I've caught a nasty bug!

Highlander999

ICC President
Evening all.

Got a bit of a problem. Trying to install Cricket 05 disc back on my computer and part way through the installation Kaspersky gets unhappy and starts warning me I have a trojan dropper in my .exe file. As a result once the installation has happened the game won't run which I am guessing is linked in.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this annoying little bugger? Apparently just doing a blank uninstall won't get rid of it and Kaspersky can't seem to find it

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6.4 KB · Views: 35

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
a trojan blocker is not a virus, it's a file used to deliver a virus.

if it's not playing then it's possible the exe has just been made to look and behave sort of like cricket05s installation run. where did you get the setup file from? off a disk or download?

when you say you can't get rid of it what do you mean? have you deleted the .exe as well as doing the uninstall? is kaspersky detecting a problem with the file or has it detected a virus running (it should be the former)

I'd delete it off your system, re-start in safe mode and then do a full virus scan using updated virus software first.

Highlander999

ICC President
I had the disc but it shattered so I was using a No CD .exe a few years ago to play. I bought a new disc of amazon finally last week after finding a new disc for sale.

When I say I can't get rid of it, that message appears every time I try and install the game. It isn't the disc as it works on my gf's laptop, but on my laptop once it is installed, I press play and nothing happens. I have tried deleting anything EA Sports related in My Computer onwards but nothing has happened.

Highlander999

ICC President
Oh, I am fairly certain that there is something wrong with the exe. The problem is I want to know how to make it stop coming back even when I try and re-install

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kaspersky does this I guess. Add the exe as an exception.

Highlander999

ICC President
Right I've just worked out that Kaspersky is deleting the .exe file when I install the game. Any idea why this is happening and how to stop it?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Disable kaspersky when you install the program. Right click on its icon and there must be an option to disable protection.
It's not letting you play because it thinks there's a virus in the file and keeps blocking access to the file.
If you think the file is safe, do as above, else, do a full scan of your computer first to isolate any issues with it.

Users who are viewing this thread