iPhone 3G

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The iPhone 3G. Oh.my.god. I got one today, unbeliveably awesome. I've not found anything I dislike about it so far, the camera may not be brilliant, but it does the job. The sound quality from the speaker is simply amazing, and pretty loud to boot. Coverflow works beautifully, the touch screen is better than any phone touch screen I've ever used, the application store is just pure brilliance. I love it.

I never thought I could enjoy using a phone so much, it's amazing. Best early Christmas present ever. You all HAVE to buy one. <3

Discuss.......:p

MacWorld

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The Iphone is so good, as it is made by apple but it can also be a massive turn off as most people think of macs when the iphone 3G is mentioned. Not being compatible with some things they just think that it will have lots of errors and is not that good. For a entertainment product it is the best but for a practical phone that can do lots of things some other phones have it beat.

However i wish i had one.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
and I'm so glad I've got one :D

I'm more worried about it looking flashy and doing lots of impressive things as opposed to the general practicality of the phone :p. The actual phone itself, with its lack of MMS and pretty shocking camera isn't what makes the iPhone so special. It's the way it's put together, the wonderfully crafted interface, the fantastic intergration of cover-flow, the app store, it's just fantastic. Does everything I want a phone to do, plays music, sends txts, makes phone calls, and looks good. Love it. Definitely recommend to anyone getting a contract phone in the next few months.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've had one for about 4 months. App store in the best thing about it for me (although access to iplayer is cool too). The 3rd party add-ons are amazing, I have a guitar app that is a tuner, metronome and chord map. GPS enabled maps are seriously handy too.

barmyarmy added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

it can also be a massive turn off as most people think of macs when the iphone 3G is mentioned. Not being compatible with some things they just think that it will have lots of errors and is not that good..

I have to say that I totally disagree with that. Macs have a reputation for being reliable, better made and easier to use than PCs. I'm also looking at buying a Macbook Pro atm.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
I've had my Ipod Touch since launch day, love it to bits. Getting some good headphones is a key, the sound is great then. The 2.X updates have really enhanced it, the App Store has some super stuff. I also have mine jailbreaked, so that it can have 3rd pary applications on, such as a flash player for any video on Safari, and a Hotmail option on the Mail app.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
and I'm so glad I've got one :D

I'm more worried about it looking flashy and doing lots of impressive things as opposed to the general practicality of the phone :p. The actual phone itself, with its lack of MMS and pretty shocking camera isn't what makes the iPhone so special. It's the way it's put together, the wonderfully crafted interface, the fantastic intergration of cover-flow, the app store, it's just fantastic. Does everything I want a phone to do, plays music, sends txts, makes phone calls, and looks good. Love it. Definitely recommend to anyone getting a contract phone in the next few months.

What kind of contract you on, and who with?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Well you can only get the iPhone from O2, so I'm with them, on the ?35 a month contract. This gives me 600 Minutes and 500 Texts a month, plus free Wifi and 3G and Visual Voicemail. I then just had to pay ?169 for the phone, which really isn't too bad if you compare that with the prices you have to pay for other phones from other networks to get them on contract. O2 happens to have amazing signal around my way as well, meaning it's perfect for me.

I've had one for about 4 months. App store in the best thing about it for me (although access to iplayer is cool too). The 3rd party add-ons are amazing, I have a guitar app that is a tuner, metronome and chord map. GPS enabled maps are seriously handy too.

Yeh, the 3rd party apps are brilliant. I've already downloaded a few, got the Facebook and Ebay ones, the iDoodle one (great fun), Translator, Night Stand, Google Earth, and Last.FM. Will be downloading some more though, am tempted by some of the paid apps as well, that Croc Rally (game on the advert) is ridiculously cheap at ?1.69. App Store really is fantastic.

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Well you can only get the iPhone from O2, so I'm with them, on the ?35 a month contract. This gives me 600 Minutes and 500 Texts a month, plus free Wifi and 3G and Visual Voicemail. I then just had to pay ?169 for the phone, which really isn't too bad if you compare that with the prices you have to pay for other phones from other networks to get them on contract. O2 happens to have amazing signal around my way as well, meaning it's perfect for me.

Seeing as I use around 4000 messeges a month, that'd cetainly not be any good! I only use like 3 minutes out of the 500 i have!

Ste

Executive member
I have a Samsung Omnia. Looks similar to the iphone has the same features really but the addition of GPS, Microsoft Office on it, great battery life, MMS, extra front camera, bluetooth etc.

Paid just over £200 for it on ebay, paid £15 to unlock it and just pay £15 per month for 200 mins and 600 texts on Vodafone.

Highlander999

ICC President
I have a brick which has a camera, and web access. All I need. I don't need to waste money, on over-priced contracts which give you barely anything for your money ;) 500 texts. HA, that is ridiculously low.

It is just a way to show off, imo ;)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
500 is low, I could knock that off inside a few days. I'm not trying to say i've got millions of mates, infact i've got very little, but the ones i do text tend to text back A LOT!

Highlander999

ICC President
500 is low, I could knock that off inside a few days. I'm not trying to say i've got millions of mates, infact i've got very little, but the ones i do text tend to text back A LOT!

Same problem, although I get so many texts from randoms I met during Freshers Week, I just have to reply back ;) I think I could probs go through 500 in a week

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
You're one of those people who text from the same room aren't you?

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Apple are only good at making things when they're the underdogs, my cousin is a phone salesman and he reckons there's a lot of flaws in the iPhone, and that there are better alternatives.

Users who are viewing this thread