IS DBC 14 WORTH AFTER PLAYING DBC 17

IS DBC 14 WORTH AFTER PLAYING DBC 17

• YES

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • not really

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • You should stop playing games and focus on work!

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 46200

IS DBC 14 WORTH AFTER PLAYING DBC 17?
Kind of... sort off... Err, yes... ?

Depends on how you feel play both and make a choice.[DOUBLEPOST=1499453500][/DOUBLEPOST]Realistically, if we keep seeing posts about these matters when hey have been covered so many times you should start to think about getting some friends and chill with a four pack... Just saying.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've yet to have a multi-day game that hasn't included AI low scoring or multiple (six+) wickets taken via aggressive bat pad incidents.

T20 and 50 over games are a lot better but I suspect this is partly down to not having close fielders.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Following post covers my opinion on why DBC17 is by design better than its predecessor.

Having played DBC14 for years, I was nothing more than a batsman who would pre-meditate each shot based on field setting and just ride my luck.

But the option of watching where the ball is coming in DBC17 has allowed me to experience this game like no other cricket game.

Now, my bread and butter shot used to be glance to square leg because well, in DBC14, I couldn't hit to mid-wicket or to fine leg. And off-side or front of wicket was just too risky in longer matches.

Not any more. With DBC17, the first shots i learnt was driving the ball straight down the ground and then (extra) cover driving and finally the cut shot.

The reason I'm writing this post is the sheer joy I get by delaying my cut shot by just that little bit to beat the point and gully for boundary. That to me is the shot of the game.

Kudos @BigAntStudios , kudos!

gunit123

County Cricketer
These forums seem so 'dead' compared to DBC14 days, shame really but not surprised either.

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How many of you would be interested in joining a T20 or short test tournament in DBC14

Mrp

Club Captain
I have just re installed DBC 14 again and have realised just what a better batting and fielding game it is than DBC 17. It makes DBC 17 feel so 'unfinished' or as if BA were trying to reinvent the wheel. Even the Graphics seem superior !

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I have just re installed DBC 14 again and have realised just what a better batting and fielding game it is than DBC 17. It makes DBC 17 feel so 'unfinished' or as if BA were trying to reinvent the wheel. Even the Graphics seem superior !
I felt the exact opposite --- played DBC14 again and wow could not play it at all -- hated every second ;)

Mrp

Club Captain
I felt the exact opposite --- played DBC14 again and wow could not play it at all -- hated every second ;)

Out of interest, Why ?

To me, it made apparent all the issues on 17, career mode, fielding bugs, run out bugs, worse graphics, dodgy cameras. DBC 14 feels a lot more 'polished' going back now. The only thing i miss from DBC17 playing on 14 is the bowling experience (coming wider of the crease and the ball actually spinning) and the batsman ability to move in the crease further. I really hope that BA actually do one more patch to address the most fundamental issues otherwise you could argue that people have paid £50 for an unfinished game.

Just my two cents...... !

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Out of interest, Why ?

To me, it made apparent all the issues on 17, career mode, fielding bugs, run out bugs, worse graphics, dodgy cameras. DBC 14 feels a lot more 'polished' going back now. The only thing i miss from DBC17 playing on 14 is the bowling experience (coming wider of the crease and the ball actually spinning) and the batsman ability to move in the crease further. I really hope that BA actually do one more patch to address the most fundamental issues otherwise you could argue that people have paid £50 for an unfinished game.

Just my two cents...... !
went back to DBC14 online (to be honest had never played it before) and found that even some of DBC17's bugs are in DBC14 (online) as well --- overthrows etc... and just felt the graphics looked dated etc don't know just didnt like the experience ;) had to re-learn how to play it.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
went back to DBC14 online (to be honest had never played it before) and found that even some of DBC17's bugs are in DBC14 (online) as well --- overthrows etc... and just felt the graphics looked dated etc don't know just didnt like the experience ;) had to re-learn how to play it.

DBC 14 online was a better and much more stable experience. For sure there were issues but DBC 17 online took a few steps backwards. As an example you never faced issues with fields & field settings not sticking, overthrows were not that numerous and there wasn't the run out issue where batsmen ran themselves out. Check with folks like @Acid Burn who played DBC 14 and DBC 17 online extensively and he can tell you what I mean. I tried DBC 17 online and it was such a poor experience compared to DBC 14 online that I opted not to play online this iteration of DBC and am sticking to Madden for my online gaming itch.

It's a crying shame that out of 3 main modes in DBC 17 - Career, Casual/Tournament and Online - 2 are pretty much broken (Career and Online) due to basic fundamental issues and bugs. Unfortunately DBC 17 took one step forward (addition of ball marker to be displayed early thanks to sliders) but took 3-4 steps backwards. I maintain my oft repeated position that if Big Ant had simply added the ball marker slider settings to the DBC 14 along with adding WC & tourneys in career mode, it would have been a much better game than DBC 17.

Users who are viewing this thread