Lockdown tournament (SEASON 2 - Updates in first post)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
A couple ran to the other side of the road when they saw me coming but now for the important stuff. :spy

Group B draw commences now

First out of the pot... the green green ball of home... @NePtuNe Gaming

Number two... purple haze.. @gillyboy04

Number three... the kurios oranj... @Mouseydread

Fourth ball... the first of four red ones so I'm giving up on bad references... @ahmedleo414

Five... the mod hammer himself @Dutch

Lastly... blue velvet... @mohsin7827

The order to determine fixtures for group C will now follow...

Number 1... the red devil... @beechcroft

Number 2... he's talking down his chances but I think it's all a cover... @relaxedanderson

Number 3.... he's blue dabadee... @gunit123

Number 4... hoping he won't be left red balled... @GuyIncognito

The penultimate ball will be a green... and it's @blockerdave

Which will hopefully leave ... @sonimrajk ... and it does, thankfully.

IMG_20200407_165653.jpg

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
How will the draft bit work, is it open as in we can pick anyone?
Due to the numbers and not wanting it to last longer than the lockdown.. I will make the first round a 'silent auction' from there we can just go in order for empty slots and then a free for all (maybe another draw to determine that order which will be exciting for me).

I've got a list of players in a Google sheets doc. If there is someone not on the list you can request them and I'll add them but everyone will get a chance to pick them.
I'll send to everyone and you make 'bids' on players that only I will see.
Each player has a base price based on the in game rating.
Highest bid gets the player.

From there I think it'll be a case of you pick the players from those that remain. I've no idea if it'll be effective but we can see. So the strategy will be up to whoever. Obviously there is a budget so if you over spend you'll have to relinquish a player. In that instance they will be offered to the second highest bidder.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Sending you all a player list. You don't need to do anything yet it is just for your perusal. You can request a player if they aren't on there (ideally on the game, and they should be currently playing) in this thread. I'll add them when I send the auction sheet.

Decided on this for the process.

You'll need 16 players and at least 1 from each category/role. In a match you must have at least 1 wicket-keeper but you could choose to play someone else as your wicket-keeper.

I'll send each of you an auction sheet where you can put in your bids.
Bid for 16 players.
Highest bids get the players.
I'll update the sheets and then send them back and we'll do it again. So you bid for players to fill out the remaining spaces in the squad.

I believe it'll be easier and quicker to do that than actually going person by person picking one player. I'll probably put a time frame of 24 hours per round but I'm happy to extend that if people need more time.

---

When it comes to how you bid, it's up to you. You can make big bids in the hope to blow everyone out of the water or you can low ball in the hope to pick up players on the cheap. The auction sheet will have caluclations on to show you how much you have spent and what's left.

Everyone will have W$T1400 for your 16 players.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I've sent auction sheets this morning.

I'll say the time limit for these is 9am Sunday (BST).

If anyone needs more time than that let me know now.

The auction sheets should have your PC username - if it doesn't let me know and I'll send you the correct one.

If you've not had the message let me know.

Any questions stick them in here or via private message.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Thanks for the feedback and spotting mistakes or that it wasn't bloody allowing any of you to edit.

There was one thing I updated, keeper selections weren't calculating to the overall budget. That should be working now.

As per dutch's request I'll set limit to Monday morning (UK) for now. But please don't rush.

EDIT

It's also not counting the keepers to your squad numbers. :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks for the feedback and spotting mistakes or that it wasn't bloody allowing any of you to edit.

There was one thing I updated, keeper selections weren't calculating to the overall budget. That should be working now.

As per dutch's request I'll set limit to Monday morning (UK) for now. But please don't rush.

EDIT

It's also not counting the keepers to your squad numbers. :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Damn, there goes my '3rd Party Bid' for a certain WK. The PCMFA (Planet Cricket Match Fixing Agency) will surely be after me now.

Users who are viewing this thread