Keyboard Problems

Lupin

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a medion (german brand) keyboard, I spilled some water over it. now some problems occur:

- pressing "space" in search boxes leads to the deletion of the written word
- the "down arrow" doesnt work anymore
- "y6' b5ecomes an y, as with "b" becomes a b5

are those problems fixable without opening the case of my laptop or should i bring it to the shop to get it repaired?

Sincerley

Lupin

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What did you do after you spilled the water on it?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
is this a laptop or a PC keyboard? I'm a little confused because the OP is a little ambiguous

If its the former, you need to get it checked out although expect to pay through the nose because you might have a damaged motherboard or other internal components. If its the latter then try another keyboard, if you don't have one you can probably pick one up relatively cheaply

If its a hardware problem, then you sort of have to get someone else to fix it. An external keyboard is a temporary solution if you 100% need to work on it right now but that might not even be possible (a friend had water damage on her laptop and it broke both the keyboard and the USB ports...)

Lupin

School Cricketer
I actually fell asleep after i spilled the water on my laptop keyboard.

I'll give it to an expert, I was hoping that there is somekind of software where you can reset the keys..

Cheers Lupin

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Definitely seems to have shorted the keyboard's circuit. You can try the on screen keyboard to rule out a software malfunction. Press Windows key + R and type osk and press enter. Now check the keys you're having problem with.

A

A.R123 Max

A problem has occured down the keys... And I recommend to show your laptop to a programmer.

Users who are viewing this thread