International Cricket Captain 2013

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't like this game at all, completely unrealistic. Made a whole long post about it but got deleted due to site issues.

Everyone has his own thoughts bro , this game is really awesome. :thumbs

And with the edition of the legends , it'll help me increase my knowledge 'bout the legends and their era as-well.

xyzisahero

School Cricketer
It is delayed by at least two weeks. They posted this on their facebook page and I quote:

Oh ! Okey . I did not really see any updates over facebook around 17th. Good to hear there is still an android version coming out.
Thanks Mate Cheers

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Everyone has his own thoughts bro , this game is really awesome.
The point is I tried everything I do, changed batting-bowling styles, fielding, gave physios/coaching, yet everytime I ended up on losing side even against minnows!! Played as India, selected best in-form players but phew!!!!! In ODI, I'll score around 180-220 but the opposition would dominate my bowlers and would score 250-300 everytime.:facepalm In tests, I would score around 200-250 with opposition scoring 400-600 leading to an innings defeat.:facepalm Same would happen in T20's. Played around 10-11 games, out of those just won 1 ODI game which was close and in the end won by 1 run with 2 needing of last ball.
Few features I felt missing-
1. No current RR shown when batting 2nd.
2. No partnerships shown.
3. No system to check previous innings scorecard during ongoing match.
4. No search system for finding players.
5. No bat/bowl skills assigned to players for easy lineup selection and for easy grouping.(like we have in CC series)
and many more, which I don't remember currently

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The point is I tried everything I do, changed batting-bowling styles, fielding, gave physios/coaching, yet everytime I ended up on losing side even against minnows!! Played as India, selected best in-form players but phew!!!!! In ODI, I'll score around 180-220 but the opposition would dominate my bowlers and would score 250-300 everytime.:facepalm In tests, I would score around 200-250 with opposition scoring 400-600 leading to an innings defeat.:facepalm Same would happen in T20's. Played around 10-11 games, out of those just won 1 ODI game which was close and in the end won by 1 run with 2 needing of last ball.
5. No bat/bowl skills assigned to players for easy lineup selection and for easy grouping.(like we have in CC series)

Well , it's your bad luck maybe , I played with India till 2025 and I was the #1 team in all , test , ODI & t20....try playing with England or Africa , they're the teams which are currently on the top of the list for winning all the matches especially in ICC13 and 'bout features missing, the #1 , #4 & #5 points of yours , I agree but partnership is shown in test matches when a session ends and yes we can check the previous innings scorecard in the ongoing match (only in test matches I afraid).

This game gives me knowledge about the youth and the legendary players....I play this game for improving my management skills and knowledge about cricket not only for fun as this is the only game along with cricket coach that can simulate easily..

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies

There are some drawbacks but which game does not have have them? Once you get a hang of things, it will be fun. That said, it is a good game if you have not played any recent predecessors of the game but if you have played them, you will find little difference in the 2013 game which is the most disappointing part of this game. They just keep to add a wee bit into the game and update the database every year before releasing it as a whole new game. One would expect major changes in a new version but that has not been the case with Childishthings' International Cricket Captain game series.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i played it in the 2 day trial mode.

didn't tempt me to buy - every game i played, i had a first innings lead, set a challenging total (usually what would have been the highest score of the match) and then lost by 4-7 wickets. just seemed ridiculous.

Rayr27

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
There are some drawbacks but which game does not have have them? Once you get a hang of things, it will be fun. That said, it is a good game if you have not played any recent predecessors of the game but if you have played them, you will find little difference in the 2013 game which is the most disappointing part of this game. They just keep to add a wee bit into the game and update the database every year before releasing it as a whole new game. One would expect major changes in a new version but that has not been the case with Childishthings' International Cricket Captain game series.

There's supposedly an ashes edition due out during the series in Aus which will be a bit of an overhaul. Some (very small) screenies here:

New Edition Of International Cricket Captain 2013 Released ? All Out Cricket

Isura

Club Cricketer

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
From their official FB page.

International Cricket Captain said:
We?re entering the final stages in development of the new version of Cricket Captain for Android, iOS and Mac. Over the coming weeks we will be releasing screenshots of the game on a regular basis. The first of these screenshots will be released at the end of this week. We will also be making announcements when major features have been integrated. The development has been delayed several times, as most of you will be aware, which has led to the decision to concentrate on mobile platforms and Mac for this release. We are not planning to release a ?winter edition? for PC, but we will be releasing a 2014 version incorporating the new interface next year.

We are not able to give firm release dates yet, but this will be announced nearer the time. Thanks again for all the messages of support. The 2013 game on PC has been widely acknowledged as our most realistic cricket engine yet, and we can?t wait to release it on all platforms.

cardd22

School Cricketer
I must admit I have ICC 2006 and ICC 3. I also bought ICC 2012. In reality, ICC 2006 was one of the best cricket simulations I ever played. Graphics was simple and field settings was pretty important.

After ICC 2006, it seems everything went downhill. ICC 2013 looks exactly the same graphics as ICC 2012 and ICC3. ICC 2012 graphics is really glitchy, it's so hard to see where the ball went adn I'm betting ICC 2013 will be the same.

Might have to wait for ICC 2014 or even the ashes edition.

Also they should get rid of replaying the ball flight when there is a failed LBW decision unless they introduce the review system.

Users who are viewing this thread