ISL Football league

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
So the tournament kicked off today and Athletico de Kolkata won the first match 3-0 against Mumbai FC.

PokerAce

Banned
The gulf between the Indians and Foreigners on the field is so big that its not funny. Still great to finally have a good league. As seasons roll by hopefully more than just the have beens of world football will feature in the league. With the names involved in the league, it could even happen.

Just look at what Abrahamovic did with Chelsea. The names involved in ISL are far bigger and richer than Roman Abrahamovic.

The World's Billionaires List - Forbes

In the Forbes list Roman features at [HASHTAG]#128[/HASHTAG] with a net worth of $9.4 Billion. Mukesh Ambani, whose company and wife are leading the whole ISL charge, feature at #31 on the list, and his net worth at $22.2 Billion is more than twice of Abrahamovic. Just think of the names their money can lure to the ISL.

Still one step at a time.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The gulf between the Indians and Foreigners on the field is so big that its not funny. Still great to finally have a good league. As seasons roll by hopefully more than just the have beens of world football will feature in the league. With the names involved in the league, it could even happen.

Just look at what Abrahamovic did with Chelsea. The names involved in ISL are far bigger and richer than Roman Abrahamovic.

The World's Billionaires List - Forbes

In the Forbes list Roman features at [HASHTAG]#128[/HASHTAG] with a net worth of $9.4 Billion. Mukesh Ambani, whose company and wife are leading the whole ISL charge, feature at #31 on the list, and his net worth at $22.2 Billion is more than twice of Abrahamovic. Just think of the names their money can lure to the ISL.

Still one step at a time.

Yup i agree with some points,but only money is not all about football,we need to have proper academies & coaches.

PokerAce

Banned
Yup i agree with some points,but only money is not all about football,we need to have proper academies & coaches.

I think all 8 franchises have to fund academies and have to spare a fixed budget for the same.

As for a start of luring players, even say players that play for the relegation fodder teams in EPL, La Liga, or the Championship or Adelente divisions and the cheap exports from S. America that fill the numbers in Europe top leagues, can be lured with the money, that will alone be a great start.

Even if the academies will take time to produce, but just by playing regularly along side a better talent pool, the players will get better.

PokerAce

Banned
So a week into the league how do you rate it. Good, poor, better than expected, worse than expected or what is ISL?

Better than expected I would say. Need some big names next season, who are not quite as past their sell by date as the present lot. Perhaps the freshest lot of have beens from the top leagues of the world. The target should be to replace MLS as the destination for the famous but no longer fit for top level, to earn their last big money job.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Andre Moritz (Formerly of my club Bolton Wanderers) scores a hat-trick for Mumbai :)

He's a very good player and i'm surprised that no one else in the Championship signed him up.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
I rate the ISL great.It has been a good first week and perhaps the last Mumbai vs Pune (5-0) was the best match of all.

PokerAce

Banned
Watch the match tonight guys. The first half has been end to end. Great action. One of the best matches so far.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How has the attendance been for these games ?

Users who are viewing this thread