Lockdown tournament (SEASON 2 - Updates in first post)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Social Distancing Shield (T20)

AI v AI competition to help pass the time, give us some sport to watch during the lockdown.

Season 2

Current squads

Announcement (sign ups) - November 11

Trading window - November 12

Retention lists - November 13

Time Travel - November 18

Seventeen members of Planet Cricket (plus me) have picked players via silent aution.

They will play in three groups leading up to a knockout round.

Auction had highly competitive rounds.

You can see the schedule and the squads by following these links.

Teams

Tournament schedule

Stats

You will be able to select players for each match on your teamsheet. When you do this is up to you, but I'd recommend doing it before the day of the game (or no later than a hour before start). If you don't update for a match I'll just use the line up from the last game.

If you are at home you can set the conditions for the pitch. If you can, share that information in this thread in advance, so that other people will know what to expect. I'll take request from people if they want to know what conditions the opposition are serving up. If you don't choose anything I'll use the default settings for the ground.
Grassy
Medium
None
Day 1
Grassy/Dry
Medium
Light
Day 1
Grassy/Dry
Medium
Light
Day 2

Dusty
Medium
Light Cracks
Day 2
Grassy/Dusty
Medium
Light Cracks
Day 2
Standard
Hard
No Cracks
Day 1

Grassy
Medium
No Cracks
Day 1
Grassy/Dusty
Hard
Heavy Cracks
Day 5
:wave
Standard
Hard
No Cracks
Day 1

Dusty
Medium
Heavy Cracks
Day3
Standard
Medium
No Cracks
Day 1
Grassy
Medium
No cracks
Day 1

Standard
Hard
No Cracks
Day 1
Dusty
Medium
Light Cracks
Day 3

Dusty
Very Soft
Heavy Cracks
Day 5
Same pitched that Dutch used :lol

Standard
Hard
Light Cracks
Day 2

Don't have conditions yet @beechcroft - it's me, so it'll be default or whatever you choose. Probably last game tomorrow evening.

All groups, pitch reports (round 4 matches)

ALL GROUPS - NEUTRAL ROUND MATCHES

Last edited:

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Would anyone be interested in a online tournament?

Player v Player online.

I could do background organisation but might need some help as the best way to get actual matches going.

Other ideas:

I could run a 'manager' style tournament where folks picked their sides; maybe a world cup or fantasy teams and have AI v AI games.

Any other suggestions? Likewise, anyone who can help or wants to be involved then register an interest.

Credit to @RUDI for thinking up the original idea.

Being a "key" worker - a manager style thing would work better for me...

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Would anyone be interested in a online tournament?

Player v Player online.

I could do background organisation but might need some help as the best way to get actual matches going.

Other ideas:

I could run a 'manager' style tournament where folks picked their sides; maybe a world cup or fantasy teams and have AI v AI games.

Any other suggestions? Likewise, anyone who can help or wants to be involved then register an interest.

Credit to @RUDI for thinking up the original idea.

Ai vs Ai everyone picks from a squad of 15 as chief selector and off we go!

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
How about something like the old Fantasy Leagues where you can only have a total number of OV points?

You can have a squad of 20-odd players in a squad but in the match 11 you must have a minimum of four batsmen, one all-rounder, a keeper and three bowlers (leaves two places to fill with extra batters, bowlers or all-rounders as seen fit) with a total OV of somewhere around 700-800.

Whoever is in charge of the game can announce the pitch and weather conditions in advance and the managers choose their XI based on that.

Also, I've got a stats spreadsheet template ready to go if that will be any help.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've updated the first post with ideas.

Initially I added a poll but I thought anyone could vote whether they want to take part or not. So, it is probably better to reply again if you want in and include your preferred option (Idea 1 or 2) if you don't pick one I'll assume you are happy with either one.

Users who are viewing this thread