Latest patch..

grkrama

National Board President
I was able to hit sixes in medium difficulty.
Not sure if it's easier to hit in T20 or it if it is just tied into batting difficulty. Also not sure if six hitting becomes easier once batsman is settled.
@grkrama @T.J.Hooker Can you guys help with this question?

Medium difficulty i have found it very easy to hit sixes, Also it is easy to time better in t20 cause of increased confidence from start, but at the same time fielders are spread out so you need to be a tad more careful while going for slogs.It becomes more easier once settled, also high rated players like smith or maxwell would have better chances of clearing etc.

It is certainly more tough to hit sixes in hard and hardest, with hardest being may be a tad too tough for limited overs imo. I personally think good timing window of slog shots alone could be widened a bit at hardest and may be moved a tad earlier as it is now later than normal shots in my experience this is only in hardest i think in medium this issue wouldnt be there as the window is more wide.

The key issue is making it any easier makes it easy to clear infield in tests were fields are more attacking, and spoils test gameplay, but not having them affects limited overs mainly t20 were you need to be able to hit a bunch of them to stay in the game, finding that balance is always going to be tough as the game has core gameplay across formats.

Its still in trying and like matt had said earlier its not set in stone and a call would be made on how people are finding it after giving it some practice and time.

Last edited:

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
Actually i was playing on hard. I dont like playing in medium as system will take care bit of shot selection in medium difficulty. Also ground shots hv become tooo easy for me in medium difficulty.
I m trying various modifiers now....
@Mohammed Sherry
Finally i think i m getting what i wanted in limited overs with modifiers. Plz check the video for some boundaries which i got for lofted shots. I got one edge trying to hit a six and also get caught in outfiled and inner field. Now its a mixture of risk and ability to hit lofted shots. Will play more matches and see if its working...
If this works then my problem will be solved.
I can play Test matches without batting modifiers at hardest level and limited overs with modifiers

Last edited:

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
Medium difficulty i have found it very easy to hit sixes, Also it is easy to time better in t20 cause of increased confidence from start, but at the same time fielders are spread out so you need to be a tad more careful while going for slogs.It becomes more easier once settled, also high rated players like smith or maxwell would have better chances of clearing etc.

It is certainly more tough to hit sixes in hard and hardest, with hardest being may be a tad too tough for limited overs imo. I personally think good timing window of slog shots alone could be widened a bit at hardest and may be moved a tad earlier as it is now later than normal shots in my experience this is only in hardest i think in medium this issue wouldnt be there as the window is more wide.

The key issue is making it any easier makes it easy to clear infield in tests were fields are more attacking, and spoils test gameplay, but not having them affects limited overs mainly t20 were you need to be able to hit a bunch of them to stay in the game, finding that balance is always going to be tough as the game has core gameplay across formats.

Its still in trying and like matt had said earlier its not set in stone and a call would be made on how people are finding it after giving it some practice and time.
Its always a risk to change the gameplay now in this iteration. Hope they consider having different gameplay across formats in the next itearation.

D

Deleted member 185125

@Mohammed Sherry
Finally i think i m getting what i wanted in limited overs with modifiers. Plz check the video for some boundaries which i got for lofted shots. I got one edge trying to hit a six and also get caught in outfiled and inner field. Now its a mixture of risk and ability to hit lofted shots. Will play more matches and see if its working...
If this works then my problem will be solved.
I can play Test matches without batting modifiers at hardest level and limited overs with modifiers
Great to know. What modifiers did you change to achieve it?[DOUBLEPOST=1525063118][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its always a risk to change the gameplay now in this iteration. Hope they consider having different gameplay across formats in the next itearation.
I think the ideal situation would be to have different six hitting difficulty for different formats. The timings can still remain same across.

N Jones

Club Captain
I just completed a Test match I was halfway through on pro/medium and rather than almost having to give my wicket away I felt like I was playing a proper Test match. You’ve got to occupy the crease more, be patient and can’t just blast your way out of it. I’m playing Tests and that’s how it should be. Okay 32-6 and 104 all out came as a shock but the 50 partnership I had was proper graft and batting and bowling seem more even now. Better than scoring 750 declared.

Stick at it, we don’t want arcade cricket!
Good comments. I'll definitely stick with it[DOUBLEPOST=1525063567][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually i was playing on hard. I dont like playing in medium as system will take care bit of shot selection in medium difficulty. Also ground shots hv become tooo easy for me in medium difficulty.
I m trying various modifiers now....
I'd be interested in your final modifierrs. I do like go try n gave as realistic as possible. I don't play with the bowling radar on

sonimrajk

County Cricketer

@grkrama @Mohammed Sherry Can they atleast try the default difficulty settings across formats like below so that everything will work without modifying any gameplay.
For example
Lets suppose Current default settings in the game for hard are
Shot timing : 75
Foot placement: 75
Bowl quality : 75
Shot choice: 75
Lets use these settings by default for test matches.

For ODI on hard lets use some thing like
Shot timing : 65
Foot placement: 70
Bowl quality : 70
Shot choice: 70

For t20 on hard use something like
Shot timing : 60

These are just examples. Bigant team can test n choose different values accordingly as default values. Then there will be no manual modifiers required and no gameplay changes required.
Please pass it on to @MattW if you feel it can workout

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 185125

@grkrama @Mohammed Sherry Can they atleast try the default difficulty settings across formats like below so that everything will work without modifying any gameplay.
For example
Lets suppose Current default settings in the game for hard are
Shot timing : 75
Foot placement: 75
Bowl quality : 75
Shot choice: 75
Lets use these settings by default for test matches.

For ODI on hard lets use some thing like
Shot timing : 65

For t20 on hard use something like
Shot timing : 60

These are just examples. Bigant team can test n choose different values accordingly as default values. Then there will be no manual modifiers required and no gameplay changes required.
Please pass it on to @MattW if you feel it can workout

Editing shot timing alters the complete batting timing, I would rather just have the six hitting difficulty altered instead.

@grkrama Is six hitting an independent variable or combination of modifiers?

D

Dutch

So perhaps start your own thread on this as its nowt to do with the questions asked by the thread creator

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

You`ve got it Spot on mate.

As I also alluded to earlier, the Gameplay is now suited for Test Cricket.

Unfortunately , one cannot in Pro20`s only try and pierce the Ring Field , it so much NOT what Pro20 Cricket it about.

The Timing Window for Big Shots in the shorter formats needs to be seperated from Tests , as youve rightly pointed out, one doesnt want to lose the perfect balance it now has for Test Cricket.

We have tried on our old Legend, (Too Difficult) , Pro (Too Easy) , and settled on Veteran for the normal Gameplay.

But Big shots has to be either Good or ideal to clear the Inner ring , which sounds 100 % correct , only problem is the tiny , even later window to try and achieve this.

Rest of the Gameplay so far is much improved , except for the couple of issues I`ve already mentioned elsewhere.

N Jones

Club Captain
Well I've just been playing for over an hour and the only time I've had a good connection is on the volley. Every other shot is "to early ". I'll persevere with it for now but for me the games been ruined. I've been watching the latest Ashes cricket upload on YouTube from "twistie" and he's said exactly the same. Must give Big Ant credit as there's not many developer's that can take a game that's already flawed and make it worse !!!!. Fantastic

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Well I've just been playing for over an hour and the only time I've had a good connection is on the volley. Every other shot is "to early ". I'll persevere with it for now but for me the games been ruined. I've been watching the latest Ashes cricket upload on YouTube from "twistie" and he's said exactly the same. Must give Big Ant credit as there's not many developer's that can take a game that's already flawed and make it worse !!!!. Fantastic

Ever thought it is you and not the game. Instead of moaning daily just turn the timing down on game modifiers.

Users who are viewing this thread