It is here - finally - alpha 0.1 released!!!!

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mate Jkarthik, I know your like over the moon for India becoming the new world champions and I was thinking it would be nice if we all have TAOC to celebrate it in style… lol

So any way, I don’t know if you know already, I am a big fan of cricket games and I happens to have some experience in the game of cricket in first class level. Therefore I would be very difficult to be satisfied with any game.

One of the main lead downs for me in a any cricket game is not the graphics, its AI game play. And one very notable thing is field positions, when field positions ant realistic it just kill the game for hard core cricket gamers like me.

When AC09 came out, me and dutch tried to work with the developers to fix this problem but it didn’t work out.

So what am saying is I really hope you get us realistic field positioning according to the match situation. This will go a long way in making TAOC the best cricket game ever made.

And if you need any help in getting the field spot on according to match situation, I will be very much willing to work with you on this. I am not a computer expert like you mate, but with my cricketing background, I can make you 100s of realistic field settings for AI to be as smart as dhoni or sangakara

BeingHuman

School Cricketer
And please don't use mouse control .. its not looking good at all .. stick with BLC99(evergreen game) type controls where even 2 players easily played with 1 keyboard and worked pretty well with laptops too. This mouse thing looks ridiculous.

Get rid of that bowling/spin meters please ... every bowler should be given stats ..depending on those stats his bowling speeds should be automatically varied.. ALA BLC99 style. just give options like googly(skid),doosra,fast ball(ala afridi style for some bowlers) ..
For shane warne leg spin - upto 90% pace 50 - 90mph
for afridi leg spin - upto 50% pace 55 - 120mph
like this stats should be given and depending on that ..when we bowl them ..the ball should spin upto that limit only automatically. Every time pressing a button for a spin meter is a garbage idea and just wears out users hand.

please avoid meters .. think of some more innovation ..those noball meters in last BLC games ..is big FLOP and noone liking it. people still like blc99 eventhough it doesnt have noball meters or pace meters. PLEASE AVOID THEM ..think of something innovative.

Also camera work needs to be improved. Will comment on strokes once we get to see full strokes. BUt currently the strokes dont impress us much .. reminds us of DOS games(allan border) kinda shots. Please follow BLC99. And in BLC99 ..backfoot / frontfoot shots were adjusted automatically depending on the length of the ball ..it makes the user to play more easily . See the difference here in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwqnsFgp1wY&feature=related
Watch at 0:19 ball is pitched just about middle of pitch .. and if user plays it went front foot leg glance.
THen watch at 1:30 ball is pitched closer to wickets .. if user plays it ..it went backfoot leg glance.
That type stroke making we need .... if u keep seperate button for backfoot/frontfoot strokes .. user will never get interest to play. Its just complex.

Also make sure .. keeper slips stay very far behind the wicket when a fast bowler is bowling .. we dont want those DOS games where keeper looks to be standing 5 inch from stumps.
2 / 5 for Alpha 0.1 :cheers

Last edited:

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
@Lassasna Dias - Thanks. Yup, field placing is a key ingredient when it comes to gameplay. should not be overlooked at all. will definitely take your advice / guidance when we come to that stage. :)

@Being Human - Sorry if am being blunt but all of your suggestions are heavily / directly inspired from BLC99. if we do the same thing, why would people play TAOC ? who not play BLC99 instead ?

BeingHuman

School Cricketer
@Lassasna Dias - Thanks. Yup, field placing is a key ingredient when it comes to gameplay. should not be overlooked at all. will definitely take your advice / guidance when we come to that stage. :)

@Being Human - Sorry if am being blunt but all of your suggestions are heavily / directly inspired from BLC99. if we do the same thing, why would people play TAOC ? who not BLC99 instead ?

We were told in beginning by legend_master..TAOC will follow BLC99 style..its progress to BLC99 ...and not EA games like u r making..

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
following / taking inspiration is one thing. what your asking is to directly copy the system as it is!

BeingHuman

School Cricketer
following / taking inspiration is one thing. what your asking is to directly copy the system as it is!

Chrome browser has back/forward button .. Firefox browser has back/forward buttons .. so for you it means both are copied products .....! :D

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chrome browser has back/forward button .. Firefox browser has back/forward buttons .. so for you it means both are copied products .....!
You can bat and bowl in Cricket 07 .. You can bat and bowl in BLC99 .. so for you it means both are copied products .....! :rolleyes

edx

School Cricketer
Chrome browser has back/forward button .. Firefox browser has back/forward buttons .. so for you it means both are copied products .....! :D

.....yea not quite sure what your getting at here mate. On your other points however, personally i like the mouse batting system system feels intuitive. I feel that your saying you want the game to be easier with simplified controls, i.e. automatic BF/FF. However this is meant to be a cricket "simulation" game so we don't want it to be too easy and choosing footwork is a fundamental part of the game.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
.....yea not quite sure what your getting at here mate. On your other points however, personally i like the mouse batting system system feels intuitive. I feel that your saying you want the game to be easier with simplified controls, i.e. automatic BF/FF. However this is meant to be a cricket "simulation" game so we don't want it to be too easy and choosing footwork is a fundamental part of the game.

i genuinely wanted to explain this to him. but somehow, i felt it wont be worth it.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
And please don't use mouse control .. its not looking good at all .. stick with BLC99(evergreen game) type controls where even 2 players easily played with 1 keyboard and worked pretty well with laptops too. This mouse thing looks ridiculous.

Get rid of that bowling/spin meters please ... every bowler should be given stats ..depending on those stats his bowling speeds should be automatically varied.. ALA BLC99 style. just give options like googly(skid),doosra,fast ball(ala afridi style for some bowlers) ..
For shane warne leg spin - upto 90% pace 50 - 90mph
for afridi leg spin - upto 50% pace 55 - 120mph
like this stats should be given and depending on that ..when we bowl them ..the ball should spin upto that limit only automatically. Every time pressing a button for a spin meter is a garbage idea and just wears out users hand.

please avoid meters .. think of some more innovation ..those noball meters in last BLC games ..is big FLOP and noone liking it. people still like blc99 eventhough it doesnt have noball meters or pace meters. PLEASE AVOID THEM ..think of something innovative.

Also camera work needs to be improved. Will comment on strokes once we get to see full strokes. BUt currently the strokes dont impress us much .. reminds us of DOS games(allan border) kinda shots. Please follow BLC99. And in BLC99 ..backfoot / frontfoot shots were adjusted automatically depending on the length of the ball ..it makes the user to play more easily . See the difference here in this video
YouTube - D3DTNTxp 2005 07 14 04 03 55 041
Watch at 0:19 ball is pitched just about middle of pitch .. and if user plays it went front foot leg glance.
THen watch at 1:30 ball is pitched closer to wickets .. if user plays it ..it went backfoot leg glance.
That type stroke making we need .... if u keep seperate button for backfoot/frontfoot strokes .. user will never get interest to play. Its just complex.

Also make sure .. keeper slips stay very far behind the wicket when a fast bowler is bowling .. we dont want those DOS games where keeper looks to be standing 5 inch from stumps.
2 / 5 for Alpha 0.1 :cheers

If you want AI to automatically decide wether to go on Frontfoot or backfoot, I guess you can chose Easy of Medium difficulty (I guess would be provided by Developers) where you dont have to think about "footness" of your short. But if looking for realtype simulation (at hard level), you are expected to take lot of decisions, - Should I bowl a slow ball or fast ball, should I spin less or spin more, this is a bouncy pitch, should I play on backfoot to lenth balls or play on Frontfoot to length balls if I am playing in West Indies..

BeingHuman

School Cricketer

BF/FF should be same automated like in BLC99.. advancing down the wicket should be given different control.

hard to explain why EA fanboys exist .. and since when EA started this BF/FF different control .. cricket games have failed horribly ..its called self destruction.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
BF/FF should be same automated like in BLC99.. advancing down the wicket should be given different control.

hard to explain why EA fanboys exist .. and since when EA started this BF/FF different control .. cricket games have failed horribly ..its called self destruction.

If I am not wrong, you can choose Difficulty level as Easy and BF/FF is automated!!

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer

@Being Human - Sorry if am being blunt but all of your suggestions are heavily / directly inspired from BLC99. if we do the same thing, why would people play TAOC ? who not play BLC99 instead ?

cool dude, looking forward to that !!! :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread