Is this the worst game of all time?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It pains me to say it, and obviously there is no right or wrong answer, but lets have a discussion on this.. Assuming Desert Bus is ironic and not trying to be an actual game, let's look at the other contenders.. When the dust settles, will this be remembered as the worst game ever made?

Big Rigs - Over the Road Racing - A hilariously badly made trucking simulator. Known as the game that "Ruined Christmas 2003"

188200-big_rigs_boxart.jpg

Day One - Garry's Incident - A game so bad it's producers had to police youtube reviews, threatening legal action to a number of negative reviewers. The only game to have a lower Metacritic score than AC13

Day-One-Garrys-Incident-Walkthrough1.jpg

ET - A game responsible for a slump in the entire gaming industry during the '80s. Commonly regarded as the worst game of all time

et_the_extra-terrestrial.png

Sim City 5 - Visually pretty, but crushingly bad in terms of the popular franchise which it has all but destroyed. Tiny maps, and always on connection meaning many people can't play at all, despite shelling out upwards of 80 dollars for the game. It is thought to have had the worst release of any modern title, and according to polls has led EA to be the most hated company in America.

sim-city-5.jpg

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties - A bizarre game that was advertised as a full motion game, but is actually just a series of slideshows. Crudely made and incredibly sexist, it has been attributed to the failure of an entire games console (the little heard of 3DO system)

Plumbers_Don%27t_Wear_Ties_cover.png

Last edited:

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For personal reasons, as previously stated, Rig Biggs.. I mean.. Big Rigs. A game where trucks can drive vertically up the walls, success is measured by the statement 'You're Winner' and the opponent AI actually don't even drive off the starting line.

Really, my personal favorite is The War Z, but the game is actually not that bad, just the developer is a money grabbing sack of potatoes.. and happens to be the developer of Big Rigs

007avenger007

Club Captain
Superman 64 wasn't that bad of a game... It's only worse if you look at it from now but it wasn't as bad as Big Rigs...

Ok honestly this is a huge deal, i mean i still think Big Rigs is the worst video-game that was ever sold for money... But Ashes 13 is really #2 on my list... therefore AC13 was really groundbreaking in a painfully negative way... Well technically it's not a game anymore but really it's that bad... I can't believe what Fegan is probably thinking right now... I mean when the world looks back they will mention your game with the likes of E.T., Big Rigs and omygoodness PDWT...
The guys that made Big Rigs released a game fixing patch for the game although i don't know how much that helped... Trickster Games was planning to do the same... I kinda feel bad for 505 Games cuz they are the ones who got conned and aren't gonna get their money back either... i have a real forgiving side in me

RobinHood

Club Cricketer
Sim City 5 was perhaps the biggest kick in the balls due to its price, I think we all knew that AC13 was going to be dreadful, plus it was only 13 quid.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Sim City 5 was perhaps the biggest kick in the balls due to its price, I think we all knew that AC13 was going to be dreadful, plus it was only 13 quid.

And the anticipation.. Sim City has only been known for quality and this was a real kick in the teeth for everyone.. I guess it shows that bean counting and quantity really do win over quality in the gaming industry.. Sim City was undoubtedly the most depressing game ever released

ramiz_fahad

Club Cricketer
Ac 13

ac13.1st bugs 2nd slow game play.batsman grafics low then ac09.and some little changing as well,they can make this game better dont know why they release hurry if game was not ready,i think they should work little bit more hard,then lunched,n do some adv of game as well

madmattg

International Cricketer
yes came back here just to see what the news was after playing the crappest cricket game of my life.

Well looks like a list of people should be looking for jobs after the Ashes 2013 rubbish.

Insane how bad it was, not one aspect was up to speed of years past. Doesn't that give them a hint they were way way way of mark.

You should have known that months ago.

Baffles me.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How come Pes 2014 is not in the list :eek: It is definitely one of the worst PES series :mad

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
How come Pes 2014 is not in the list :eek: It is definitely one of the worst PES series :mad

There are loads of games not on the list that could compete with AC13 for worst game of all time.. Thats why I want to get some sort of dialogue going.. Feel free to list whatever you like and give your reasons

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I never got the chance to play it, but looking at it, surely it is worse than Big Rigs? Big Rigs was back in 2003, ten years ago. Standards for games are different today to what they are now. When you consider how ambitious Ashes Cricket 2013 was, and also the fact that it was built to be PS3/360 quality, it has to be worse. Big Rigs was more PS1 quality, and for a PS1 game it can't be considered as bad as Ashes Cricket 2013 which itself looks and plays worse than cricket games from the PS2 era. It is simply going back generations. The budget was definitely a lot higher than it was for Big Rigs, as was expectations. Big Rigs was made by some Russian company no-one had ever heard of, Ashes Cricket 2013 was made by a studio that had made a decent cricket game before, IC 2010 and they somehow still managed to completely butcher it.

How is that possible? PES is completely playable this year, with superb graphics. Not a chance. I played the demo and at worst it is 6-7/10 whereas these games are 0-1/10.

Users who are viewing this thread