Legends of Wrestlemania

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I'm getting a 360 over the summer and was wondering about this game. I've watched the gameplay videos and read some reviews but nobody seems to like this game. I like the chain grapple system personally. The only thing that is keeping me from buying this game is that the opponent gets up from in half a second, and not even with the slightest bit of discomfort. For someone with the game, is it possible to edit the gameplay settings to make your opponent lay longer on the floor?

Otherwise, I thought the game looked decent.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I hated it. Played the demo and attempted to play it a few times but just didn't get on with it. It's way too simple and not anywhere near as fun as it should have been. If you want to buy a fighting game this summer, but UFC Undisputed 2009. It's immense.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I hated it. Played the demo and attempted to play it a few times but just didn't get on with it. It's way too simple and not anywhere near as fun as it should have been. If you want to buy a fighting game this summer, but UFC Undisputed 2009. It's immense.

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about that game but I don't think there's anyone I know in it. The reason I wanted Legends of Wrestlemania is because I want to wrestle with Bret Hart, HBK, Austin and The Rock, among others. I would have wanted to get SVR09 but rather stupidly, they don't have any legends in the roster. I think that's ridiculous. By simple do you mean too easy? Is it too easy to win even on the most difficult difficulty?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I actually found it very difficult to win a match properly (completing the various objectives) but the controls are ridiculously simple, too simple in fact. There's nowhere near enough moves, you only use the 4 face buttons for basically all the controls. The graphics are decent enough, and the fact you can wrestle as the legends is decent, but the gameplay is so flawed that it just ruins the whole thing. It could have been immense if done properly, like if they stuck with the SDvR engine and controls, but they failed epicly with the new system and controls. I didn't enjoy it at all.

Tbh though mate, if you really want the nostalgia of playing as the legends, it'd probably be worth buying for around ?20, but I definitely wouldn't pay anymore than that for it. Upto you really, just don't expect much in terms of depth of gameplay.

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I bought it for a 10'er when I traded in some game, can't quite remember now. Terrible game, for one, i'm not a massive wrestling fan anymore, secondly, its difficult, nothing like the original Smackdown!

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Hmm, another 'turn off' is the lack of career mode. It'd have to be dirt cheap for me to buy a wrestling game without career mode. I don't think I'll be buying this then. Oh well. I was really looking forward to playing with Bret Hart vs HBK.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Bring back Smackdown era. Here comes the pain.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Fight Night Round 4 is the only game you'll need this year that involves beating people up. UFC's good as well and i'll be getting that deffo, but it's no Fight Night.

Users who are viewing this thread