Kit Editing Tutorial For BLIC !!!

Hariz

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
KIT EDITING TUTORIAL

I shall try to make it as easy as possible, with explainations at every point. Still feel free to ask questions. This tutorial has been made by me to encourage new patch makers towards editing BLIC kits. I shall try and make a face making tutorial as well.

Things you require

1. A good source photo of the kit to be made, with all logos/text clearly visible.
2. A photo editing program like Paint Shop pro or Photoshop (I shall be using Photoshop CS2). Photoshop uses the .dds plugin, download it here
3. Baggie Studios to import the .dds files into the .bag and into the game.

Making the Kit

I shall explain this by making the new South African odi kit.Please note that in BLIC a kit consists of many parts that include two shirts (long and short sleeved), two jumpers, (long and short sleeved) and three types of trousers (bowling, left and right batting). There are also the BITS (fielding cap and pads) and BITS2 (fielding hat, gloves)files. You need to edit all these for a kit to be complete and that is why the kit editing in BLIC is time consuming.

I am using this photo of Andrew Hall, as one can have a clear view of what logos are used and what colour is the kit. More than one pictures can also be used if necessary.

Untislaaa.jpg

I have attached the templates below.
First of all open the relevant .dds file you want to edit in the photo editing program.
Ist method of making the base kit
Then select File>New to get a new image.

kitediting22.jpg

Select the following settings for the new image and click on OK.

kitediting23.jpg

Select a green colour from the swatches that you want or use the eye droper tool to choose colour from a picture. Now select Edit>Fill and the new image will take that colour.

kitediting24.jpg

Now select the entire image and copy onto your already opened kit template, it will turn complete green. Now select this second layer and right-click on it to get the options below. Select Blending options.

kitediting25.jpg

Now change the mode above from Normal to Multiply, so that you get the creases/foldes on your kit with your own colour.

kitediting26.jpg

Use the Magic wand tool to select a certain part on the kit and when successfully selected, select the required colour from the swatches. Then go to Edit>Fill and fill in the desired colour.

kitediting28.jpg

When successfull on one side, repeat above process on the other side to get something like this.

kitediting8.jpg

Now the main part is done. Use the opacity tool to get the colour of the real kit or change the colour entirely by selecting other swatches. Here I got it just by changing the opacity a bit.

kitediting9.jpg

2nd method of making the base kit
Now the method described above is one way of getting the creases/foldes on your desired kit. Another way is following :
Make a Background copy of the original layer which is locked. Do this by going to Layer>Duplicate Layer. Now Make a second layer upon the opened .dds kit template.

kitediting29.jpg

Now move the Background copy layer above the new green coloured layer.
Select the Background copy layer and go to Edit>Define Brush Preset and now select the brush, it will have the pattern of the kit.

kitediting17.jpg

kitediting18.jpg

Select a dark colour from the swatches, mostly I use Black and then add the pattern of the kit onto your second layer which is coloured green. Be sure that layer is selected.

kitediting30.jpg

Now you change the position of the layers in the layers window and you get your finished kit with creases.

kitediting19.jpg

Now its the turn for other patterns like stripes, crosses etc. This part is simple, as you have to simply make new layers and select the Magic wand tool to select a paricular area and fill it with a desired colour.

kitediting21.jpg

In the pic above I used the Magic wand tool to select the area that comes under the arm and used Edit>Fill to colour it yellow and then used the same pattern brush to put creases on this layer. With this method of making the base kit everything uses a seperate layer, which is convenient by making changes or updating any kit.

kitediting106mf.jpg

I again used the Magic wand tool to select the wedge shaped piece to create this shape on the yellow part. You can now copy/paste this layer to make more of these which appear on the SA kit.

kitediting11.jpg

You can use the stroke option on any layer to give it a boundary having any colour and particular pixel strength.

kitediting12.jpg

Cut out the logos from the original pic if the pic is good, otherwise google them and resize them appropriately, so that they fit on the arms. You have to check a couple of times for long sleeves shirt/jumper because the arm logos there get all streched, if they are too big. Same is the case with the front of both short and long sleeved jumpers.
In the end, if all logos placed correctly you should get something like this.

kitediting13.jpg

Now do this with every part of the kit, as mentioned above and in the end save each file as psd (photoshop format) files as well as .dds files using 6 mipmaps with the .dds.

Importing using Baggie Studios

Open Baggie Studios and then select Open>X:/ProgramFiles/Codemasters/BrianLaraInternationalCricket2005/
Data/Teams and select the team's .bag file you have made. SA in my case.

kitediting31.jpg

The teams use the kit with the extension ....................AltODI.bag in exhibition so I mostly replace the files in them. Replace every .dds one by one by locating it on your hard disk.

kitediting32.jpg

Replace every file and then close Baggie Studios.

kitediting33.jpg

Well you are finally done. Now play the game and check the kit out if everything has been put on the right spot and if you find mistakes, its not that bad, as you have also saved the psd files where all layers are saved and you just have to correct the relevant layer.

OK you are a Kit maker for BLIC now :happy :happy . I hope this Tutorial was well written and I explained everything in detail. If you still have questions please post in this thread.

Attachments

• Kit Templates.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 402
Last edited:

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Hariz you rock man! I always had problems with the colors of the kits! :):cool:
Reps for you :)!

Hariz

International Cricketer
Well Madman, use the lasso tool or the pen tool to make your selections. They are good to select parts and fill in colour. I use the magic wand to cut out logos and sometimes make selections.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
The lasso tool is not that hard. Zoom in once and concentrate alot, it's quite easy tbh.

Also, if anyone is having trouble with the trouser ie stripes going down the side, here is where to put them:

Attachments

• trousers help.JPG
    trousers help.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 611

Hariz

International Cricketer
Madman said:
would it be possible to have a tutorial on:
trousers
helmet
shoes
pads
gloves
caps
sunhats

well everything to do with the kit and not just the shirt because i struggle with these things and they always look messed up so i dont release my kits because of the messed up stuff!!

I thought ppl could use the shirt making as a basis for every part of the kit, as BLIC uses many parts in a single kit. Well I'll try and explain these things soon.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I think trousers and helmets are the biggest problems for most people. The rest is more or less self explanitory.

hasun300

Club Cricketer
Hariz said:
Well Madman, use the lasso tool or the pen tool to make your selections. They are good to select parts and fill in colour. I use the magic wand to cut out logos and sometimes make selections.
actually polygonal lasso is much easier and faster than the lasso tool

Users who are viewing this thread