Learning to playface

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I am trying to learn to create playface faces. I used to create wrestling faces way back in the day for a game called Wrestling Mpire 2008, for those that remember that game, on the old forums...

But i haven't had the time or the energy to make anything in a long time, since the game died and i didn't really have another game to work on.

I am just messing around with my old photoshop and started working on the template that i got from @wasteyouryouth ... anyways this is what i have so far, it is still a work in progress let me know if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions...

Keep in mind i will only be working on this in my spare time which i do not have a lot of...

saeed_anwar_watermark.jpg

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just looking at it on my phone

Hair needs to stretch all the way round if you want it to show on the head.

I'd remove the eyeballs, the teeth cause they might show up if not aligned with the lips. The lips, if they overstretch the template might look too big.

I think the brightness of the centre of the face will be very noticeable.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just looking at it on my phone

Hair needs to stretch all the way round if you want it to show on the head.

I'd remove the eyeballs, the teeth cause they might show up if not aligned with the lips. The lips, if they overstretch the template might look too big.

I think the brightness of the centre of the face will be very noticeable.

Yeah, I've found if the face is a tad too bright compared to the template, I create a layer on top of the face, set it to saturation and sample the skin from the template and use a soft brush. That tends to even the colours out for me. Just erase the saturation around the eyes afterwards.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Looking good man! One thing I do as well, if the photos aren't that great lighting wise, as seen with the green colouring, I use clone stamp (source from the template onto the face) to try and remove the most obvious parts - only problem with clone stamp is you tend to lose detail the more you use it.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
yeah, i keep trying to do different things to get rid of that green, but it just ends up being worse..

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Try to adjust hue / saturation and select greens only, reduce the saturation a little

Unfortunately, that did not really work, it made little to no difference for some reason.

I did however have some luck with using the burn tool

saeed_anwar_watermark4.jpg

after a little more work with the burn tool, this what i've come up with:

saeed_anwar_watermark5.jpg

Last edited:

Radon339

School Cricketer
Might be a very rookie question. But, I have managed to create my playface on photoshop. But, when I load it on cricket 19 - it is not warping around the head. It just stays as an image. Am I missing something? What should I do next?

1620396874728.png

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Select attach custom face not overlay image. Then choose the file. (If you get a black screen just press the windows button and click the second cricket 19 box in the taskbar)

Radon339

School Cricketer
Thank you @GuyIncognito for this. With attach custom face - I am able to select the file but, the face does not change. It is like nothing is happening. I am not even getting a black screen.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Thank you @GuyIncognito for this. With attach custom face - I am able to select the file but, the face does not change. It is like nothing is happening. I am not even getting a black screen.
Did you save the file as a jpeg? Game won't accept anything else

Users who are viewing this thread