approval process.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
I don't like this game at all, completely unrealistic. Made a whole long post about it but got deleted due to site issues.

Users who are viewing this thread