Just 1411 left

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Save Our Tigers | Home

• From around 40,000 tigers at the turn of the last century, there are just 1411 tigers left in India.
  • 2009 was the worst year for tigers in India, with 86 deaths reported.
  • There are 37 Tiger sanctuaries in India. However, 17 sanctuaries are on the verge of losing their tiger population.
  • Corbett National Park is the oldest tiger park in India. It was created in 1936 as ?Hailey National Park?.
  • The Kanha National Park?s lush sal and bamboo forests, grassy meadows and ravines provided inspiration to Rudyard Kipling for his famous novel, The Jungle Book.

On the verge of extinction :(

P

pcfan123

86 deaths? Id call them murders or slaughters. 86 Tigers did not die from natural causes.

Great to see the conservation effort and all the commercials with the Indian cricket stars. Better late than never to help the Tigers but I have a feeling it might be too late.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
over 80% of the animals are either extinct or on the verge of.

as i said a few months ago, humans are an insult...an embarrassment to nature.

heres an infamous quote from Agent Smith in the movie Matrix.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.

cant argue there. we WERE a virus....but ever since the industrial revolution took place, we became the cancer of this planet.

P

pcfan123

I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. ~Joseph Baretti,

Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is. ~Albert Camus

The universe may have a purpose, but nothing we know suggests that, if so, this purpose has any similarity to ours. ~Bertrand Russell

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. ~Joseph Baretti,

Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is. ~Albert Camus

The universe may have a purpose, but nothing we know suggests that, if so, this purpose has any similarity to ours. ~Bertrand Russell

excellent quotes there.
Probably the first and the only topic we'll ever agree on. :p

to think of it, the earth has been in existence since millions of years.
just take the last 200 years and we've completed tweaked it up!

if tweaking the earth was not enough, we are getting tweaked ourselves
with race,religion, caste etc...:doh

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
How exactly do they know 1411 are left? Surely they don't know every single Tiger.

P

pcfan123

How exactly do they know 1411 are left? Surely they don't know every single Tiger.

When animals are that dangerously close to extinction scientists tag all remaining animals in the wild and park rangers do counts on a frequent basis. Id says its a very close approximation made by scientists and conservation experts/park rangers.

Ill believe it, there is a lot of demand in China for Tiger bones and parts for their retarded traditional medicine. Most Tigers poached in India or other parts of Asia are smuggled to China where their bones are worth more than their weight in gold.

Hmarka added 4 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

to think of it, the earth has been in existence since millions of years.
just take the last 200 years and we've completed fliped it up!

The world has been around for 7 billion years. The homo sapien for a few thousand. Sometimes I think the evolution of our brains from cave-man to modern man was a bad thing for everyone. The Earth its animals, plants and even mankind.

To quote the kinks

"I think I'm so educated and I'm so civilized
'Cos I'm a strict vegetarian
But with the over-population and inflation and starvation
And the crazy politicians
I don't feel safe in this world no more
I don't want to die in a nuclear war
I want to sail away to a distant shore and make like an ape man "

Users who are viewing this thread