Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
MattW submitted a new blog post

International Cricket Captain 2014 releases August 9th

International Cricket Captain is nearing release of their edition for 2014, with the game getting a much needed interface overhaul as one of its main features, along with improvements to the match engine and updates to the player database - as is traditional in the yearly releases. The game is being distributed via Steam for the first time, which I certainly appreciate. While there isn't any pricing information at this stage, the game is scheduled for release on the 9th for Windows PCs.

ss_11dc15675d5409dc1ac456620ea2a26c14f4c2c5.1920x1080.jpg

Official features list:

• New Interface: beautifully designed to enhance your playing experience.
  • Improved Highlights: adding atmosphere and excitement.
  • New Stadiums: new stadiums will be added shortly after release.
  • Classic England vs. India scenarios: play one of the classic test series between these nations.
  • Cup Modes: World Cup, Twenty Over Cup and Champions Cup modes.
  • Domestic and International Modes: Captain domestic teams from the English, Australian and Indian leagues, an international team, or both.
  • International and "All-Time Greats" Series: Play international series with current or all-time-great players.
  • On-Line Play: updated and improved on-line engine. Play domestic and international matches over the internet, including improved detection of edited teams.
  • Match Engine: further refinements to the game engine, giving greater realism in all match-types.
  • Choose the Teams You Want to Captain: twenty over, one-day, first-class (or all three) for domestic and international competitions.
  • Complete statistical update.
  • Statistics: Player statistics for all domestic competitions.
  • Database: Complete player database of over 4000 players, containing every current first-class or limited-over player from around the world.
  • Records: Updated partnership and team records for first-class, one-day and twenty-over matches.
  • Squads: Up-to date county, state and domestic twenty over squads for the new season.
  • Fixtures: Comprehensive domestic and international fixture lists, including updated competition formats and rules.

Gallery:

More on the forums!
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited:

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought I was done with this game, but those screenshots look impressive and are going to drag me back in. :D

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Will we see any improvement to associate nations involvement? Unlikely. Will we see domestic competitions expanded outside Australia, England and IPL? Even more unlikely. I could go on. Fancy UI isn't a game, it's about time the guys at Childish realised that.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Will we see any improvement to associate nations involvement? Unlikely. Will we see domestic competitions expanded outside Australia, England and IPL? Even more unlikely. I could go on. Fancy UI isn't a game, it's about time the guys at Childish realised that.

In all fairness this is the first time they've focused on the UI for a while and it did require an overhaul.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
They're also a relatively small company on a small budget, so you can't expect them to bring out a game to rival other sports, like a Football Manager for example.

Mandar Patil

School Cricketer
ICC is d best cricket game i eva played n it shall pay well for patience of all with this amazin game... gr8 2 hear abt release...

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They're also a relatively small company on a small budget, so you can't expect them to bring out a game to rival other sports, like a Football Manager for example.

Cricket Coach has a smaller budget still: yet they manage to support all ten test team domestic structures out of the box: as well as allowing DB editing...

D

Deleted member 9102

We don't seem to have a big fanbase at all on here for either ICC or CC which I find quite surprising.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Strange how Steam says it releases tomorrow... Either way i'm hyped

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We don't seem to have a big fanbase at all on here for either ICC or CC which I find quite surprising.

We used to have quite a big fanbase for ICC a while back but that's died out over the past few releases. Many people have, like me, not really played the recent versions or don't play them as much

D

Deleted member 9102

Due to be released at 8pm BST tonight according to Steam.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Out now. £15.99 on the website, £17.99 on steam

issue

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Only version number changed nothing new....!!! i had wasted money