Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
So who's getting it?

apple-wwdc10_437.jpg

Yes please :)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I will be on the lookout for a phone come July and I was really interested in iPhone 4, considering the new features and stuff, but with the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S, my views have changed, and I'm afraid the iPhone just doesn't offer that much value for money to me, also considering how hard it'll be to get my hands on an iPhone 4 early on in its release.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
This is definitely going to be bought :)

I understand that iPhones don't deliver the best technology, and probably not the best value for money, but as far as enjoyment from a mobile phone, its the best.

No other company could rival Apple in its iTunes and App Store.

Simbazz added 2 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

To back myself up, they're just short of 100 Million iDevices sold. That includes iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads, and doesn't include iPods, good going for the company.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
This is definitely going to be bought :)

I understand that iPhones don't deliver the best technology, and probably not the best value for money, but as far as enjoyment from a mobile phone, its the best.

No other company could rival Apple in its iTunes and App Store.

Simbazz added 2 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

To back myself up, they're just short of 100 Million iDevices sold. That includes iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads, and doesn't include iPods, good going for the company.
iTunes, yes definitely, but App Store? I would hold my breath for a few more months before giving judgement on that. The Android Marketplace is currently on fire.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
iTunes blows.

I'll probably skip this rev since I'm still in the middle of my contract. Unless they give me a nice contract discount. :)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
This is a good upgrade. I'm usually pretty anti-iPhone (i'm an Android type of guy) but this is a good revision. 1Ghz A4 processor (flies on the iPad, would do wonders on the iPhone) great retina-thingy screen, front facing camera, its got it all.

BUT, my friend just got the Evo 4g and man, that screen is beautiful.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
@Kshitiz, The Android Marketplace has a long way to go to be even competing with that of the iDevices.

@Cricketman, See, The iPad is possibly the biggest waste of Apple product in the world! It upsets me as I'm such a fanboy, and the iPad just doesn't excite me.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Too expensive, I'll just keep my ipod touch and my crap phone :)

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I just read the news about this. I also read it's coming in July 2010. That's pretty quick. Apple should have waited with this release. They still can earn money with the earlier IPhone.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I would say the Evo 4G is the better device to have. The best feature in the new iPhone is Microsoft Bing! :p

Now that changes everything indeed.:D

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The price for the 3GS has been bumped down to just $100 with a contract, which is not bad at all. Only problem is that it's only the 8gig. I was kinda hoping for a non-AT&T announcement as well, but I guess they couldn't work it out with VW.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
You reckon you'll be able to buy the new iPhone without a contract?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
It's going to be far too expensive. Probably in the $800-$900 range at least. I'm expecting it to be even more. That's why I'll be skipping this rev. Apple has been releasing a new model every year and I expect around this time next year the networks will have caught up quite a bit.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I'm willing to pay up to ?400-ish for the phone without contract as I'm getting ?200 for my iPhone 3G.

Users who are viewing this thread